Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Questions for Turks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cosmos
    I should add that the first novel in Turkish, written by VARTAN PASA and the first theatrical performance in Turkish, written by GULLU AGOP. They were all Armenians. What can be said more. They threw them out of their motherland. If they hadn't done so, Turkey would have been more civilised, undoubtly.
    I agree with your assertation in terms of literature and art. However, the contribution of the Armenian culture in terms of forming the Ottoman and the Byzantine Empires is also evident in various areas, including science (architecture, engineering), administration (bureaucracy), economics (handcrafts, trade), and industry (steel, various arm production).

Unfortunately, there are not many people in Turkey who are fully aware of those historical facts and issues. Perhaps, if there would be well-established compromise between the Armenians and the Turks in foreseeable future, then reappearance of the Armenian Culture in Anatolia would be quite beneficial for both nations.

In that regard, I believe that both nations should initially learn to give up steretypes and prejudices that they spared against each other if they wish to achieve mututally trustful and respectful relationship in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ScythianVizier
      I agree with your assertation in terms of literature and art. However, the contribution of the Armenian culture in terms of forming the Ottoman and the Byzantine Empires is also evident in various areas, including science (architecture, engineering), administration (bureaucracy), economics (handcrafts, trade), and industry (steel, various arm production).

Unfortunately, there are not many people in Turkey who are fully aware of those historical facts and issues. Perhaps, if there would be well-established compromise between the Armenians and the Turks in foreseeable future, then reappearance of the Armenian Culture in Anatolia would be quite beneficial for both nations.

In that regard, I believe that both nations should initially learn to give up steretypes and prejudices that they spared against each other if they wish to achieve mututally trustful and respectful relationship in the future.
      Vizier,
      I'm very glad to read what you have to say. And I must agree, in the aspects in which you speak Turkey is making progress in the right direction. I too wish to see Armenians migrate back to Eastern Anatolia, I too wish to rebuild our cultural heritage (such as the city of Ani) along side other Armenians, and with re-established Turkish friendships. And do not doubt, I can assure you if there is any Armenian in this forum you could expect to actually live up to his/her word of coming out of exile and relocating to the Armenian homeland (that which is within Turkish borders) - it is myself. However, one step in that process - perhaps the first step - is recognition of the Armenian Genocide. I don't think any sane descendent of Genocide survivors could ever sleep within Turkish borders without demons in his dreams - until the Genocide is admitted. Only this can bring reassurance and feelings of comfort. Only then can we rebuild our friendships and our history, while forging ahead with newfound friendships with our Turkish friends and neighbors.

Regardless, I am glad you have joined our forum, I hope you continue to stimulate us with your comments, and perhaps one day, I hope to place the final brink on Ani Cathedral with a Turkish friend like you - I mean that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik
        Vizier,
        I'm very glad to read what you have to say. And I must agree, in the aspects in which you speak Turkey is making progress in the right direction.
        I hope that this democratisation process gets only accelerated for better.

I too wish to see Armenians migrate back to Eastern Anatolia, I too wish to rebuild our cultural heritage (such as the city of Ani) along side other Armenians, and with re-established Turkish friendships.
        I am not so sure about whether the Turkish government might encourage people to re-migrate to pre-designated areas or not. However, I predict that such migration might disperse throughout Turkey creating pockets of Armenian settlements.

And do not doubt, I can assure you if there is any Armenian in this forum you could expect to actually live up to his/her word of coming out of exile and relocating to the Armenian homeland (that which is within Turkish borders) - it is myself. However, one step in that process - perhaps the first step - is recognition of the Armenian Genocide.
        I dont think that relocation would be hard to achieve, but I believe that there exists strong public perception about the treatment against the "Ottoman Armenians", and existence of similar treatment (or in other words, common practices of demographic engineering) that other Ottomans (Muslim Millet) experienced in Balkans, Ukraine, Crimea, and Caucasus when the Ottomans were in retreat.

Therefore, I dont believe that Turkish people would agree to accept an "Armenian Genocide", but perhaps a definition that include all "Ottoman Citizens" as the victims of a terrible tragedy might resolve such issue.

I don't think any sane descendent of Genocide survivors could ever sleep within Turkish borders without demons in his dreams - until the Genocide is admitted. Only this can bring reassurance and feelings of comfort. Only then can we rebuild our friendships and our history, while forging ahead with newfound friendships with our Turkish friends and neighbors.
        I think, you have every right to mention the "Armenian point of view" in relation to image of Turkey and the Turks. However, a democratic Turkey as a member of the EU shouldnt be so scary at all.

In my opinion, Turkey might address existence of wrongfull policies against Ottoman Armenians, but I dont think that secular Turkey would accept legal responsibility of crimes executed by an Islamıc Empire.

Regardless, I am glad you have joined our forum, I hope you continue to stimulate us with your comments, and perhaps one day, I hope to place the final brink on Ani Cathedral with a Turkish friend like you - I mean that.
        Thank you so much for your warm hospitality. I really hope that I could provide you with some insight that would be beneficial for all of us. As I have strong emphaty for Armenians, I really wish to see them emigrating back to Anatolia.

