Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Questions for Turks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Turks

After reading about the recent events in Europe on the eve of the Oct. 3 start of Turkey's accession talks, primarily the adopting of a bill stating that Turkey must recognize the Armenian Genocide to become a member of the EU, I ask the following.

1. Do you think the bill will prompt Turkey will recognize the Genocide and join EU?

2. Do you think the bill will prompt Turkey to back off its desire to join EU if recognition of the Armenian Genocide is a precondition?

2. Assuming an affirmative answer to question 1, do you think that would that change they way you view the situation? If so, how?

3. What sort of impact could such a decision have on Turkish society?

I'm interested to hear your thoughts...

1-No, absouletly not. Turkey will not recognize the genocide claims. EU may be gone one day. But saying that Turkey commited such a crime will forever burden Turkey...
    2- Yes Turkey will probably back off from negotiatons since EU is simply acting opportunistic. There are other allies in the world after all.... It is not a must to be in EU...
    2- It will not change our situation since giving up the negotiations depends on the reason that we dont want to change our standing in the issue...
    3- Turkey's soicety will be disappointed with the attitude of EU and probably will turn more to middle-east and Asia countries. New alliances will be formed. No doubt Turkey will have losses but then again so will EU..

Comment

Originally posted by elendil
      EU may be gone one day. But saying that Turkey commited such a crime will forever burden Turkey...
      You are so wrong I can't even begin to explain... It's actually the opposite. The world knows about the genocide and how Turkey is refusing to recognize it. More and more people learn about it each day and more and more parliaments recognize it. So tell me, which one damages Turkey's image? Not wanting to recognize such an enormous crime against humanity or recognizing it? It's definitely the former!

Comment

I dont give a damn what kind of an image Turkey has.... The important thing is what Turkey has and what does it not and what will it get and what will it not. Recognizing genocide claims will no doubt lead to a international court in near future where Turkey will have already admitted that it has commited genocide thus the only issue of such a court will be to determine the compensation price which will be able to turn into landi money and god knows what else. Being right or wrong in terms of aproximation to this issue entirely depends on priorities of a person..... Our priority is our interests....

Comment

Gordum meh?????

See what happened? Turkey’s ignorance made the Armenian issue known to the entire world. A country that has lots of skeletons in his closet should try to stay away from world’s public or media attention. But NOOOOOOOOO…..the “Einstein” Turkey before doing its homework wants to join a horse race with a “Topal eshshak” when every other countries are bringing their finest horses the “Einstein” Turkey is bringing his “Topal eshshak” with a racist jockey and all the skeletons packed on the donkey’s back and then complain saying it’s not a fair race.
          Thanks to Turkey’s ignorance, today every news media is talking about the “Armenian Genocide” God knows how much money we should’ve spent to have a huge publicity like this. We had a huge victory thanks to “Einstein’s” ignorance.

Chock Tashakourlar..!!!!

Comment

Hehehe Huge victory huh?
            Anyways the day has been yours indeed but what will future bring? We shall all see....
            P.S. By the way the word is "Eşşek" write it proper for god's sake

Comment

1- I wish Turkey recognized it. But I'm afraid they prefer to die to recognizing it.
              2- I think Turkey will abandon the negotiations. So EU will stop insisting on it.
              3- It won't
              4- Turkish society are not interested in the issue. If Turkey recognize it some will grumble but no more reaction. Maybe nationalists will make small amount of demonstrations.

Comment

Turkish Daiky News Poll

Vote for Polls
                Which is your prime concern?

Armenian claims 27.7%
                Turkey’s EU membership 18.6%
                Terrorism 18.4%
                Making it to the end of the month 17.9%
                The Cyprus problem 8.0%
                Current account deficit 5.4%
                High value of the YTL 2.7%
                Problems with neighbors 1.3%

Total votes: 913
                "All truth passes through three stages:
                First, it is ridiculed;
                Second, it is violently opposed; and
                Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

I dont give a damn what kind of an image Turkey has.... The important thing is what Turkey has and what does it not and what will it get and what will it not. Recognizing genocide claims will no doubt lead to a international court in near future where Turkey will have already admitted that it has commited genocide thus the only issue of such a court will be to determine the compensation price which will be able to turn into landi money and god knows what else. Being right or wrong in terms of aproximation to this issue entirely depends on priorities of a person..... Our priority is our interests....
                  Hello, I'm new to this forum, but not new to the issue. Am I being naive when I ask you what about the issue of righting a wrong? Almost an entire nation of people was eliminated from their ancestral homelands; all of their wealth unjustly taken and given to others. The modern nation of Turkey was formed in part by the extermination of one of their ethnic minorities. Perhaps your family had nothing to do with it, but there are hundreds of thousands of families in Turkey who directly benefited and were unjustly enriched with the property taken from innocent civilian Armenians. Wouldn't a country with pride, honor and some nobility say, ok our ancestors did this thing and we have wrongly benefited from it, so we should apologize for what they did and give at least some of what was wrongly taken back to the rightful owners. I'm not talking about giving away parts of Turkey, I'm talking about compensating those who can prove that their properties were stolen. Isn't this the right thing to do?

Comment

forever burdened?

EU may be gone one day. But saying that Turkey commited such a crime will forever burden Turkey...
                    Elendil, Thank you for your response, I am glad to hear your thoughts. However, the above quote I just wanted to discuss with you.

Don't you think it's the opposite? It seems to me, and many others that NOT saying Turkey committed such a crime will forever burden Turkey! For example, Turkey's refusal to admit the genocide has now burdened it for it's ENTIRE existence. Given the exponential force by which the issue is being pressed by the diaspora in the world arena, it seems like having not recognized the Genocide the Turkish Government has consigned itself to an eternal burden. Right?

Furthermore, by facing history and reconciling with her neighbors, it seems to me (let me know if anyone disagrees) that Turkey would lift a nearly century-long burden, and would then have the ability to turn a new page in its history, one FREE from burden.

For the above reasons, I believe you are gravely mistaken. However, I respect your opinion and hope you will share more with us. Please tell me if my thoughts are rational? and if not, for what reason?

Comment

Working...
                    X