Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What should Turkey be proud of?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What should Turkey be proud of?

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
    Didn't your creative writing classes cover the concept of a "weighted question"
    "What should Turkey be proud of?" is a weighted question, it has inbuilt bias.
    "What are the things that Turkey is proud of?" is not a weighted question.

Amazing that sometimes you sound like a normal person when you are not spewing hatred at us.Fortunatly you cant hide your previous hateful and insulting posts.Weighted or not it is a legitimate question.As the author of this thread has demonstrated he is very much open to the turkish point of reference and tries to encourage dialogue.I dont think he meant anything negative by it. Perhaps he can inlighten us about his meaning.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Amazing that sometimes you sound like a normal person when you are not spewing hatred at us.Fortunatly you cant hide your previous hateful and insulting posts.Weighted or not it is a legitimate question.As the author of this thread has demonstrated he is very much open to the turkish point of reference and tries to encourage dialogue.I dont think he meant anything negative by it. Perhaps he can inlighten us about his meaning.
      A weighted question is not a legitimate question! It can never be a legitimate question. I'm sure Saco didn't intend it to be thus, and it was just bad drafting, but perhaps it unintentionally betrays a bias that he is not aware he has. Often a writer cannot see their own bias, and it needs a third party to point it out. I hope he has lots of third party advice for this website concept he is working on.
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 02-12-2009, 08:17 PM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Ok then what are the things that turckey is proud of? Why not just answer the question instead of beating around the bushes!
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Ok then what are the things that turckey is proud of? Why not just answer the question instead of beating around the bushes!
          We have lots of things to be proud of.
          As I said be more specific.

Comment

I dont have the time for a long winded responce like yours may but lets honestly discuss your points and for all our sakes please lets keep it short sweet and simple.
            Seljuk architecture is worth seeing and visiting.
            You gotta be kinnding right? Honestly how many tourists come there to just see seljuk architecture?If thats what your tourism industry was based on it simply would't exist and you know it.
            Turkey's secular stance has a long way before flushed. I have worries as well, tough.
            You should have worries as do i.The last think i want is a even more fanatic turkey.
            Ottoman Empire, when its mighty arm was maybe the mightiest in its history, opened her gates to Sephardic xxxs who were about go extinct at the hands of fellow christian kings. Not much changed after the mighty arm weakened, and Turkey was the ONLY country in Europe that had guts to accept xxxish people escaping from Holocaust. A courage to be proud of, huh?

By the way, "so many" is how many?
            Funny how turcks choose so conveniently to ignore their ottoman history when it suites them then all of a sudden embrace it when they see something they like.You cant have it both ways sorry.Funny you mention the xxxs that is a real good one lets go to turckey now and see how they safe and comfortable they are feeling.
            Please let me know a country that did not try to expand in history, or expanded it via peaceful talks with the neighbours. Or is it also clearly documented and everybody knows that only Turks expanded in the history and they were the only one that used sword to do it?
            Military wars have been fought a long time and that is how countries expand but when russia beat germany in ww2 despite all the people the germans killed it didn't try to kill every last german and try to eradicate all aspects of its history.Even when the germans occupied russia they had a rule if u resist we will kick your ass but if u submit we will spare you and leave you alone.Even towns that resisted were not slaughtered, it was nothing like what the turcks did to us.My grandmother lived through both wars she saw what the turcks did she was there in eastern turckey and she saw what the germans did she was in a german occupied russian city during ww2.Even when swinging the sword there is humanity to it unless it is a turckish sword.
            Poet: Nazim Hikmet
            Writer: Orhan Pamuk
            Painter: Abidin Dino
            Musician: Erkan Ogur
            Mathematician: Cahit Arf
            Chemistry/Biology: Oktay Sinanoğlu
            Medicine: Hulusi Behçet
            Pamuk basicly wrote exactly what i just said that turcks commited genocide and that turkish history is written with the blood of the people who lived there before the turcks what a good way to prove me right. As for the others all i have to say is they are so well known that i have never heard of them.I am sure no hlusi manuver exists,never heard of the oktay flask,nor have i heard the ogur symphony, never heard of the cafit mathametical formula,maybe dino painted the flinstone cartoons?where is the nazim haicoo?
            At your service, Haykakan, non-existence that has been reported, well documented, whispered from ear to ear, has been disproved with first and easiest examples that come to my mind in, say, 15 minutes. Disproving a nonsense/prejudice is way more easy than you can think of.
            You need to do way better then this. Seriously man i mentioned a 6th grader can prove me right and your wrong i guess i overestimated you im gona go with a fourth grader and cross my fingers.
            Haykakan jan; you put it well. 90% of my family as well as what your grandmother saw were slaughtered by the turkish "yataghan" the sword. And they have never put their sword down when they saw a baby, a child, a woman or an elderly person. The contrary they were happy to act on their barbarity. But that aside, today, yes TODAY if a chance given the turkish fundamentalists and even the government, they would orchestrate it again and again. Proof their denial. The only thing that would stop them is the Russian republic. Thanks to the Russian's big paw they wouldn't dare. Thanks for that.

