Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reperation? Ok but How much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maral

Cant wait to see how Hague gonna result!.

They really badly lie to you, Ataturk himself procecuted CUP members. Ataturk long ago had bad relations with CUP and he distanced himself.

Please make a more concrete relation between CUP and TUrkey. YOucant make it.

This was for you being 100% true, which is not the case. Believe me Turkey will not ever give a nickel for this, and I would definetly support that stance for Turkey.

Turkey has nothing to do with Armenian money, and Armenian money is not capable of founding a country. I dont know how you make such interesting claims.

If you ever tried to pursue justice towards those individuals who got Armenian wealth, I would whole heartedly support you, and I personally would like to see those wealth to be given to Armenian institutions in TUrkey.
    But as far as the republic of Turkey concerned, you'll not see nickels coming out of state treasury.

Yes I stood by those lands and properties plundered by Caucusian Armenians.

You guys always distance(may be just for strategic purposes), that Anatolian Armenians groups/parties and Caucusian Armenians had nothing to do with each other(of course if we ignore 5000+ Armenians fought along with them), but when we ask for justice for Caucusian TUrks and muslims suddenly this changes wondering why!

Yes I'm waiting for Hague to rule on this

Originally posted by maral_m79
    Moder republic of Turkey is up to it's nose guilty of Armenian Genocide, simply because it's founders were Armenian Genocide Perpetrators, and almost everyone of those CUP criminals (Ataturk's friends) who managed to aviod presion, were recruited back to important posts in the not-so-new Turkish State here's more details about NAMES, DATES, & HIDIOUS CRIMINALS The recycling of the criminal Young Turks.

In addition to that, you should NOT FORGET not for split second that The Modern Republic of Turkey WAS FOUNDED by using Armenian BLOOD money, stolen and confiscated from the Armenians of the Ottoman Empire...
    It is rotten in roots Turq ... modern Turkey I mean..

Really !!!!

Armenians are not sueing Turkey in the ICC [ International Criminal Court ] in the Hague because Armenian Leaders are aware that they CAN'T WIN a case you know you're so funny !

Unfortunately your propaganda machine is so powerful in Turkey that you believe anything they tell you without bothering to check it for yourself... I would've forgave a kid for saying what you have just said, but YOU !!!!!!

From what I read above , it seems that you TurQ efendi have NO IDEA about something called Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court and of course if you haven't bother to try to find out WHY in hell Armenians are not sueing Turkey in Hague & choose to believe what Turkish government's propagandists tell you, you wouldn't also know what does the "ARTICLE 11" of the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court read... Why would you cheeck, you're happy to blindly follow the Turkish propaganda that you desprately want to believe..

Anyway, article 11 reads :

Article 11
    Jurisdiction ratione temporis

1. The Court has jurisdiction only with respect to crimes committed after the entry into force of this Statute.

of course you know when it entered into force ? if you don't you can read it at the top of the page I just refered ... that's 2002...

Unfortunately Armenians in Caucasia did NOT RULE the country, so you might want to demans that from the Rulers .

Armenians should compensate Circissian Turks ???!!!! is that a Joke ?
    Obviously you have NO IDEA about the Treaty of San Stefano, and Berlin EITHER !!

Comment

Maral has a point here. Without a doubt a recognition act will lead to legal basis for claims of the Diaspora Armenians in terms of land, money. I, personally also realize that there is no force in the world today that can dictate Turkey the impacts of such claims including Armenia, America, EU... But at the aftermath of such recognition, one can expect countries which wants to impose its politics to Turkey in middle-east, will use this legal-based would be arguements to hurt Turkey any kind of economic sanctions, weapons ambargo etc. Leaving aside believing if the Armenian genocide claims are true or not, we Turkish people must decide if it is to our benefit to restore relations with Armenia or Armenian people.
      Today if I am not wrong there are 7 million Armenians in the world. 3 millions in Armenia itself, the rest of the population is scattered around the world. Even if one person sues Turkey and wins, that would endanger our relations with the justice departments of international community at least. From what I have seen so far there is not a single positive thing that will happen for us, if we improve relations with Armenian community. Maral says she wants the land, money. I suspect that the rest of the Armenian community would disagree with her.
      To me it seems we have everything to lose and nothing to gain.

What do you say Turkish people of the forum? What kind of a course should we follow?

Comment

I can see no relation with recognition and raparations. Turkey uses this for counter attack but in reality official recognition has nothing to do with Turkish republic.

But yes thats true the recognition thing(by the leaders, not the individuals like Maral) is a political tool, and has nothing to do with justice. So TUrkey responds politics with politics.

Originally posted by elendil
        Maral has a point here. Without a doubt a recognition act will lead to legal basis for claims of the Diaspora Armenians in terms of land, money. I, personally also realize that there is no force in the world today that can dictate Turkey the impacts of such claims including Armenia, America, EU... But at the aftermath of such recognition, one can expect countries which wants to impose its politics to Turkey in middle-east, will use this legal-based would be arguements to hurt Turkey any kind of economic sanctions, weapons ambargo etc. Leaving aside believing if the Armenian genocide claims are true or not, we Turkish people must decide if it is to our benefit to restore relations with Armenia or Armenian people.
        Today if I am not wrong there are 7 million Armenians in the world. 3 millions in Armenia itself, the rest of the population is scattered around the world. Even if one person sues Turkey and wins, that would endanger our relations with the justice departments of international community at least. From what I have seen so far there is not a single positive thing that will happen for us, if we improve relations with Armenian community. Maral says she wants the land, money. I suspect that the rest of the Armenian community would disagree with her.
        To me it seems we have everything to lose and nothing to gain.

