Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

One voice, revenge, hate...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intellectual challenge!

Originally posted by Kharpert
    EVERYONE PLEASE stop posting such disturbing images. They don't add anything to the discussion and they're averting everyone who is trying read.
    My good friend "Kharpert", you are civil and honorable man, as the wording of you warning reflects.
    However as an American who believes in US-Fist Amendment, the Freedom of Speech, I could fully appreciate the logic of such censorship and warning for posting of such meritorious “CARTOON”s due to perceived offence toward my good fellow “cosmos2”, who is a good standing member, in violation of the Forum-Rules. But, when you combine the un-censored content and words of the good fellow “cosmos2” to censored content of my, merely, “CARTOON”s, respectfully, it renders your judgment an acknowledgement of weakness, lack of self confidence, and a wave of victory to Turks.

Such censorship convey the impression that Turks have won many times over, since they have made you so sensitive that you can not appreciate any hummer that may remotely be associated with such social intercourse, in the civil context of Free Speech. There is a saying, “those who take matters seriously are only destined to be taken un-seriously by the others”.

You do come across an Honorable Spiritual Intellectual who is over confident in his intellectual capability. So, I want to formally challenge you to a Chess Game, moves communicated by PM. And, the loser of the chess game will formally acknowledge his possible intellectual shortcomings.And, since age comes before beauty, you may have the first move.

SusanClick image for larger version

Name:	marthastewart.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	537649, the American.

Attached Files

Comment

Freedom of speech and memories

I will give you guys a personal account of why i am so passionate about freedom of speech of all place Turkey a place I was born and raised untill the age of 12 some 45 years ago a place I havent been back to.
      You might say why,why haven't I been back to the place I fondly remember as old Byzans? I can give you many reasons why.Mainly the fondness I felt wasn't because I felt Istanbul was Armenia who my self is, it's because it was a feeling of being a part of a city that was multi cultural and multilanguage "THE CITY" as it was called by the Greeks was a testimony of history of those walls that protected what was the capital of the world for generations was something special and I felt a part of that.My rude awakining was the first time I tried to make friends with a Turkish kid and always the same thing would happen later on at a tender age I knew it was cast my fate that is,as long as I used my real name I would always be the "OTHER" another words I had to pretend to be a Turk, being a Turkish citizen would not be enough.This realization was a stark contrast to the way I was raised on the backdrop of this magnificently live city because I have allready subscribed to the Turkish customs, values and way of thinking except THIS I wasn't prepared for.Back then we had one hero Ataturk we didn't even know who Talat,enver was and then there was Ismet Inonu who reportedly said "If my right hand is Armenian I would cut it off"now this was a colliage that helped our hero Ataturk save this country that we lived in "happily" ,from the "Foreigner" (or was it the "Foreigner" who set up a scenario that arranged an honorable defeat with a few easy victory's with lesser powers and setup a puppet country that serves their own national interests)Well thats when I understood Turkey has 2 faces one for the "Foreigner" one for their own .I was looking at the wrong face.The face that was facing me and "Other's"like me was that cold cruel handless ghost of re-incarnated butcher that will start with first character assasination and can be escalated to your demise if you don't submit and be a Turk not just a citizen of Turkey.

I have some Turkish and some Armenian cousins they are in the Diaspora also .I see them from time to time and yet this subject is never discussed among us.Some people don't,need or inclined to know what happened in the past and I think most people are like that ,so much for human nature but the state has to guarantee their rights so when they do want to inquire in a subject that subject is not banned.Only the creator is the Truth the light and the way theres no other entity that can be allowed to implement their short term propogandistic ways .States do not and shall not have a right to monopolize the truth Because the truth in it's own nature has always an unprescribed and unusual way of presenting itself (Thats how it is self-evident)unmonitored and unrestricted.It's up to the individual how he is going to "Handle the Truth"and he should be free and unfettered.
      Then maybe just maybe I can have a comfortible discussion about our mutual past with my cousins.
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Gavur,

I was touched by the pain beneath your words, a pain coming from subjugation to prejudice, discrimination, and unjust prosecution. I bet, in the real life, you are a narrator, a writer.

