Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reperation? Ok but How much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wasn't giving you a legal argument, he was just trying make it clear for you to understand. What would you know about legal arguments anyway as it doesn't look like you could even argue your way out of a paper bag let alone stop the noose from tightening around your neck.

The simple answer to your question as to why is. First things first. First we get our xxxx together as in proof, evidence, witnesses, documentation and all that sort of stuff. Then we go around and talk to people and countries that had been supporting you for whatever reason and convince them what they had been doing was wrong and immoral, and we have had a tremendous amount of success I might add, even though turkey has done its darnedest to see that it doesn't happen by using threats of all sorts without much success. Then once all that is covered and turkey has no one left, to back up their lies, that's when we take you down!
    Then we will see for the sake of 3 million Armenia owning 15.7 billion gpd the world will take Turkey of 70 million owning $552.7 billion GPD against themselves, not to mention military,strategy issues. Not only that you will take Turkey down after that!!! Yeaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Comment

I believe that compensation package for Turco-Armenian compromise could only be symbolic.

In that sense, issuing a deed certificate of historical Ani city to the Armenians (or to an Armenian foundation on behalf of the ones who died) could help alot to ease the tensions.

Similarly, issuing tax exemption for a period of time for the Armenians who wish to repatriate to Turkey could be the second one.

Most importantly, a government decleration stating the Turkish regret for all wrongfull policies implemented during the WWI could be the final one.

Comment

reply to Heat

`That's not true and you know it. If you have a child and someone kills your child. Would you accept the killer being set free if he paid you a large sum of money? So cut the BS.`
        -No I wouldnot, of course. The point you miss is that neither Turks nor Turkey are the killer of your child. They are not gulity. The killers were Ottoman Empire and the politicians at that time and all of them are history now.
        Todays Turkey can be responsible only for the fact that Ottaman E. couldnot protect its citizens in 1915 against killings. In the future she may pay reperation, maybe.
        However, Turkey will never accept AG -something it doesnt believe in-.

On the other hand, Land issue is completely out of question because what you call Western Armenia was a part of the Ottaman E. and it was never be an independent country during Ottaman Empire. Land doesnt belong to its residents but to the countries. This is an universal rule. For example California doesnt belong to Mexicans who live there but to the USA, as a state. The Mexicans cannot claim California from USA just because they had been living there before USA invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by MichealDuglas
          `That's not true and you know it. If you have a child and someone kills your child. Would you accept the killer being set free if he paid you a large sum of money? So cut the BS.`
          -No I wouldnot, of course. The point you miss is that neither Turks nor Turkey are the killer of your child. They are not gulity. The killers were Ottoman Empire and the politicians at that time and all of them are history now.
          I didn't miss any point and I happen do disagree with you here. If what you're saying had any validity, then all Germany would have had to do was change the name and say "It wasn't us.", but it didn't quite work that way. turkey and the turks today are just as guilty. Ever hear of "conspiracy after the fact"?

Todays Turkey can be responsible only for the fact that Ottaman E. couldnot protect its citizens in 1915 against killings.
          Could not protect it's citizens? What the hell are you talking about? It's not like Armenians were killed by some invading aliens that the ottoman empire should have protected us from. It was the ottoman empire that did all the killings and today's so-called turkey aka the remnants of the ottoman empire is flying the same flag, because they are proud of what their predecessors had done, including the AG.

Here is today's German flag.

And here is the flag of Nazi Germany.

Now tell me, what would people say if Germany had kept that flag as the flag of the Democratic Republic of Germany of today? You know exactly what they would say and it's no different for turkey as far as I'm concerned.

In the future she may pay reperation, maybe.
          However, Turkey will never accept AG -something it doesnt believe in-.
          Not so. It's not because they don't believe it. turkey doesn't want to accept the AG because they know they will have to pay for it and because they think it was their right to exterminate whole populations.

On the other hand, Land issue is completely out of question because what you call Western Armenia was a part of the Ottaman E. and it was never be an independent country during Ottaman Empire.
          Then how come there is an israel? Anyway, you just said that the ottoman empire was history, so why does turkey inherit what was part of the ottoman empire? If turkey has the right to inherit the Armenian part of the ottoman empire, then it has to inherit the responsibility of what happened as well.

Land doesnt belong to its residents but to the countries. This is an universal rule. For example California doesnt belong to Mexicans who live there but to the USA, as a state. The Mexicans cannot claim California from USA just because they had been living there before USA invasion.
          You mean the invaders. What you are saying is that the land belongs to the invaders, which translates into might is right being the universal rule. Even if I accept the notion that Mexicans cannot claim California from USA just because they had been living there before the invasion, they could claim California as theirs if they become powerful enough to take it.

Armenia was there long before any ottoman empire or turkey and it will be there long after they're gone.

Comment

What a logic!

You are living in some other fantasy world.

Originally posted by Heat
            Here is today's German flag.

And here is the flag of Nazi Germany.

Now tell me, what would people say if Germany had kept that flag as the flag of the Democratic Republic of Germany of today? You know exactly what they would say and it's no different for turkey as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by TurQ
              What a logic!

You are living in some other fantasy world.
              Logic is something completely foreign to turks, that why you think its fantasy world.

Comment

CAN LIVES EARNED BY MONEY?

Comment

RUDO,

Actually, they can. That's the whole point of life insurance.

Comment

I have done the calculations. I believe the following reparations are in order.

For the 2,000,000 dead Armenians from 1900-1923, Turkey is required to pay £2,000,000 per dead Armenian.

This will give a total of £4,000,000,000,000 in compensation to Armenian families.

Then of course there is the issue of land.

The treaty of Sevres gave Armenia this land:

Since the Greeks signed a treaty for themselves they should be left out of this settlement. However the Kurds were forgotten just like the Armenians were. So it is far that a northern Kurdistan must be established at the same time as a western Armenia. I think the Armenian border should be extended due to Turkish denial. western Armenia should include Sivas and Samsun. Kurdistan must include Adana.

Then there is the loss of income Armenia has had for over 91 years. It is safe to assume that Armenia would have generated an extra GDP if they had their land of about £25,000,000,000 per year. This figure over 91 years comes to £2,275,000,000,000.

Then there is the punishment of denying a crime of this gravity for all these year which makes many Armenians suffer Psychologically, Mentally and Emotionally. An additional payment of £2,000,000 per Armenian alive today must be made, presuming there are 9,000,000 Armenians alive today the total will come to £180,000,000,000,000.

For a rough estimate Turkey must pay Armenia 200 trillion British pounds. In dollars this will come close to 400 trillion dollars. Plus giving Armenia the land promised in the treaty of Sevres and some extra lands.

Comment

Bulgarian, Turkey's GDP is $552,700,000,000. I find you guilty of fuzzy mathematics and fine you $1,000,000,000,000,000.

Comment

Working...
                      X