Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian genocide from a Turk's point of view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo
    However as you full well now there are many different books, and so of them do contradict each other at times.

My personal belief is that they came as traders from the Balkans or Gaul and settled there, whether they remained for a while after the 700 tenure, intermarried, died out or moved away I cannot say with surety, much of Celtic history is fairly obscured due to contains invasions in areas where Celts settled or lived on as their countries, for instance much of the history of Gaulish France is obscure and a lot of Welsh history was lost during the Roman and Anglo/Saxon invasion.

Evidence though so far does not show any link between Celts and Kazakhstan that I know of
    Yeah, I look at areas probably inhabited/settled by Celts including : Galatia, Galicia (both), Gaul, Pay des Galles (Wales) etc. The Celts were very widespread and probably intermarried with other peoples, just like recent times! Regarding lost British history, have you looked up the Kingdom of Strathclyde? The Romans didn't penetrate Wales too much mainly along the northern coast though as far as Anglesey (Ynys Mon). The Anglo-Saxons & Jutes were probably less of a problem for the Welsh than the Normans were.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo

Evidence though so far does not show any link between Celts and Kazakhstan that I know of
      I've a book on my shelves "The Mummies of Urumchi" by Elizabeth Wayland Barber. (ISBN 0 333 73024 0)

It concerns the unearthing of burial tombs containing mummified remains in Western China (Chinese Turkmenistan), the mummies appear to have ginger/red hair and fragments of clothing shows a distinct tartan pattern. These tombs date back 4,000 years.

Comment

No

Haven't looked it up yet, with Celtic history my knowledge extends mostly to the Gaels, partly in thanks to my uncle who was very proud of heritage.

The Anglo Saxons were in general not as bad with the Welsh, however the thing is is that most of modern England was originally Breton, whereas now its majority Anglo/Saxon, which kinda gives an idea how much territory was lost.

I agree the Norman/Viking armies were quite a problem.

Regarding the Gaelic side, England started seriously posing a threat from about the Cromwellian era, right until of course the nefarious Black and Tans, which thankfully were expelled due to Valera and slightly less Collins

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
          Haven't looked it up yet, with Celtic history my knowledge extends mostly to the Gaels, partly in thanks to my uncle who was very proud of heritage.

The Anglo Saxons were in general not as bad with the Welsh, however the thing is is that most of modern England was originally Breton, whereas now its majority Anglo/Saxon, which kinda gives an idea how much territory was lost.

Regarding the Gaelic side, England started seriously posing a threat from about the Cromwellian era, right until of course the nefarious Black and Tans, which thankfully were expelled due to Valera and slightly less Collins
          A large number of the Black & Tans were actually Scottish protestants.

Comment

I know

Even worse is the commader of the forces, Lt Colonel Gerald Smyth's mother was Irish from Banbridge, County Down, to quote his friendly words :

"Police and military will patrol the country roads at least five nights a week. They are not to confine themselves to the main roads but make across the country, lie in ambush, take cover behind fences near roads, and when civilians are seen approaching shout: 'Hands up!' Should the order be not obeyed, shoot, and shoot with effect. If the persons approaching carry their hands in their pockets or are in any way suspicious looking, shoot them down. You may make mistakes occasionally and innocent persons may be shot, but that cannot be helped and you are bound to get the right persons sometimes. The more you shoot the better I will like you; and I assure you that no policeman will get into trouble for shooting any man and I will guarantee that your names will not be given at the inquest.”

Makes a person horrifyed that your own people can help in your oppression

Comment

DNA studies have shown that until mass imigration started in the 1990s, the genetic makeup of the British isles had not changed substantially in 2000 years. What you call "Celts" were never inhabitants of the British Isles. Angles and Saxons made only a small genetic impact, Vikings made even less.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Okay

Bell thats interesting, but can you provide any links to support that claim.

Also please note that in the meeting of the clans I can never recall any of Windsors, Smiths, Kings or Spencers, more like MacFarlanes, MacDougals, Murrays, etc.

I dunno how you mean that the Celts did not reach the British isles first,
                from I can remember we are the first inhabitants

Comment

Bell thats interesting, but can you provide any links to support that claim.

Also please note that in the meeting of the clans I can never recall any of Windsors, Smiths, Kings or Spencers, more like MacFarlanes, MacDougals, Murrays, etc.

I dunno how you mean that the Celts did not reach the British isles first,
                  from I can remember we are the first inhabitants
                  Here is a passage from Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celt

The Celtic invasion of the British Isles is difficult to document genetically. Two published books - The Blood of the Isles by Bryan Sykes and The Origins of the British: a Genetic Detective Story by Stephen Oppenheimer - are based upon recent genetic studies, and show that the vast majority of Britons have ancestors from the Iberian Peninsula, as a result of a series of migrations that took place during the Mesolithic and, to a lesser extent, the Neolithic eras.[18][19]

Sykes sees little genetic evidence relating to people from the heartland of the Hallstatt and La Tene cultures. On the paternal side he finds that the "Oisin" (R1b) clan is in the majority which has strong affinities to Iberia, with no evidence of a large scale arrival from Central Europe. He considers that the genetic structure of Britain and Ireland is "Celtic, if by that we mean descent from people who were here before the Romans and who spoke a Celtic language." But this language was the result of diffusion rather than migration, and the vast majority of the inhabitants of the British Isles, whether they consider themselves to be "Anglo Saxon", "Celt" or otherwise, are descended from the original Mesolithic hunger-gatherers who migrated north from Iberia approximately 13,000 years ago at the end of the last ice age.
                  And here is something about later migrations. http://www.familytreedna.com/pdf/capelli2_CB.pdf
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                    Here is a passage from Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celt

And here is something about later migrations. http://www.familytreedna.com/pdf/capelli2_CB.pdf
                    Bell!!! You're using wikipedia as a source!
                    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Lal, you have a nice point of view about the events. I loved your posts big time.

Comment

Working...
                      X