Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Diaspora: Does it have a future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Diaspora: Does it have a future?

Originally posted by Sip
    My point is purely in regards to getting carried away with "congratulating" each other on "decisions to do something in 10 years" rather than actually doing things. I will congratulate Armenian when he does it.
    What is wrong with you? Can you be honest? Come out of that closet of yours and speak, will you?

Why are you getting all worked-up when Armenians feel good and congratulate eachother?

The Armenian is a patriot, he already does things for his country. Moving there permanently will be just the cream on the top.

Comment

I personally believe that if Armenians in USA stay there it will be better for Armenia's interests.Consider this,if all of the Armenians living in USA had decided to settle down in Armenia 50 years ago,they would not be influent enough to make A. Genocide recognised,thus leaving that part of history to Turkey,which is good at kissing US' and Israel's a..

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
        However, trust me Gazan jan, you "don't" want all of "us" there. Most Diaspora Armenians would be a liability for Armenia, just look at individuals like Sip, among others
        Very true

Still, I believe you can teach an old dog new tricks, if your stick is long and hard

Comment

Originally posted by TomServo
          I'm very happy for you but you have to stop being so angsty and ill-tempered Gazan.
          Ha ha ha

So, you are the forum cop, are you?

Why don't you follow my example and tell us more about yourself?

Comment

Armenian

BTW enker, slightly off subject. As you can see I've been unbanned by Annon, which is great and I PMed him on that. But unfortunately I'm still unable to access the forum from my other computer due to a previous ban. Annon reckons since it wasn't him he can't restore that access but I reckon nothing is impossible and Annon can have a chat to other admins and make it happen. I mean, banning a person's one IP while allowing that same person access through another IP just doesn't make sense. Either ban outright or allow the full access. Hopefully this can happen soon so that I can contribute more.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian
              However, trust me Gazan jan, you "don't" want all of "us" there. Most Diaspora Armenians would be a liability for Armenia, just look at individuals like Sip, among others
              Trust me, I have NO plans to ever go there. Actually, I have no plans to ever permanently leave the US (as bad as some claim it is, I LOVE it here). I also highly doubt you will go back either and I don't just mean a temporary or vacation visit. I sincerely hope you prove me wrong and actually do move back one day. But I somehow really doubt it.
              Last edited by Sip; 02-10-2007, 04:20 PM.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
                Trust me, I have NO plans to ever go there. Actually, I have no plans to ever permanently leave the US (as bad as some claim it is, I LOVE it here). I also highly doubt you will go back either and I don't just mean a temporary or vacation visit. I sincerely hope you prove me wrong and actually do move back one day. But I somehow really doubt it.
                The conditions of going back are purely financial, which would mean a very slim chance of actually living and working there (for nearly all of us) no matter how good our intentions are.

I can easily see myself retiring in Armenia, having property there, visiting often, but as it stands now, there's no way to make anywhere near the amount of money that I would make here working the same job.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
                  Ok here's the non-sarcastic version to hopefully help you understand the point: "Simply saying one is going to go back to Armenia is not that hard. Anyone can do it. What we need is more action and less talk."

Now of course I am not saying Armenian is or is not going back to Armenia. He seems to be very passionate about the topic which is great. My point is purely in regards to getting carried away with "congratulating" each other on "decisions to do something in 10 years" rather than actually doing things. I will congratulate Armenian when he does it.

But Ace, you should really try to cheer up a bit and not focus too much on irrelevant things about HOW a point is made rather than what the point is. Otherwise, you'll go crazy around here ... not to mention the fact that you'll contribute in generating 4 use-less back-and-forth replies to one little comment.
                  Praising people (especially adults like Armenian) who say things like "I want to one day move back to Armenia" is one of the best things you can do - because that will show our youth (and anybody else contemplating about this issue) that the way to be a "good Armenian" is to move back.

Comment

While we're on the subject of moving back, I can tell you I lived in Yerevan for 6 months last year (I just got back to the US in December).
                    I got married there and I also bought a new apartment on the Cascade (I'm very fortunate) .
                    Like Armenian, I also will be moving there permanently in the not so distant future. BTW, my Barska-hye wife (who has lived in Yerevan for the part three years) would much rather live in Yerevan than Rhode Island...I agree with her.

Also, Armenian...if you are interested in Nork land, my wifes cousin might be interested in selling. I can get you in touch with him if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by crusader1492
                      Also, Armenian...if you are interested in Nork land, my wifes cousin might be interested in selling. I can get you in touch with him if you'd like.
                      Dude, of course I'm serious... Please PM me their info. A close friend of mine is going to the Republic in a month to do some real estate scouting for me.

Btw, I looked very hard last summer to find a place by Cascade but I could not afford the places that I really liked. Jeezzz... As soon as they see an Akhpar coming the prices triple. I had to resort to sending my Yerevantsi friend as initial scouts...

And congratulations on your marriage and your commendable intentions to repatriate.
                      Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X