Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What should Turkey be proud of?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What should Turkey be proud of?

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
    Ah yes, good old democratic Europe. A place where over 80% of the population in almost every country was opposed to the EU constitution but it was still ratified by every parliament on the continent. The only reason it didn't pass is because Europe still has one true democracy left which actually let their people decide--- Ireland. So lets not attribute "democracy" to Europe just because half of an island off its shores uses it.
    hEireanne go braugh mo chara

Comment

The topic was bait. Hitite was right.

If Saco initiates another well-intentioned but often insulting and always preachy thread I'm going to puke.

Comment

Something wierd has happened again. "Wannahear" was the only guy who posted a direct answer to Sacos question (apart from Seruven) and that post and all of his other posts have been deleted... However you can still read his/her comments in post number 51 and 52 by Saco as quotes.

At the risk of prolonging a fruitless discussion and getting into really undeserved detail with Saco who obviously must be on an overdose of REDBULL I really need to address part of his post #51. Lets look at what Wannahear says:

Originally posted by Wannahear
        As Turkic: They are proud of their several ancient states in Central Asia. Those were nomadic tribes which were dominating CA. Also they are proud of dominating China in those years.
        .. where he is trying to explain how a Turk could be proud of part of their history.

Look at Saco's answer:

Originally posted by Saco View Post
        As hard as it may be to read the following lines, remember that Turks at first were more or less outcasts with a large amount of men behind them. They formed a small nation (only 800 something years ago) and then invited scholars, professors, citizens, etc. from other nations to help educate their own citizens and live and prosper together. Then they began to rule. So please, even if you don’t know about 4000 years of Armenian History, please at least read your own history. Turkey decided to wipe out the civilization that was truly prospering, that was small but very talented, and now they are simply upset they couldn’t finish the job. I am not saying Turkey is a worthless nation but trying to diminish the image of the nations that helped it become what it is, is wrong, selfish, and out of reach. It ain’t gonna happen. Turkey took our help and chopped off the heads of people that belonged to not only Armenia but many other nations as well. Turkey is doing the SAME s**t today. That’s enough for today’s history report.
        This guy is unbelievable. As a response to something as simple as "Turks are proud of having had states in Central Asia that fought with China" he starts off with some kindergarden level remarks, saying that Turks invited people to educate them and "then" started to rule and immediately tries to teach the pathetic Turk a history lesson and tells him to read his own history. Here is history professor SACO who thinks Turkish history started 800 years ago teaching us all a lesson. Then, to my and hopefully everybody elses shock, he fast forwards 720 years and punishes "Wannahear" (who probably isnt Turkish) for not addressing the Armenian Genocide in the context of "Turkish dominance in Central Asia" and then designates himself as "our" historian and finishes his "report"

..And when you tell him he's confused, has ulterior intentions (rather than calling him an idiot) he gets surprisingly dissapointed.

I probably shouldnt be saying this but SACO, you are en route to become a disgrace to all Armenians. I truly respect Armenians as a people and think you should be excluded from the norm considering the serious nutcase you are.

Comment

With all due respect Saco, it was so obvious that this topic would be a controversial one. I don't intend to question you sincerity, however you react with your emotions/instincts as other members do.
          ..and why to use such a language with bell-the-cat?
          Trust me, you don't want to know. Consider my post as nice and sweet compared to some other posts. I never go out on someone unless he/she truly deserves it. And Seruven, I don't react only with my instincts or emotions, I use my brains as well, unlike some in this thread.

I'm not acquainted with Bell's posts, but I've the impression that he uses a blunt language which doesn't care to be polite, reminding Palavra's. But don't think he deserves such a treatment. Anyway, I may not be knowledgeable enough to make comments over the language preferred by Saco for the cat.
          If you got acquainted with the cat, you'd be saying worst things then me, Seruven. It's not just me. Don't be so ready to show pity especially on people with 2 faces.

As for the post in the previous page, I couldn't find the one you mentioned. But we don't need to turn this thread into a mass, just because someone appeared and wrote irrelavant and provoking things. Let's just be calm.
          Regards,
          S.
          Agreed, let's be calm, and regarding the past posts, they were deleted and its not too difficult to understand why.

The topic was bait. Hitite was right.
          *Sigh* I guess some people change...and some just don't.

If Saco initiates another well-intentioned but often insulting and always preachy thread I'm going to puke.
          I've only gotten a few posts from you Tom and they were usually crap, no offense. I have a better reason to puke. And I never insult first, my insulting friend, remember that. Finally, regarding the "preaching", if talking, posting, conversing, stating facts, etc. is considered "preaching", get out of this thread and find another bunker. I never said this topic would be easily understood along with my intentions, I knew that from the start, but I made it clear why I brought the question up. If anyone still feels down or doesn't want to reply, they have serious issues. If we can't talk on a normal basis about two countries, how the hell are we going to fix the problems between them? Call this preaching, call this whatever the hell you want, if you don't understand what I just said or my intentions, you need more then preaching. I'm sick and tired of all this childish nonsense.

