Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reperation? Ok but How much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pax
    Just another point regarding Hellektor's desire to take back 'home' : i am sure, we are all aware that land does not come alone, it comes with the population living on it and i am very surprised to find such an attitude in those who should have known it best, due to all those suffered in the past.
    The land had its indigenous population until 1915.
    It didn't bother the Turks to wipe the owners of the land off their homeland for thousands of years.

Let me give you an example:

I have managed, over the years to build a mansion with 50 rooms. For generations we lived in our mansion.
    Then some rapist, murderous thieves came and raped and slaughtered my family. They squatted in my mansion and bred like rabbits.

Now they are telling me: Look we are 250 in these 50 rooms and only 10 of your family survive now. We have automatically become the landlords as a result of using our weapons of mass population.

Now I tell you: You'd better used some pills, condoms or something. I can't care less how fast you bred in my home. It is still my home and every law in the universe will confirm that I'm right. Maybe I just want to walk into different empty rooms and fart or sing or whatever. It's nobody's business what I do in my own house.

BTW, there's a land 5 times larger than Turkey the other side of the Caspian. It used to belong to Turanians, a people of Iranian descent who were wiped by your ancestors in the 6th century. No one claims those lands, go back to where you come from and start building a civilization. That way you'll understand the effort civilized people put into creating a homeland and probably that will make you civilized and you'll refrain from destroying the cities, villages and cultural heritage of other peoples.
    Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
    II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
    III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
    IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Hellektor
      It didn't bother the Turks to wipe the owners of the land off their homeland for thousands of years.
      I dont accept the ownership of lands like Anatolia which was the cradle of many civilizations. The Armenians were only one of the many who lived in Anatolia, and living on such land does not turn anyone into the landlord.

Comment

Originally posted by ScythianVizier
        I dont accept the ownership of lands like Anatolia which was the cradle of many civilizations. The Armenians were only one of the many who lived in Anatolia, and living on such land does not turn anyone into the landlord.
        It was the cradle of civilizations to many exept for the turks who now claim to be the landlords.

Even if I were to agree with you on the landlord part regarding the land, there's no way I would agree that the homes built by Armenians should now belong to turks.

Comment

Originally posted by Heat
          It was the cradle of civilizations to many exept for the turks who now claim to be the landlords.

Even if I were to agree with you on the landlord part regarding the land, there's no way I would agree that the homes built by Armenians should now belong to turks.
          I did not suggest that the homes built by the Armenians belong to the Turks. I believe that the ones who wish to resettle in Anatolia and wish to move back to their Armenian built homes must be able to do so, and such process must be assisted by the Turkish government.

Comment

Originally posted by pax

Just another point regarding Hellektor's desire to take back 'home' : i am sure, we are all aware that land does not come alone, it comes with the population living on it and i am very surprised to find such an attitude in those who should have known it best, due to all those suffered in the past.
            Not our problem. Squatters are squatters and they will have to vacate. What kind of logic is this that we have to feel sorry for those who wiped out the native inhabitants?

If and when we advocate a genocide in order to get our homes back, then you can cry for them, but until then, they should be evicted like all squatters are and I would hardly call being evicted as suffering. If you're thinking of calling what happened to the Armenians an "eviction", don't even bother trying.

Comment

Maybe I just want to walk into different empty rooms and fart or sing or whatever. It's nobody's business what I do in my own house.
              I fully agree. I wonder how these bleeding heart's would react if even a square inch of their own homes was taken over let alone the whole thing. I'm so sure that they would feel sympathy for the squatters who have moved into their home and instead of forcing them to leave, they would just go and build another house somewhere else and let the squatters keep the home since they might not have any place else to go.

Hey, I have a great idea! Why don't these bleeding heart's give their own homes to the turks if they feel so bad for them?

