Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Pkk - terrorist organization or freedom fighters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PKK is a product of Turkey.
    every organization has its good and bad deeds.

Therefore the PKK can be described as freedom fighters

Comment

Originally posted by kerkuk_kurdista
      The PKK is a product of Turkey.
      every organization has its good and bad deeds.

Therefore the PKK can be described as freedom fighters
      If you mean PKK is a deliberate product of Turkey, a terrorist group formed by a half Turkish half Kurkish guy called APO who actually may be a secret member of the MIT (Turkish Intelligence) who took orders from the Turkish government to est. PKK so the Turkish Military could justify the raids and killings of millions of Kurds with an attempt to ethnically cleanse S.E.Turkey and call it a war with the PKK when critisized, then I would say you have actually given the issue some thought even if what you said could be considered wild and outrageous.

Otherwise you have the reasoning of a 3 year old.

Comment

I am sypathetic to Kurdish Causes, however I am not sympathetic to terrorism, mass murders, slaughter of innocent civilians for their nations policy, or suicide bombings.

The PKK is without any reasonable doubt a terror organization, do not let hate of Turkey fool you about them, the PKK is an organization of cold blooded killers who's preffered targets are women and children.

That said it does not mean I am against the Kurdish Right to their own state, or that I am for the fascist Turkish Policies relating to the Kurds, however that does not justify bombing Pizza Shops, Schools, and other ordinary civilians.

To the guy who was trying to make it seem like the Kurds are Israel's Vassals, you couldn't possibly be more rediculous.

Israel is on very good terms with the Kurds (Apart from the PKK and Answar Al Islam) because Israelis feel they have similar histories, and because Kurdish Jews assure other Israelis that the Kurds are friends of the jews, however if you think Ariel Sharon controlls the Kurdish National Movement from Tel Aviv you are certainly not thinking based on reality. The Kurds have their own political entities that are fully independent and would be around regardless of Israel's Policies.

Comment

Originally posted by Reincarnated Am
          Do you think PKK is a terrorist organization or they are freedom fighters?

xxx
          "All truth passes through three stages:
          First, it is ridiculed;
          Second, it is violently opposed; and
          Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Originally posted by yigitp91
            Pkk Is The Terrorist Group...there Is No Question To That... And They Killed 30.000 Innocent People...i Love It When Turks Kill Pkk Members Lol

Yes, I'm quite sure the PKK killed all of those 30,000 people. The Turkish army would never forcibly evacuate and burn down Kurdish villages or kill Kurdish civilians, right?
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
              Yes, I'm quite sure the PKK killed all of those 30,000 people. The Turkish army would never forcibly evacuat and burn down Kurdish villages or kill Kurdihs civilians, right?
              Yesterday in Hakkari (a Turkish province with 95% ethnic Kurdish population) 10.000 people staged a mass rally to protest PKK's bombing of a school bus which killed 11 children and several Turkish soldiers. They carried Turkish and Kurdish flags and condemned the PKK. (Feel free to confirm this story in Turkish and internatinal press!)

I agree with you that the Turkish Army should have been more sensitive to human rights when fighting the PKK, but that does not put into question PKK's murderous credentials. Even ethnic Kurds in Turkey are sick and tired of PKK's violent and terrorist campaign, and regard these bloodthirsty psychos as terrorists. Who are you to know better?

Comment

Originally posted by Vogelgrippe
                Yesterday in Hakkari (a Turkish province with 95% ethnic Kurdish population) 10.000 people staged a mass rally to protest PKK's bombing of a school bus which killed 11 children and several Turkish soldiers. They carried Turkish and Kurdish flags and condemned the PKK. (Feel free to confirm this story in Turkish and internatinal press!)

I agree with you that the Turkish Army should have been more sensitive to human rights when fighting the PKK, but that does not put into question PKK's murderous credentials. Even ethnic Kurds in Turkey are sick and tired of PKK's violent and terrorist campaign, and regard these bloodthirsty psychos as terrorists. Who are you to know better?
                The PKK are terrorists no doubt but the statistic of "30,000" killed in the war with the PKK, how many were killed by Turksh troops, village guards, Hizbullah, mafia, etc? It is a dirty war and of course the PKK are misguided but the the problem was not created in a vacuum. The majority of the Kurds are against the PKK but do they trust the state? Do they have any reason to believe in the government in Ankara? Should they? THey are caught in between a hammer and an anvil and all they know is the heavy handed response.

Many Turks are against the US efforts in Iraq and I am inclined to agree with them but the way the US has been dealing with the insurrection is no different than how the Turks have dealt with the Kurds ( or the Israelis vs. Palestinians). The more people you kill (sometimes the innocent as well) the more terrorists you create. So what can be done? Not sure there really is a solution but to give people more autonomy, rights, economic incentive, etc. It seems that Turkey is starting to realize this reluctantly but this could have been dealt with decades ago.

As far as the US is concerned, the insurrectionists are well aware the they need not win any battles, hold territory, win international recognition and legitimacy. All they need to do is outlast the US, similar to the situation in Vietnam. Likewise, the Palestinians will eventually win in 20 years because of simple demographics alone. These are termed "low-intensity conflicts" and the advantage is always with the insurrectionists.

Maybe Turkey has the chance to improve the situation in the east, but will they?
                General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

I say they are terrorists like master like slave; the judgment day is coming soon

Comment

Joseph is right.

PKK is a terrorist organization,we can't deny that.

But we also shouldn't forget governments' terrorism in the country.

They are both terrorists.They need this war.(Both PKK and Army)Because their job is killing murdering.If there were no war,there would be no army no terrorism.

So who suffered from this dirty war?

Innocent people like you and me.

Comment

Originally posted by RUDO
                      Joseph is right.

PKK is a terrorist organization,we can't deny that.

But we also shouldn't forget governments' terrorism in the country.

They are both terrorists.They need this war.(Both PKK and Army)Because their job is killing murdering.If there were no war,there would be no army no terrorism.

So who suffered from this dirty war?

Innocent people like you and me.
                      Rudo,

The Turkish state has denied Kurds the right of education in their native language since the foundation of the Republic, but has not aimed at the lives of Kurds. Because of this, Kurdish intelligentsia in Turkey choose to use political & peaceful means to get more rights until early 1980s. Then, the PKK entered into the scene and brutally murdered almost all Kurdish politicians & intellectuals who wanted to use peaceful means.

In 1984, when PKK started its terroristic campaign, this process was already completed. By this time, when we probably first heard about the name PKK, they had already achieved part of their mission: They annihilated each and every Turkish Kurd who might have opposed their bloody actions.

Comment

Working...
                      X