Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turks, a bastard-people (a mix of everything)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kerkuk_kurdista
    Why are the Turk/Mixish members bringing in politics everywhere?
    This armenian guy was right, they start on another subject because they never win a discussion.

Why are you bringing in my identity? Is that a normal thing you Mixish members do? Instead of answering me the facts, they are beginning about my identity so I would change the subject too, they think.

You are ashaming yourself by not answering normal to the topic. This was once yet again a proof whether Mixish members stay to the topic and/or divert to get away.
    The Turkish people of Turkey mixed with others, and I am sure that the Kurds did not as much since the Seljuks and the Ottomans provided them great autonomy, which was not even spared for the Hungarians or the Greeks. Nevertheless, sometimes mixing and interacting with others is beneficial for creating different tastes in art, new break-throughs in science, comprehensive dimensions in culture, and so on. In that regard, I dont think that any of the Turkish people would feel ashamed of having some Kurdish, Armenian, Greek, Albanian, Bosniak, Circassian, Akbhaz, Persian, Tatar, Assyrian, Bulgar, Pomak, Laz, or any other ethnicity in his/her blood line. There is nothing wrong with having various ethnic make-up in a society's natural habitat. It is richness and it usually stands for diversity of the given culture.

Comment

Originally posted by ScythianVizier
      The Turkish people of Turkey mixed with others, and I am sure that the Kurds did not as much since the Seljuks and the Ottomans provided them great autonomy, which was not even spared for the Hungarians or the Greeks. Nevertheless, sometimes mixing and interacting with others is beneficial for creating different tastes in art, new break-throughs in science, comprehensive dimensions in culture, and so on. In that regard, I dont think that any of the Turkish people would feel ashamed of having some Kurdish, Armenian, Greek, Albanian, Bosniak, Circassian, Akbhaz, Persian, Tatar, Assyrian, Bulgar, Pomak, Laz, or any other ethnicity in his/her blood line. There is nothing wrong with having various ethnic make-up in a society's natural habitat. It is richness and it usually stands for diversity of the given culture.
      The problem is you are not getting my point.
      You are saying this:
      I dont think that any of the Turkish people would feel ashamed of having some Kurdish, Armenian, Greek, Albanian, Bosniak, Circassian, Akbhaz, Persian, Tatar, Assyrian, Bulgar, Pomak, Laz, or any other ethnicity in his/her blood line.

Turkish people is not an identity, it's just made up from those you mentioned.
      I am trying to tel you that the today "TURK" identity is just set by the government to follow AtaMix his ideology.

Comment

It doesn't matter for today. I am trying to say that there is no such thing as a "Turk" , it's just a mix from various people, many people with an identity dwelled with eachother, and those became today's "turks". Everybody else has a real identity, all came from somewhere and didn't mix that time. Except for "turk"
        I dont agree.

The Turks are one of the important peoples who made up great empires and states, and managed to remain independent even at the worst eras of their history.

In a sense, trying to deny the Turkish identity could be perhaps logical for you since you feel like a Kurd or you are one. However, the Turks are also an ethnic group like most others. That is why, the people of Turkey is named "Turkish", not the "Turks" since there is "Turkishness" in people whether they are ethnically Turk or not. Hence, there are also ethnic Turks in Turkey, perhaps not as distinct as they were once used to, but there are, and their numbers are higher than any others including the Kurds.

For example, I am ethnically a Karachay Turk, but also a Turkish since I live in Turkey. I have friends whose origins are related to the Bosniaks, Kurds, Persians, Albanians, Circassians, Pomaks, Syrians, Armenians, Laz peoples, and Greeks, and so on. Now, all of these people name themselves as the Turkish people, and I see no problem with that since they are happy about who they are.

Finally, I honestly have doubts about how you feel about your Kurdish identity though. Usually, these sort of vulgarized attacks on a certain group of people stem from the identity crisis some bear in mind. Do you think that you fall into such category?

Comment

The problem is you are not getting my point.
          You are saying this:

Turkish people is not an identity, it's just made up from those you mentioned.
          I am trying to tel you that the today "TURK" identity is just set by the government to follow AtaMix his ideology.
          You are the one who claims here that "the Turk" is not an identity even though the rest of the world does think of the opposite. The Turk (as well as the Turkish) is indeed a very strong identity, in fact it is far stronger than most that you could see around. Existence of native people with Turkic names, language and culture as far as China and as distant as Lithuania tells the whole story about the Turkish identity, culture, and history as whether you agree or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ScythianVizier
            You are the one who claims here that "the Turk" is not an identity even though the rest of the world does think of the opposite. The Turk (as well as the Turkish) is indeed a very strong identity, in fact it is far stronger than most that you could see around. Existence of native people with Turkic names, language and culture as far as China and as distant as Lithuania tells the whole story about the Turkish identity, culture, and history as whether you agree or not.
            I see you are not understanding well, Of course people recognize the word "Turk" today, the government says this and this is since 1923. But you never ask yourself that this thing of being "Turkish" is just a mix of people that has named itself "Turk". I think I'm am going to do some things maybe you understand then what I mean. This is not an attack, it's just logica

Comment

Here is something for you, I must admit I'm not a good painter:

Comment

Are you saying it's impossible to tell the difference between a Turk and a Mongol, or a Turk and a Persian? Because if you can tell the difference between them you've already established their identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kharpert
                  Are you saying it's impossible to tell the difference between a Turk and a Mongol, or a Turk and a Persian? Because if you can tell the difference between them you've already established their identity.
                  Look, today nobody looks the same. Arnold Schwarzenegger is an austrian, but there was a chinese that looked exactly like him. It's not about that now, the fact that TURK is just Mix is proven now and nobody has given me a good explanation

Comment

I see you are not understanding well, Of course people recognize the word "Turk" today, the government says this and this is since 1923. But you never ask yourself that this thing of being "Turkish" is just a mix of people that has named itself "Turk". I think I'm am going to do some things maybe you understand then what I mean. This is not an attack, it's just logica
                    I think you dont understand what we are trying to tell you.

As you know ottomans established by people who called themselves Ottoman (Osmanogulları). Empires were formed by many different kind of nations. In the imperial system, races can mix up easier than the small states. So people who came from central Asia were mixed with many different nations on their way or in the Ottoman empire. But after establishing of Turkish Republic there was a need to define single nation. Therefore after 1923 we began to call ourselves Turk. That is, you are right. Turkish identity was formed after 1923 like American identity that was formed in 17th century. As you know Europeans, Latinas, Indians live in America and call themselves American.

If Kurds had established an empire they would have been mixed with other nations like us. All those problems are because of our imperial past.

Do you understand me now?
                    I will read the forum rules and not post in Turkish! I will read the forum rules and not post in Turkish! I will read the forum rules and not post in Turkish! I will read the forum rules and not post in Turkish! I will read the forum rules and not post in Turkish! I will read the forum rules and not post in Turkish! I will read the forum rules and not post in Turkish! I will read the forum rules and not post in Turkish!

Comment

OK then whats your point? Why are you wasting so much? What you are saying is that other ethnic groups melted in Turkish identity. Yes thats true. You didnt need to spend so much time to prove it. YOu could have posted just once, you really neednt to post some 100+ times to prove that you are indeed an obsessive or an idiot, just say once others would understand what you are.
                      Look, today nobody looks the same. Arnold Schwarzenegger is an austrian, but there was a chinese that looked exactly like him. It's not about that now, the fact that TURK is just Mix is proven now and nobody has given me a good explanation

Comment

Working...
                      X