Coming back to point after a good amount of pointless posts. What are the interesting places in Turkey that any person should go to for example other then Istanbul, Ankara, etc.? Major cities are obvious but where in those major cities should we visit. Been wanting to ask that question for awhile. Say I came to Turkey and one of you had to show me around. Many have offered to do so so I thought I'd ask!
          THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco
            I use my brains as well, unlike some in this thread.
            Only people who agree with you must have brains. Give me a break.

I don't know whether it was intentional or not, but you were being insulting and doing more harm than good. I know this may come as a shock, but some people don't see eye-to-eye with you.

Comment

Only people who agree with you must have brains. Give me a break.
              Did I say that? Was I talking about you?

I don't know whether it was intentional or not, but you were being insulting and doing more harm than good. I know this may come as a shock, but some people don't see eye-to-eye with you.
              I am insulting when needed, not from the start and naturally, there will always be people that won't see eye to eye with me. I can say those people probably don't see eye to eye with many, many people, not just me. You still never said anything properly or even complained about a certain something I said. So until then, your still a strange person to me.

Comment

Ay ya yay. This guy just doesn’t get it, does he? Hitite, you quoted what I said and Wannahear’s remark but what did he say before that? Can you remember? If not, use the duck tape in your garage and tie up your mouth.

Something wierd has happened again. "Wannahear" was the only guy who posted a direct answer to Sacos question (apart from Seruven) and that post and all of his other posts have been deleted...
                I wonder why that was?

At the risk of prolonging a fruitless discussion and getting into really undeserved detail with Saco who obviously must be on an overdose of REDBULL I really need to address part of his post #51.
                Let’s see what you have to say…

This guy is unbelievable. As a response to something as simple as "Turks are proud of having had states in Central Asia that fought with China" he starts off with some kindergarden level remarks, saying that Turks invited people to educate them and "then" started to rule and immediately tries to teach the pathetic Turk a history lesson and tells him to read his own history.
                Hitite, you start quoting from the middle of the conversation. This dude comes in and begins sniggering at us (read his posts properly) and says a lot of things out of place. Why don’t you quote all that as well? Who are you kidding, lol? This is your way of trying real hard to make me feel bad? You should try much harder. It isn’t working too well, red bull. Point your horns at someone else before I break them.

Here is history professor SACO who thinks Turkish history started 800 years ago teaching us all a lesson. Then, to my and hopefully everybody elses shock, he fast forwards 720 years and punishes "Wannahear" (who probably isnt Turkish) for not addressing the Armenian Genocide in the context of "Turkish dominance in Central Asia"
                Completely out of context. I did say that about 800 years ago Turks brought in people from other places and they ALWAYS DID, not just once. Don’t believe me? Read your history. I’m saying it again. Wannahear denied the AG if I’m not mistaken and to top it off, made fun of us and you freakin support this guy. Just shows who you are. That is just one reason why his posts were deleted. You’re hopeful ass hopes that everyone is shocked. No ones shocked Hitite, it’s just you and you’re naïve ass since day one, doubting everyone else along with what they say.

And what about Pedro, did he also misunderstand Wannhear? You’re a joke Hitite.

If it was just me you, bell, etc. had problems with, I'd actually try to search deep down and see if I'm the one to blame. But it's not Hitite so search deep down your own self, if your ego will allow you to do so of course.

..And when you tell him he's confused, has ulterior intentions (rather than calling him an idiot) he gets surprisingly dissapointed.

Funny you say that. Wasn’t it you who couldn’t reply to any of my posts my naïve chum? Isn’t the same person who always doubted me as being racist? Aren’t you that nationalist Turk you always were? Nothings changed, boy, nothing at all.

I probably shouldnt be saying this but SACO, you are en route to become a disgrace to all Armenians. I truly respect Armenians as a people and think you should be excluded from the norm considering the serious nutcase you are.
                And I should be saying this. This is what someone says boys and girls when he/she becomes desperate. I bet you ALREADY are excluded from the norm so why am I wasting my time here. Go kiss your naïve ass, people have more important things to do then prove their intentions to the likes of you. And when you call someone a nutcase, it just shows how much of a nutcase you are. You haven’t said anything serious till now since day one and its people like you that make Turkey look bad. And take your “I truly respect Armenians” crap and tell it to someone that doesn’t know you …. Because we do and you aren’t leaving much of an impression.

Comment

Now Saco's "evil" intentions are shown, bro we have been caught out, they know this is all a conspiracy against Turkey , they are on to our plan to attack them with niceness, send tea and biscuits next time, that will really throw em off!
                  We'll just have to better next time lol, what if we posted our next plan : Free Hugs to Turkey, that would really show how radical and racist our asses are lol.