You may not be an American, but the chore values in your hart and sole, are the same values which warmed the harts and soles of the Founding Fathers who drafted the U.S. Constitution, a social craving for a social fabric with“Liberty, Justice, and Peruse of Happiness”.

Comment

Gavur

ALthough I find lots of things to criticize you(I mean in general not this post in particular), but I always thought you have a bitter past/memories that make you so harsh in your criticism. I think this post gives some explanation..

Yes it is true that Turkey has 2 faces, like all other countries. But this is not Turkey's willfull choice. Today you still can see the traces of trauma of WW-I and the occupation. Unfortunetly Armenians and other minorities paid for this trauma. This has to stop and we cant live with this trauma anymore, eventhough the foreign powers have no good intentions for us, I think Turkey is strong enough to defend it self not only militarily but also diplomatically. And for some circles it became a habit to produce the "OTHER" in Turkey, in order just to maintain their interests(most of it related with corruption). Love it or leave it they say. I always doubted their Turkishness when they say like that. Today when you ask people you'll see that everybody has a reason to feel otherness in some ways, but they would also say they and the state are threatened by the "OTHER".
          Rightists used to say the state and nation is threatened by Leftists. Now the leftists say the state and nation is threatened by conservatives, nationalist and religous people, and this very leftist people ask for military intervention. This vicous cycle has to stop, and it really is getting boring.

I am living outside of Turkey for several years, I dont think I am a diaspora, but still living in a foreign country makes you feel the other and I know the taste.
          I do appologize you as a proud member of Turkish nation that we made you feel the "OTHER".
          I was in Istanbul until last monday, after spending my last morning in Cengelkoy's famous cafeterias on Bosphorus, it was really hard to leave, eventhough I know I'll be back. I know your situation is alot different but I hope some day you'll be able to go back there.

Originally posted by Gavur
          I will give you guys a personal account of why i am so passionate about freedom of speech of all place Turkey a place I was born and raised untill the age of 12 some 45 years ago a place I havent been back to.
          You might say why,why haven't I been back to the place I fondly remember as old Byzans? I can give you many reasons why.Mainly the fondness I felt wasn't because I felt Istanbul was Armenia who my self is, it's because it was a feeling of being a part of a city that was multi cultural and multilanguage "THE CITY" as it was called by the Greeks was a testimony of history of those walls that protected what was the capital of the world for generations was something special and I felt a part of that.My rude awakining was the first time I tried to make friends with a Turkish kid and always the same thing would happen later on at a tender age I knew it was cast my fate that is,as long as I used my real name I would always be the "OTHER" another words I had to pretend to be a Turk, being a Turkish citizen would not be enough.This realization was a stark contrast to the way I was raised on the backdrop of this magnificently live city because I have allready subscribed to the Turkish customs, values and way of thinking except THIS I wasn't prepared for.Back then we had one hero Ataturk we didn't even know who Talat,enver was and then there was Ismet Inonu who reportedly said "If my right hand is Armenian I would cut it off"now this was a colliage that helped our hero Ataturk save this country that we lived in "happily" ,from the "Foreigner" (or was it the "Foreigner" who set up a scenario that arranged an honorable defeat with a few easy victory's with lesser powers and setup a puppet country that serves their own national interests)Well thats when I understood Turkey has 2 faces one for the "Foreigner" one for their own .I was looking at the wrong face.The face that was facing me and "Other's"like me was that cold cruel handless ghost of re-incarnated butcher that will start with first character assasination and can be escalated to your demise if you don't submit and be a Turk not just a citizen of Turkey.

