Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Another victory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DGAR millat.
    inch esem.
    aboosh joghovourt.. HIMAGVA SEROUNTIN EH KHOSK-S AYO.
    GADEM.
    gadem
    gadem.
    tserk-s cheh.

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam DGAR millat.
      inch esem.
      aboosh joghovourt.. HIMAGVA SEROUNTIN EH KHOSK-S AYO.
      GADEM.
      gadem
      gadem.
      tserk-s cheh.

hahahahahhaahhahahhaahhaa. Can't help but agree. As much as I try to see something positive, they just strengthen the anger.

Comment

You know the thing is that the Turkish goverment gathered all the killers, murderers from the prisons for this reason,.....they were called "chetens" , the soldiers, and their leader was a soldier or something....

Comment

I am so mad they cut out the part when the woman was raped and her poor baby was right there....... I am an emotional person, but I did not cry. I just felt mad, angry, and helpless

Comment

It is really very difficult to believe all those things happened really, as a Turk i felt like saying 'no such thing happened!!, never, no way' etc... but couldnt help asking 'what if it really happened?' I cant find any excuse that will bring some relief... But on the other hand, if it really happened as it was shown in the movie, cant imagine the pain Armenian people would feel when they watch it... It is difficult for both sides... cos we are really not the kind of people that enjoys other people's sorrow...

Even though the movie was censored cut and all that, it is still a significant improvement that they actually show it to the public, cos whomever watched it will start questioning and try to find out more about it...

Comment

Well diksoliel, with the rise of Nationalism and mass mindedness that comes with any nation-state, such is the result if you are not "us" you are "them".

The Young Turks were involved in what we call Pan-Turkism, or "Turkification" since they were influenced by nationalism from Europe. This meant that all those who were not Turkified Muslims, had to either be expunged or converted forcefully. It is implied in such thinking. Turkey itself is a mixed society since half of its population is essentailly Balkan peoples that have been converted or accepted into the Jannissaries and after the loss of Balkan territory the Ottomans would simply bring thsoe Muslim populations and resettle them in Eastern Turkey at the expense of Armenians. Or they would settle Kurds and Circassians in those territories. Thus from the onset it was inevitable. Thus whole Armenian villages and people were forcefully converted or killed or deported.

The reason the modern Turkish nation-State cannot recognize the Genocide is because that it was established on the blood and removal of those other people. To recognize the Genocide would mean to question the legitimacy of its existence.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
              X