Comment

Don't even bother asking Haykakan jan. Their heads is so much in the mud that they're trying to reach out to anything to come out good or clean.

Not just Atom Egoyan; but Mik Migoyan, Aram Khatchadourian, Rouben Mamoulian, Charles Aznavour, Izabel Bayrakdarian, Eric Bogosian, Hasmik Papian. Not to mention amongst the whole of Soviet Union's 17 countries, and including the Russians; Armenia though the smallest country in quantity yet in the scientific arena have produced the most scientists!!!!!!

And all this after practically a whole nation has been annihilated in the hands of both doenme Je'ws and the turks. Still Armenians are such intelligent people, builders and doers that as little as they have remained on the face of the earth, they have created great scientists, poets, singers, builders. Although all in all Armenians are 7.5-8 million only. One can't imagine how many mega more scientists, builders, economists and cultural artistic people Armenians would have come up with if the two millions' lives were spared. It's beyond my imagination. Compared with the made up turks of today of 70 million people. No comparison whatsoever!
              Last edited by Anoush; 02-13-2009, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Hellektor and gmd

You guys don’t seem to get it. Who the hell said anything about trusting Turks for Christ sake. Let me put it in a more familiar language to you. This is an expedition to plant seeds of disarray in that so called brain matter of the future gray wolf mentality.…a wakeup call if you will and ironically a road to self salvation for the average good Turkish citizen who believes that such a thing as morality exists, not to mention challenging the freedom of speech.
                This can become a big problem for the Ergenekons. Guys like Saco are on to something and they choose to become part of the solution rather than part of the problem. He is also right about your hate working against you in the eyes of the public, as justified as that hate (not prejudice) is. Armenians must hold themselves to higher standards…..not just to look good in the eyes of the world but because those are the values of the Armenian culture.

Let me also clarify.
                This has nothing to do with international laws or the Armenian official standing in regards to this Turkish government and their Azeri cousins……which I hope these decisions are called by wise Armenian leaders who will never allow the sacrifices of their forefathers to be in vain, uphold the best interest of a strong independent Armenia, Unite Armenians around the world (Armenian unity is a big problem), Tattoo the lessons of history on their foreheads, never give in to Turkish pressure, and be ready for the challenges ahead.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by may View Post
                  First, it's true that he got threats but Orhan Pamuk did not have to leave the country. He was offered a position in Columbia University and he is coming back and forth.
                  Շունը շան միս չի ուտի:

An Armenian saying, literally meaning “a dog won't eat dog meat”, though here it would be more appropriate to replace dog with wolf. You are only thirsty for Armenian blood. The whole threatening of Turks is only for the show.

Comment

Hayakan, you need to stop trolling and insulting. There's no need for that. You can very well state your point without having to resort to the insulting style posts that has become such a hallmark of you and Hellektor. Haykakan, you are warned. Keep the flow of the thread.

Hellektor's overdramatic, paranoid and angry posts (although he confesses he is merely joking and we fail to get it) are also in the same league.

Although you will disagree, this isn't about hostility toward your viewpoints, but your style and manner. Whatever happened to just posting for the sake of posting and being civil in the process of getting and airing out your viewpoints without having to put others down and make brash insults left and right?

It seems that this is asking too much of people and when pointing this out you are a "brainwashed Armenian" a "dupe", etc., etc.

This thread is closed.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                    X