Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Ataturks statue in Israel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ataturks statue in Israel

Bad news boys and girls. It appears Ataturks statue in Israel has been unveiled. It was suppose to be in Jerusalem but ended up in Beersheba due to protest from rabies. Didn't the Ottomans also kill Jews? I thought so. Is there anything this Israeli government wouldn’t due to please the Turks to benefit themselves? They are also selling truck loads of weapons to Azeris.

How do you join the tashnaks

Ataturk statue to go up in Beersheba

Ataturk statue to go up in Beersheba

Sep. 11, 2008
    Miriam Bulwar David-Hay (Translated) , THE JERUSALEM POST

In a move that may raise eyebrows, the city of Beersheba has announced that it will place a statue commemorating Turkish leader Mustafa Kemal Ataturk next to a memorial commemorating the Allied soldiers he fought against during World War One, reports www.local.co.il. And with questionable timing, the statue will be officially unveiled on October 31, immediately after the annual ceremony takes place commemorating the victory of Australian forces over the Turks at Beersheba in 1917.

According to the report, Beersheba Mayor Yaakov Turner met with Turkish ambassador Namik Tan and announced that they had reached an agreement to commemorate Ataturk, the famed Turkish military officer who went on to become the founder of modern Turkey. Ataturk first became known after defeating the Allies at the disastrous Battle of Gallipoli in 1915, in which some 44,000 Allied soldiers were killed and 97,000 were wounded. Most of those soldiers came from Great Britain, Australia and New Zealand, and the Gallipoli debacle is still a sore point in those countries.

Ataturk was feted by his countrymen for his victory at Gallipoli and went on to further military commands during the war. After the Ottoman Empire was ultimately defeated, he became instrumental in the creation of the independent republic of Turkey. Ataturk became the republic's first president in 1923 and instituted wide-ranging modernizing reforms until his death in 1938 at the age of 57.

But although he was respected even by his enemies, the timing and the placing of Ataturk's statue next to the Australians' memorial may be frowned upon by some. On October 31, 1917, mounted troops from the Australia and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC's) captured the city from the Turks, one of the last successful cavalry charges in history. Although the Turkish ambassador said he was pleased with the statue, no comment was reported from Australian officials.

Comment

any chance we might get a photo of this statue?

Comment

Originally posted by Hovik View Post
        any chance we might get a photo of this statue?
        http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5JdnqGEu1kw

Comment

Steph
          What a sorry azz statue. All I need is my truck and my rope.

Hovik
          I expect strong reaction from Australians and New Zealanders. Anzac day is very big in Australia where I lived for two years. It is in fact a national holiday. Over 8,000 Australian and 2,700 New Zealand soldiers died. Though the Gallipoli campaign failed in its military objectives of capturing Istanbul and knocking Turkey out of the war, the Australian and New Zealand troops' actions during the campaign bequeathed an intangible but powerful legacy. I believe that was the last successful cavalry charges made during the War.

Wait a minute; does this reinforce the theory that Mustafa Kemal was indeed a gay Jewish dictator who prayed to a false prophet from the 16th century?

What are these Turks trying to achieve by putting Ataturk’s statue all around the world, asks my wife?

“To serve as an enormous propaganda coup in furtherance of the Turkish state's doctrine of denial and a validation of its militocracy, but to also signal a policy of “subjects (Armenians, Greeks…” subordination to Turkish military ascendancy and regional authority.” By P. D. Spyropoulos (A Greek). Executive Director American Hellenic Media Project.
          I think this Greek brother has a point.

BTW, this one will kill you guys.
          The EJC (European Jewish Congress) President Moshe Kantor stated that Turkey is a model of tolerance.

European Jewish Congress meets with Turkish prime minister, president and foreign minister to discuss Turkey's role in stabilizing Middle East, annual inter-fath dialogue, Turkish battle against anti-Semitism and racism

Well, excuse me while I choke.

How does someone join the Tashnaks guys? I am serious

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Edoman View Post
            Steph
            What a sorry azz statue. All I need is my truck and my rope.
            The reports that turkey have deployed a squadron of crack snipers to deal with any recalcitrant pigeons dropping their loads in Beersheba may, or not, be totally fabricated.

Comment

Well

Originally posted by steph View Post
              The reports that turkey have deployed a squadron of crack snipers to deal with any recalcitrant pigeons dropping their loads in Beersheba may, or not, be totally fabricated.
              There are uses for the statue, we can give him a cop's hat, a cigar, dress a bikini on him. All kinds of fun things to do with the statue (plus it makes a great hat stand)

Comment

Originally posted by steph View Post
                I tied my hope to the pigeons... They will do their mission, i hope

Comment

Originally posted by Edoman View Post
                  Didn't the Ottomans also kill Jews?
                  Are you kidding or don’t you know anything about relationship between Jews and Turks that had begun centuries ago? But I am not surprised because you have been just interested in negative cases of Turkish history.

Anyways, Ottomans didn’t kill Jews, on the contrary, they helped them in some ways a few times.

For example:

When The Oueen of Spain made Sefarad Jews (Jews of Spain) drive away from her country in 1492, Ottoman Empire was the only state that admitted them, also made them Ottoman citizens.

And during the WW II a lot of Jews, especially from France, were brought to Turkey on trains to prevent them from Nazis, or they ran away from some European countries to the Ottoman soils. Don’t believe everything that is told about Ottomans, Turkey or Ataturk, especially on internet.

So, isn’t this thought provoking? Ottomans, even Turkey, tried to prevent Jews and also, untill the last half of 19th century, they had no problem with Armenians, but suddenly everything changed and ended with the events of 1915.

And it is an absurd thing for a country to have Ataturk's statue somewhere in their cities.

Comment

(((So, isn’t this thought provoking? Ottomans, even Turkey, tried to prevent Jews and also, untill the last half of 19th century, they had no problem with Armenians, but suddenly everything changed and ended with the events of 1915.)))

I wonder why??? Hmmmmm *snore*
                    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Working...
                    X