Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What should Turkey be proud of?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What should Turkey be proud of?

"Bro" count: 6
    And your interesting point is???

I agree with what you say Seruven but trust me, for a small city like Yerevan, you'd be surprised by what you could find. Our only problem is that some Armenian's don't get along with each other so our country lacks the little support from it's own people which, if we get (and we are, slowly) can bring Armenia back on her feet very quickly. Regardless, even after a war, Armenia still rose out of the ashes AGAIN, she's keeping it cool, and she always will.
    Last edited by Sako; 01-17-2009, 06:02 AM.
    THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Saco View Post
      And your interesting point is???
      Bro!

Comment

Bro!
        The fact that I used the word bro? And I thought Sherlock Holmes was the detective, lol.

Comment

Actually on the Armenian Genocide documentaries I have seen they have commented on the fact that the same people denying the Armenian Genocide are also the ones against democracy in Turkey since the main group denying the Genocide are Turkish Islamic Nationalists.
          Hehe. This includes all turks. MHP, AKP and CHP. All of them are Turkish islamic nationalists..

Maybe you don’t know enough about it? Did you know that one of the Wonders of the world is in Turkey? That’s something that could make you smile a bit. Most think that Armenians want to diminish the face of Turkey but that’s completely out of focus. What I personally want is for Turks to be living in their country, starting to bring everything together, and facing the past. Once they do, we’ll all be able to move on. I respect Turkey, just not the people that ruin it. The AG issue makes Turkey look like a turkey. I don’t want to diminish Turkey; I want us to help ourselves and each other to get out of this crap hole.
          I do not say, Turkey have nothing to proud. I just say, I am not proud because I am Turk. I may become armenian or greek, If My family was greek or armenian so why should I be proud?

Perhaps, but the Diaspora did a lot and is still doing a lot. You have to be blind to say that’s not true.
          yeah. They are doing a lot. So what did they gain until now? They are like bees who dont produce honey.

Could you give some clear examples, not that I don’t believe you or anything?
          When Turkey is sending soldiers to Lebanon, armenians protested against Turkey. Also armenians supported PKK. In reality, Both had no relation with genocide.

Then you must simply love to see the AG recognized because both sides will gain. Turkey will lose something (not land) but all the losses it will have won’t/can’t stand next to all it will gain
          I do not think, both side will gain. I do not think main problem between ROA and Turkey is genocide. It is karabag and border dispute between Turkey and ROA. (And maybe Turkey dislike pro-russian armenian.)

By the way, what do you think Turkey will gain? Infact, Turkey is gaining much to resist against AG. Armenians are wasting their limited resources over AG and a poor armenia is better for Turkey.

Provide me with another way then. Your gov. doesn’t leave us with any other choices. What are you proposing? That we sit around and watch?
          Yep. You have no means to harm Turkish nationalism. You just make it more powerful..

Comment

I do not say, Turkey have nothing to proud. I just say, I am not proud because I am Turk. I may become armenian or greek, If My family was greek or armenian so why should I be proud?
            I don't know, maybe because you are from that country in this lifetime? Why shouldn't you be proud? For example, that's like saying, why should I be proud of my football team (or whatever other sport you like). If they win a championship, won't you feel proud? If your brother/sister does something great, won't you feel proud?

yeah. They are doing a lot. So what did they gain until now?
            They made the world look at this issue. Your country tried and still tries to make it look away. She needs to find another hobby. The Diaspora, Palavra, has gotten a lot done but I guess in your book, success is getting the AG issue cleared and failure is not being able to.

When Turkey is sending soldiers to Lebanon, armenians protested against Turkey. Also armenians supported PKK. In reality, Both had no relation with genocide.
            Well, let's see what your proud country did. When an earthquake took place in Turkey (I think), the Armenians wanted to help, why didn't Turkey allow us to do so? In reality, it had nothing to do with the Genocide.

My point is Palavra that this ALL because of the Armenian Genocide. When you lose everything, the people you love, the people you cared about, etc. GOD FORBID, then you'll understand why all this is because of the AG.

I do not think, both side will gain. I do not think main problem between ROA and Turkey is genocide. It is karabag and border dispute between Turkey and ROA. (And maybe Turkey dislike pro-russian armenian.)
            That has very little to do with anything. Yes, that issue is clear in our minds but the AG is at the core of everything. EVERYTHING. Azerbaijan is Turkey's brother you can say and we didn't give them what they wanted. For that reason, they're pissed. They don't realise which nation they're messing with unfortunately. In the end though, that is just a reason to not accept the AG, nothing more. It was the Azeri's that entered Armenia and began the war, not the other way around, and they got what they asked for. I feel sad for them though of course, both sides lost a lot of brave soldiers. This issue is a seperate issue though.

