Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Questions for Turks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't even try Maral
    Even though they speak some English they bastardize the language
    the important thing is they understand us
    they have to pay us to understand them
    "All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by kemal1915
      maral now....i dont care who she is.
      Am I THAT intemidating to you ?
      How would you face our MEN then , if Armenian GIRLS scare you like that ?!

Comment

Do you honestly think Azerbaijan has the gall to invade Armenia? There are Armenian long-range surface-to-surface rockets aimed at Azerbaijani oil fields, and I don't think the Azeri's would want to sacrifice any of their oil's or army's safety in the interest of obtaining a mountainous plot that's 95% Armenian by ethnicity.

In addition, old Armenia is Turkey's problem now. Since the Iraq war, Kurds have been severly clamoring for a Kurdistan by taking a chunk out of both Iraq and Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyt
          Relax Kemal, dont worry. Turkey will not recognise the Armenian Genocide. .
          Wrong... it will, within the next 10 years it will be FORCED to recognize the Armenian Genocide ... Remember ME telling you this, at THAT day.

Even if Turkey did Armenia will not get a single penny(or cent for you americans) or a single inch of land off Turkey. Armenia can't even fight Turkey for it. Turkey can mobilise manpower equal to about a third of Armenia's population.(Although total manpower fit for military service is 13,905,901).
          I agree, Turkey is the bully of the region without doubt, but my friend it's not about manpower, it's about how wise turkey is ready to act.

As for the land issue the land that Armenians might dream of reclaiming is populated by Turk AND Kurds so now its impossible to give Armenia any land without rehoming millions of kurds from their rightful homes.
          You can deport them to the desert, just like you did to Armenians...
          It's not Armeians problem, it's your problem how to evacuate these land rapists from our homes, for when we show you some "Legal" certificates and contracts of the property ownership, all you'll be able to say is "We are sorry Mr./Ms. here's your father's house, land, farm, shop ...etc."

I'm supprised Turkey and Azerbaijan doesn't have a military alliance so Turkey would have to invade Armenia to liberate the illegally occupied territories of Nagorno-Karabakh and surrounding areas to honour this military Alliance.
          I hope you are MAN enough and suggest that to your superiors, and when that happen, you'll see how WRONG that move would be both to Turky and the freak state of Azerbaijan.

Comment

Originally posted by maral_m79
            Am I THAT intemidating to you ?
            How would you face our MEN then , if Armenian GIRLS scare you like that ?!
            Maral, you hit the nail on the head w/ this one...

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik
              Maral, you hit the nail on the head w/ this one...
              Thanx

Comment

Armenia can't even fight Turkey for it. Turkey can mobilise manpower equal to about a third of Armenia's population.(Although total manpower fit for military service is 13,905,901)
                Take a look at THIS PICTURE
                In this valley below Tatev Monastery, Armenia, locals tell the story that centuries ago an Army of Turks approached the villages and Monastery Tatev to eliminate all life. Approximately 13,000 heavily-armed Turks approached, while about 600 light-armed Armenian villagers quickly planned a defense. The Turks were relentless, and didn't give up, but the Armenians succeeded in defending themselves and their families from the attack and the valley was filled with the bodies of the entire group of Turkish invaders.

Photo taken by Hovik
                June 2005
                Datev Monastery

----

Don't be so naive, read memoirs of some of the greatest army generals in history - they'll all tell you only an idiot looks at sheer numbers. That idiot happens to be YOU.

How about another ARMENIAN example: Musa Ler (or as Turks call Musa Dagh) on the Mediterranean Coast, when a handful of Armenian Villagers fled to the mountain when an Army of Turks were coming. They had few weapons, but they used whatever they could find. Men, women and children all helped in the effort and fought off the entire Turkish Army for 35 days (or if you read the novel by Franz Werfel: 40 days) until they escaped with the help of the French. So don't go throwing around your numbers of enlisted soldiers against ours. We have blood running through our veins (not thick black tar), and a cause - you have no idea how powerful these can be...