I have some Turkish and some Armenian cousins they are in the Diaspora also .I see them from time to time and yet this subject is never discussed among us.Some people don't,need or inclined to know what happened in the past and I think most people are like that ,so much for human nature but the state has to guarantee their rights so when they do want to inquire in a subject that subject is not banned.Only the creator is the Truth the light and the way theres no other entity that can be allowed to implement their short term propogandistic ways .States do not and shall not have a right to monopolize the truth Because the truth in it's own nature has always an unprescribed and unusual way of presenting itself (Thats how it is self-evident)unmonitored and unrestricted.It's up to the individual how he is going to "Handle the Truth"and he should be free and unfettered.
          Then maybe just maybe I can have a comfortible discussion about our mutual past with my cousins.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur

Gavur,

After I had read your post about your childhood in Istanbul, I also copied & sent it to my father who is probably same age as you are (born in 1948). An immigrants’ child from Macedonia, who was born in Izmir, my father came to Istanbul in order to attend university. During summer weekends, they used to take the passenger ships to Kinaliada and Burgazada, which were (and still, though to a lesser extent) populated by Armenians and Greeks.

Boarding the ship, and hearing most of the passengers speaking their native tongues (Armenian and Greek), my father and his friends used to bully around and shout “Vatandas Turkce konus! (Folks, speak Turkish!). He now admits that they did not do it because they cared about folks, speaking, or Turkish, but only wanted to create some tension.

Looking back, my father always thought how backward, disrespectful, and chauvinistic their attitude was, even though they were supposed to educated people. As a believer in the suffering of Armenians, he always used to say (and still says) what uneducated and ignorant people would do to minorities, given that even ‘educated’ people like his generation’s youth behaved so disrespectfully towards minorities.

He therefore sends you his sincere sympathy and apologies, and hopes that you still visit the country of your birth one day. Needless to say, I totally share his belief and opinions.

Comment

May God Love Fellow Kharpert!

<----Click to See the Transformation.

However, if his account is hijacked, then the moron who conspired has his picture behind the above, click.
              Attached Files

Comment

sue35205, maybe you didn't realize that for the past week Kharpert's account has been hacked. Someone hijacked his account and he is unable to post.

Comment

Thank you fellow Tails for your kind advice.

Hi TurQ,

1- Your sensitivity in the context of the topic is highly appreciable and reflects your humanity. However, I was wondering if this sensitivity is evoked, lately, since you are Turk living in a Western Country and Culture that in some subtle way has scarred you for not being culturally congruent to their values. But, there is a big difference between you and fellow Gavur. You, in wisdom, decided to live Turkey by will for better opportunities in West, but fellow Gavur was subjected to all that he narrated in the country that he was born in!

Originally posted by TurQ
                  ............the foreign powers have no good intentions for us, I think Turkey is strong enough to defend it self not only militarily but also diplomatically. And for some circles it became a habit to produce the "OTHER" in Turkey, in order just to maintain their interests(most of it related with corruption). ................
                  2- I was curious, if by foreign power you mean ?

Spoken like a true Turk, you want our money, but not our presence? We are not in your country to protect you. Our presence was due to our National Security and is to, primarily, protect others. After all, isn’t Turkey, with delight, pocketing our $$$$$Bilions$$$$ in exchange for our bases?

Comment

Originally posted by sue35205
                    2- I was curious, if by foreign power you mean ?

Spoken like a true Turk, you want our money, but not our presence? We are not in your country to protect you. Our presence was due to our National Security and is to, primarily, protect others. After all, isn’t Turkey, with delight, pocketing our $$$$$Bilions$$$$ in exchange for our bases?
                    And when Iran makes nuclear bombs we will be on the Alliance side and will help Israel and USA . then Azerbayjan will have indepandence from Iranian terrorists. a toast for US-Turkish relation may the good times roll.

keep the money come as well

Arabic is a Language, Persian is a sweetmeat, Turkish is an Art. (Old Persian proverb)

Comment

When Iran makes nuclear bombs, the "Alliance" is going to xxxx its pants, and no western country is going to be able to touch Iran.

Comment

Working...
                      X