We mean business!!! muahauahahahahha (evil laugh)

Now, lets start getting more serious quickly,
                  its okay for wannahear to come here and tell Armenians they have no culture,
                  SoyElTurco on another thread saying Armenians have an inability to create any lasting rulership, others saying all Armenians do all day is think about the Genocide, but you Hittite (I thought the Hittites were Armenian, by way of the Hittite migration to Urartu?) have no problem defending them, oh no, as long as people take a dump on Armenia you are right there with them, but someone mistakenly sounds like they insult Turkey and *trumpet blows* you cry racism, seems a double standard bro, no?

Yet no one seems to read the first few posts, some dudes did say some anti Turkish stuff and Saco wasn't too happy with them, but yeah, maybe everyone should try to learn to read, it can only help.

Hittite who are you to say what type of Armenians disgrace and don't disgrace Armenians? Why do you continually try to prove and teach Saco how he was wrong with thread, maybe its not a case of the Armenian trying to "teach the ignorant Turk", but the Turk trying to "teach the Armenian who can't run things" (like you friend SoyElTurco believes).

And no offense to anyone here, but I read some of the posts on the HyeClub main area, and some of you are the last to want to accuse Saco or anyone of racism, some of the stuff I have read against both Turks, non Turks and half Armenians would make Hitler blush
                  Last edited by Pedro Xaramillo; 02-06-2009, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
                    Hittite who are you to say what type of Armenians disgrace and don't disgrace Armenians? Why do you continually try to prove and teach Saco how he was wrong with thread, maybe its not a case of the Armenian trying to "teach the ignorant Turk", but the Turk trying to "teach the Armenian who can't run things" (like you friend SoyElTurco believes).
                    Pedro the last comment I made was tempting and I couldnt reisist, but I should have. If you read my posts carefully you will see that I am just trying to express my discomfort at this SACO fellow who as we say in Turkish "bashi kichi oynuyor" which could translate as he really wants to see himself as a lover of all humans beings and wanting to learn more but he cant seem to see the fact that he is not that different than any one of us. His denial of his own misconceptions is makling him look, let me tone it down, like a person who has no logical sequence of thought and reasoning. But his insistence in marketing himself as the all loving and embracing friendly to Turks saint is not selling, at least I'm not buying.

Your reaction to wannahears post was pretty good becaue I too could question some of the things he says, and some are not correct. But if you take up SCOs word about me "quoting from the middle of the conversation" and go back and read post #51 you will see that SACO is not worth being taken seriously.

Wannahears first post and SACO reply goes - I summarize:

W- Turks dont give a rats ass about Armenia except US recognition efforts (behold, this is the first thing he says and the immediate response is: )
                    S- Turkey has made you forget, YOU are also brainwashed... (hold your horses dude.. chill...)
                    W- AG is part of ARM cultural identity and Turks have better things to do (not much humiliation up to this point but ok, you may be able to derive that he implies your culture is only about the AG)
                    S- (BAMM !!) Since you Turks dont know crap about the AG we should simplfy our language down to that of a 4 year old and say bad, bad...bad boy. (heavenly GOD, wannahear still hasnt said anything that bad but he still gets his first Armenian slap in tha face)
                    W- Turks are proud to have established states in Central Asia
                    S- (This was the funniest part when he starts his concise history lesson) Turks were a wandering bunch of "outcasts" (what the heck does that mean) and bla bla bull crap. Turkey is not worthless but.... and you butchered my nation. (Here he attacks for no apparent reason, I think he was just pissed off at someone saying that Turks have some sort of history they are capable of being proud of)
                    W- Many rulers in the near east were Turks
                    S- (trying to piss farther than wannahear) Many of them were Armenian so whats the big deal
                    W- Turks are proud of bla bla
                    S- How can you have "countless" things to be proud of. I have to check your facts

..The rest is not important except at the end where he claims he "knows what is going on in Turkey"

I dont defend Turks who openly attack Armenians and the Turkish morons who repeat stuff we have all memorised. If you look at my history you will see I have openly and sometimes fiercly critisized them. But wannahears remarks were pretty mellow compared to others and he had some very GOOD points and also some that were flat out WRONG. But when our Mr. Desmond Tutu turns into Ghengis Khan for no serious reason it just annoys me. Many Turks are bening accused of being brainwashed which is true but many Armenians have had their own mega dose of brain-bleach and its just sick to see other "comrades" giving credit to these nit-wits, be they Turk or Armenian.

And BTW, Hittites are not Turkish ???.. OMG !!!
                    Last edited by hitite; 02-06-2009, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro Xaramillo View Post
                      Safranbolu was added to the list of UNESCO World Heritage sites in 1994 due to its well-preserved Ottoman era houses and architecture.
                      There is nothing is Safranbolu for Turkey or Turks to be proud of. Actually, an examination of that Disneyland-like place would go a long way in revealing the things that are wrong with Turkey - such as its capacity for self-delusion, and its superficial copying of western ideas without the required understanding of them or even a desire to get that understanding.
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X