By the way, what do you think Turkey will gain? Infact, Turkey is gaining much to resist against AG. Armenians are wasting their limited resources over AG and a poor armenia is better for Turkey.
            Your country wastes great resources EVERYDAY trying to hide the fact that the AG happened, who are you trying to kid? We lost our entire culture, we lost everything Palavra, doesn't that blow a few horns in your head? Why do you think we continue to fight, to not give up? And Armenia isn't as poor as you like to think. Yes, it's not a Turkey that stole all our resources but it's still standing straight. That's what pisses your country off. That's not our problem. We may not have the AG recognized yet but without effort it never will be. You lower the importance of the AG. Kharabagh was a war, 1915 was Genocide.

Yep. You have no means to harm Turkish nationalism. You just make it more powerful..
            Yep, that's just what we want. We want Turks in general to get an overdose of nationalism, get SO MUCH of it so that they'll get completely pissed and understand what their gov. has been doing to them. Instead of trying to make everyone's efforts look futile, try to understand them and what their doing.

Time's are changing and so are the people and the way they think. Nothing lasts forever and neither will the old pathetic mentality of your gov. The clocks ticking.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
              Why is it that the majority of Anatolia still resembles a third world country? Hasn't the "Modern Republic of Turkey" been in existence for 86 years now? Germany was almost completely destroyed after WWII, and it rose from the ashes in 30 years to be one of the most modern countries in the world. It even had to absorb East Germany just 15 years ago. Israel was a wasteland until the xxxs took it over in 1948, and now look at it, even despite the fact that it is surrounded entirely by enemies. I mean, Armenia has been independent for less than 20 years and is there any difference between the rural parts of Armenia and most of Anatolia, and is Yerevan that far behind the main cities of Turkey? What is it that is holding Turkey back for so many years?
              The rural parts of Turkey are far wealthier and far more economically and infrastructurally developed than the equivalent parts of Armenia. This development has mostly all occured in the past 30 years. Things such as roads, services, transportation links, shops, agricultural irrigation, livestock, etc. are decades ahead of Armenia.

Yerevan is recognisably a European city, it has everything one would expect of such a city (with the exception of democracy). Istanbul and Ankara and Turkey's other cities are not - and have mostly stopped even pretending to be. They are middle-eastern cities with a hint of Asian megacities. The only thing holding back Turkey (in the sense of Turks getting what they want out of life) is its severe overpopulation thanks to Islam and nationalism. Whether what Turks want out of life is what they should be wanting out of life is another matter (and is connected to why Yereven, for all its problems, is European and why Istanbul, for all its size and wealth, is not).
              Last edited by bell-the-cat; 01-17-2009, 10:16 AM.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

This development has mostly all occured in the past 30 years. Things such as roads, services, transportation links, shops, agricultural irrigation, livestock, etc. are decades ahead of Armenia.
                This is mostly because of the Kharabagh war. We lost a lot and remember, Armenia is a free country for only about 18 years.

Comment

True on that bro, also remember that most Soviet countries suffered severe poverty after the dissolution of the CCCP. Also Hayastan is under blockade from Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georiga, so supplies are not there often, if the country was not so ruthlessly oppressed, I expecet Hayastan would be lightyears better than it is now

Comment

You spoke my mind. The interesting part is that even after all that's happened, we're still standing straight. A nation rose from the ashes again. I'm proud of my country and I respect all other nations as well. Who I loathe is the people that make them look bad. THEY are the ones I hate ... the ones we should be fighting against.

Comment

Dude, I dunno how you can claim that the Genocide for Armenians is a cultural identity, Armenians have had a huge cultural identity for many years looooong before the Genocide (see Urartians, Nairi, Hurrians, Hittite, Bagratunis, First Christian Nation, Mashtots Mesrop, etc.), Armenians are naturally hurt by what happened and want recognition, if millions of your people died, you would nto want to be called a liar, because some fascist state does not agree with you.

The most victories against crusaders was by Saladin (A Kurd) not a Turk, in addition many of those mosques were former Greek, Armenian and Assyrian churches converted to mosques, also alot of the the Ottoman architechts were Armenian and Greek (Sinan for instance).

I'm not saying Turks have nothing great, quite the reverse, there is a rich amount of literature, music, historical areas, etc. But don't downplay the Armenian role, Armenians contributed alot to Ottoman civilization, take for instance cymbals, the cymbals used by the Ottomans Army to frighten their enemy was made by an Armenian (Avedis Zildjian) in 1623, who was indeed the first great cymbal maker (also the founder of the Zildjian cymbal company)

No one here hates Turks as a people on the AG forum to my knowledge, this is simply an area to post about what happened to Armenians in 1915 as that is what is morally right to do, there was a Genocide, accept it because it can be proven everytime and Turkey still doesn't have anything remotely logical to add in reply (such as the so called Hocali/Khojalu Genocide)

Comment

Working...
                      X