What do you say Turkish people of the forum? What kind of a course should we follow?

Comment

I am for tracking down those individuals who robbed Armenian wealths, not because Armenians ask for it, I believe in it.
          Those people took advatage of poor people and their situation, this cant be tolerable. Similarly that kind of people did terrible things to Turks and Muslims as well. If they were not punished yet, I think the wealth inherited from those individuals should be given to Turkey's Armenian foundations.

Comment

We want our home and we want it rat and xxxxroach free!

Originally posted by MichealDuglas
            tell me a single amount for all the suffered Armenians.
            Germany paid 60 billion usd to jews, but they were 6 million.
            I want my home and I'll take it back... sooner or later.
            From the east Armenia reaches the shores of the Caspian. In the northwest we'll have Trebizond and the shores of the Black Sea, in the southwest Cilicia and the shores of the Mediterranean.

Everything that falls in between this triangle is ours and will be ours until the end of humanity.
            It doesn't matter when we'll take our home back, it may take decades or centuries, but that day will inevitably come.
            We'll take our home back and we'll make it rat and xxxxroach free.

Money? That'll be on the agenda as well:
            The riches and houses and businesses and farms of 3 million people at least.
            One million per family will make US$ 700,000,000,000 (assuming 700,000 families).

For more than 2000 churches you deliberately destroyed after 1915:
            Assuming there were say 500 monasteries and 1500 churches:
            US$ 1 billion for each monastery compound (although historical heritage is priceless) and US$ 100 million for each of the churches:
            US$ 500,000,000,000 for the monasteries and US$ 150,000,000,000 for the churches.

US$ 1,350,000,000,000 total at least for the time being.

No one knows how many thousands of manuscripts, relics and stone crosses you burnt and destroyed. That can also be calculated approximately.

All in all US$ 2,000,000,000,000 for the start.
            Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
            II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
            III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
            IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by TurQ
              Echimiadzin Armenian Catholicos along with the Zsar called all Armenians to wage war against Muslims/Turks,
              I would like to see you prove this allegation. With something authentic btw and not some made up nonexisting quotes from non existing books or other such silly nonsense.

Comment

Maral says she wants the land, money. I suspect that the rest of the Armenian community would disagree with her.
                You suspect wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by maral_m79
                  Moder republic of Turkey is up to it's nose guilty of Armenian Genocide, simply because it's founders were Armenian Genocide Perpetrators, and almost everyone of those CUP criminals (Ataturk's friends) who managed to aviod presion, were recruited back to important posts in the not-so-new Turkish State here's more details about NAMES, DATES, & HIDIOUS CRIMINALS The recycling of the criminal Young Turks.

In addition to that, you should NOT FORGET not for split second that The Modern Republic of Turkey WAS FOUNDED by using Armenian BLOOD money, stolen and confiscated from the Armenians of the Ottoman Empire...
                  It is rotten in roots Turq ... modern Turkey I mean..
                  This would be a more appropriate flag for "modern" turkey.

In case TurQ the genius doesn't get it. It stands for RECYCLED GARBAGE!

Comment

account & shipment info

Originally posted by Hellektor
                    I want my home and I'll take it back... sooner or later.
                    From the east Armenia reaches the shores of the Caspian. In the northwest we'll have Trebizond and the shores of the Black Sea, in the southwest Cilicia and the shores of the Mediterranean.

Everything that falls in between this triangle is ours and will be ours until the end of humanity.
                    It doesn't matter when we'll take our home back, it may take decades or centuries, but that day will inevitably come.
                    We'll take our home back and we'll make it rat and xxxxroach free.

Money? That'll be on the agenda as well:
                    The riches and houses and businesses and farms of 3 million people at least.
                    One million per family will make US$ 700,000,000,000 (assuming 700,000 families).

For more than 2000 churches you deliberately destroyed after 1915:
                    Assuming there were say 500 monasteries and 1500 churches:
                    US$ 1 billion for each monastery compound (although historical heritage is priceless) and US$ 100 million for each of the churches:
                    US$ 500,000,000,000 for the monasteries and US$ 150,000,000,000 for the churches.

US$ 1,350,000,000,000 total at least for the time being.

No one knows how many thousands of manuscripts, relics and stone crosses you burnt and destroyed. That can also be calculated approximately.

All in all US$ 2,000,000,000,000 for the start.
                    Please provide us with an address for the shipment of insecticides & pesticides, as well as with an account number for the wire transfer

Comment

Well, it is true that there is a certain continuity between the cadres of CUP and Early Republican Period but i still believe that there are two important points that should be highligted:
                      1- It is wrong to assume a homogenity of ideology within CUP since there were multiple groups of different ideas i.e. Mustafa Kemal was one of the marginals because of problems between him and Enver.
                      2- It is impossible to build a bureaucratic elite from scratch after continous warfare of 12 years that reduced the available resources quite visibly but that does not mean there was a change at least in some of the policies and discourses.

Just another point regarding Hellektor's desire to take back 'home' : i am sure, we are all aware that land does not come alone, it comes with the population living on it and i am very surprised to find such an attitude in those who should have known it best, due to all those suffered in the past.

Comment

Working...
                      X