I really hope to see the day that Turkey would establish good relations with Armenia, and I dream of a day that the Armenians and the Turks meet at "Ani" and express their sorrow for all souls lost during the barbaric eras of the 19th and early 20th centuries.

Finally, I would presonally be very happy to stand by you when you would be there to rebuild your cultural inheritance awaiting in Anatolia.

Comment

Cosmos, is that Kemal Sunal in your sig? That guy used to crack my shi.t up when I was a kid. I used to watch his movies with my grandma and just laugh my butt off through the whole movie he was so funny. Is he still making comedies? He used to have a character named Saban, I think. Anyway, it brought back good memories of my grandma. And yes if you're wondering, I'm Armenian.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom
            Cosmos, is that Kemal Sunal in your sig? That guy used to crack my shi.t up when I was a kid. I used to watch his movies with my grandma and just laugh my butt off through the whole movie he was so funny. Is he still making comedies? He used to have a character named Saban, I think. Anyway, it brought back good memories of my grandma. And yes if you're wondering, I'm Armenian.
            Unfortunately Cow Saban (K. Sunal) went to the other side (he's dead) on 3 July 2000. He had heart attack on the plane while about to fly for acting at a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmos
              Unfortunately Cow Saban (K. Sunal) went to the other side (he's dead) on 3 July 2000. He had heart attack on the plane while about to fly for acting at a movie.
              That's too bad. He couldn't have been more than 50 or 55.

Comment

Originally posted by kemalistkadir
                New alliances will be formed ESPECIALLY IN THE MIDDLE ASIA(TURK REPUBLICS)

AT THAT TIME YOU WONT BE ABLE TO TALK LIKE AS YOU DID NOW) I DONT KNOW IF I CAN EXPLAIN...

You explained it very well,

(1) You still having the "Pan-Turkic Empire" Dream of the hedious Young Turks.

(2) And at that Time, you'll be reay to comitt "Another Genocide".

Did I get you right ?!

Comment

Originally posted by kemalistkadir
                  1-ABSOLUTELEY,WE WONT ACCEPT THIS LIES (BCS TURKS DIDNT DO ANY WRONG THINGS IN THE HISTORY)
                  2-TURK NATION DONT CARE ABOUT "EU".WE ARE ALREADY POWERFUL AND EU NEED US, NOT WE
                  3-It will not change our situation
                  4-AS I SPECIFIED(2)...TURK SOCIETY DONT CARE ABOUT "EU". New alliances will be formed ESPECIALLY IN THE MIDDLE ASIA(TURK REPUBLICS)

AT THAT TIME YOU WONT BE ABLE TO TALK LIKE AS YOU DID NOW) I DONT KNOW IF I CAN EXPLAIN...
                  All I can do is laugh at these inaccuracies and indirect, baseless threats against Armenia. You don't deserve a specific response to the above dribble...

Comment

You explained it very well,

(1) You still having the "Pan-Turkic Empire" Dream of the hedious Young Turks.

(2) And at that Time, you'll be reay to comitt "Another Genocide".

Did I get you right ?!
                    Actually it will prove to be a necessity to form a new alliance for Turkey, if EU negotiations does not end with membership. Since Turkey will fall directly in the loop of America and middle-east policies. For the time being getting in the EU is Turkey's primary goal, but like any state it has to consider every probability. Balances in middle-east is changing very rapidly, a stable alliance with America may not exist if we consider rising powers of China, Russia. Soon I guess middle-east will become a war field, Turkey has to make its preperations. If Russia, China stands against us politically regarding cold-war era, we may have no choice but to form a Turkic nationalist based alliance.
                    This would not be managing our long awaited goal but rather an important precaution against hard times. Pan-Turkic dream ofcourse is the past of Turkey, after all they are our kin, brothers. Still it is, at least for now a very far away probability, negotations with EU is going well. Still we must keep this card up in our hand...

Genocide issue is irrevelant with today's policies of Turkey expect the ones that are formed against them...

Comment

Originally posted by elendil
                      Actually it will prove to be a necessity to form a new alliance for Turkey, if EU negotiations does not end with membership. Since Turkey will fall directly in the loop of America and middle-east policies. For the time being getting in the EU is Turkey's primary goal, but like any state it has to consider every probability. Balances in middle-east is changing very rapidly, a stable alliance with America may not exist if we consider rising powers of China, Russia. Soon I guess middle-east will become a war field, Turkey has to make its preperations. If Russia, China stands against us politically regarding cold-war era, we may have no choice but to form a Turkic nationalist based alliance.
                      This would not be managing our long awaited goal but rather an important precaution against hard times. Pan-Turkic dream ofcourse is the past of Turkey, after all they are our kin, brothers. Still it is, at least for now a very far away probability, negotations with EU is going well. Still we must keep this card up in our hand...

Genocide issue is irrevelant with today's policies of Turkey expect the ones that are formed against them...
                      You should hope that Turkey does recognize the Genocide and enters the 21st century finally. If it doesn't, then it won't enter the EU, and if it doesn't enter the EU, then it surely will be in a pickle. That other card you're talking about is just about worthless. It will bring Turkey nothing but painful days ahead, because neither Russia, Iran, or China will ever allow Turkey to achieve this Panturkic dream.

Comment

Working...
                      X