Remember Karabagh? Your powerful and RICH 'Azeri' Army couldn't handle their own problem, they had to call in Al Qaeda, Chechen Rebels, and God knows who else to fight their war for them - a war they started - and lost. So you better start considering factors other than # of soldiers and weapons, NATO membership or not, population, economic strength, and of course money money money. These things are far less important than you think.

Anyway Armenia doesn't want or need another war with anyone. They want peace, but peace is going to come through reconciliation.

But don't underestimate a christian defending his family, religion, and nation from your attacks... mountains can be moved...

Comment

As a Turk I ask for both Turkish people and Armenian people in the forum to drop the "my father can beat yours, no my father can beat yours" attitude....

It goes without saying, Turkey and Turkish army can not be compared to Armenia and Armenia's army right now but that does not necesserily mean we
                  should empose "we are stronger we are stronger" attidute which is pretty meaningless since two countries are not in war and probably will not be in decades to come.....( This goes for my kin)

Also everyone should drop the nationalist, the ridicolus army legends of its nation since they are not true, if you are wondering how can small amount of people can harm great armies, see to guerilla tactics, urban warfare strategies which are types of warfare in which defender has the distinct advantage....
                  It has nothing to do with the blood or ethnical background of an individual but rather his position, technology,phiscology and training....( This goes for Armenian people)

Comment

I am a bit disappointed to see (people from both sides) act in line with the hatred that resulted great tragedies for both Armenian and Turkish people in the past.

I believe that assesment of events in history is good only if we could evaluate the mistakes and if we could respectfully come up with consensus for the mutual future of our nations.

When we all learn to respect our peoples and cultures, then I believe that bulk of obstacles sperating us would have been overthrown for good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScythianVizier
                      I am a bit disappointed to see (people from both sides) act in line with the hatred that resulted great tragedies for both Armenian and Turkish people in the past.
                      I am quite familiar with the great tragedy that occured to the Armenian people of Anatolia/the Ottoman Empire during this period - known by all in the world as the Armenain Genocide - but I am less familiar with what you might be refering to concerning a Turkish tragedy? Are you trying to equate loss of territories such as the Arab lands in the Middle East (not even much populated by Turks) with the decimation of the ancient Armenian nations and the deliberate pre-planned assembly line like salughter of innocent Armenian men, women and children - the great brutalities assosiated with such actions and experienced by the Armenian people and the disaperence of Armenians from Anatolia (likely forever) - with loss of territory during a War that your nation proactively started with thoughts of taking territory? I don't at all understand what you possibly could be refering to? If it is the expulsion of the Crimean Tartars or the expulsion of Turks from Europe (the Balkans) - I would argue that while tangentally related these events happened in a different time and place and cannot be considered as part of the same episode - which is defined by the Genocide of the Armenains people of Anatolia - a singular tragedy shared by Anatolian Greeks and Asyrians but certainly not by Turks who only profited and gained (materially and politically) from these horrendous inhuman barbaric actions...

I believe that assesment of events in history is good only if we could evaluate the mistakes and if we could respectfully come up with consensus for the mutual future of our nations.
                      There is consensus among historians, nations and basically every and all bodies of people outside of Turkey, ethnic Turks and academics and lobbying groups directly funded by Turkey. It is Turks - and basically no others - that your call to learn from mitakes needs to be applied to - unless by example we would call on Jews from Germany to learn from thier mistakes of being unprepared for the violence commited against them we could likewise say the same concerning Armenians from the Ottoman EMpire.

When we all learn to respect our peoples and cultures, then I believe that bulk of obstacles sperating us would have been overthrown for good.
                      The Armenian culture in Anatolia was decimated. I would call this disrespect in the extreme. So what perhaps would you call on for Turks to do to re-establish respect in this case. BTW - I like this point you are making. I think Turks need to really think about this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X