BTW, there's a land 5 times larger than Turkey the other side of the Caspian. It used to belong to Turanians, a people of Iranian descent who were wiped by your ancestors in the 6th century. No one claims those lands, go back to where you come from and start building a civilization. That way you'll understand the effort civilized people put into creating a homeland and probably that will make you civilized and you'll refrain from destroying the cities, villages and cultural heritage of other peoples.
              These people aren't builders, they are destroyers of civilization and they wouldn't know the first thing about building anything let alone a civilization. To get a good look at their handy work, just look at any turkish tourism literature. It's their insane jealousy that drives them to destroy things that others have built because they know that they have never been capable of building such things and they never will be able to achieve anything even close to what our people had accomplishe thousands of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TurQ
                Hellektor and heat had the idea(Idont know where it comes from) that eastern Anatolia was ethnically pure Armenian land and nobody but Armenians lived there since the beginning of time, not to mention the ethnic empires built by Armenians! But Turks got an took Armenian lands from Armenians, bla bla and bla sort of same things.
                Man! Do you always have to change the subject?
                Different ethnicities LIVING in an area doesn't mean that one STRANGER ethnicity comes and RULES over the INDIGENOUS peoples, subjugates them, enslaves them, rapes them, destroys their homes, churches, villages, cities, wipes them out...
                Had you behaved like civilized guests, then be my guest! But you did not behave.
                Invasion, subjugation, destruction, rape, pillage, plunder and genocide don't come under the category of some new peaceful people coming to live in an area where already other ethnicities live.

Hellektor and heat had the idea(Idont know where it comes from) that eastern Anatolia was ethnically pure Armenian.
                Oh, TurQ come on! You've been in this forum for long enough time to refrain from such insults.
                Shall I repeat my bet? Will you not chicken out?

You show me a historic map or a historic document done before the Armenian Genocide, where Armenia is called “Eastern Anatolia”. If you can produce ONE such document/map then xxxx ME, if you can come up with NONE then xxxx YOU and all the members of your species who call Armenia “Eastern Anatolia”.

Anatolia is Greek for east.
                It's a meaningless term itself. East of what? Maybe east of Greek lands or east to Europe.
                Anatolia = east
                Eastern Anatolia = eastern east = bullxxxx
                Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
                II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
                III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
                IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Man! Do you always have to change the subject?
                  Different ethnicities LIVING in an area doesn't mean that one STRANGER ethnicity comes and RULES over the INDIGENOUS peoples, subjugates them, enslaves them, rapes them, destroys their homes, churches, villages, cities, wipes them out...
                  Had you behaved like civilized guests, then be my guest! But you did not behave.
                  Invasion, subjugation, destruction, rape, pillage, plunder and genocide don't come under the category of some new peaceful people coming to live in an area where already other ethnicities live.

Oh, TurQ come on! You've been in this forum for long enough time to refrain from such insults.
                  Shall I repeat my bet? Will you not chicken out?

You show me a historic map or a historic document done before the Armenian Genocide, where Armenia is called “Eastern Anatolia”. If you can produce ONE such document/map then xxxx ME, if you can come up with NONE then xxxx YOU and all the members of your species who call Armenia “Eastern Anatolia”.

Anatolia is Greek for east.
                  It's a meaningless term itself. East of what? Maybe east of Greek lands or east to Europe.
                  Anatolia = east
                  Eastern Anatolia = eastern east = bullxxxx
                  Hellektor,

I know you are a passionate guy but please don't curse, ok?
                  General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Hellektor and heat had the idea(Idont know where it comes from) that eastern Anatolia was ethnically pure Armenian land and nobody but Armenians lived there since the beginning of time, not to mention the ethnic empires built by Armenians!
                    Never said any such thing about "pure Armenian land and nobody but Armenians lived there" or anything else like that, so you're just making xxxx up as usual.

But Turks got an took Armenian lands from Armenians, bla bla and bla sort of same things.
                    And you deny this happened, right?

Let me guess. It was the turks who were there first and Armenians decided to go there and settle on turkish lands which they later tried to steal some of from the turks who are the original native inhabitants, right?

Go ahead and tell us how turkey is the "cradle of civilization", when everyone knows that turks can't even begin to grasp what the concept of "civilization" means.

turks = Barbaric savages who can't build or do anything productive. Their only way of "earning" a living was by murdering other people and pludering. If it wasn't for the homes of the Armenians killed by these savages, they would still be living in yurts.

Comment

Hellektor and heat had the idea(Idont know where it comes from) that eastern Anatolia was ethnically pure Armenian land and nobody but Armenians lived there since the beginning of time, not to mention the ethnic empires built by Armenians! But Turks got an took Armenian lands from Armenians, bla bla and bla sort of same things.

This guys still think that through out the history people had the 19th century fashion nationalism and nation-state idealogy.
                      Everyone might have different agenda, but our duty must be reaching some compromise with the ordinary Armenians who wish to resettle in Anatolia.

I dont favour nationalism, however, I believe that the cultural aura of each ethnicity could be protected, and this notion could also be applicable to the Armenians who wish to migrate back to Turkey. I think, such mindset is crucial since regaining hearts of the Armenian nation will be a huge relief for Turkey and the Turks.

Comment

Working...
                      X