Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What should Turkey be proud of?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What should Turkey be proud of?

Originally posted by Saco View Post
    ...Then this thread and our site is not for you. This is one of the reasons you should be banned right here, right now. My friend, you talk like a true racist, I don't care what color you are.

I ask the admins right now. Why is that Turks get banned for not accepting the AG but people who diminish Turkey in many ways, sometimes very, very badly, don't get banned?

I'm sorry Hellektor, but your words will not be tolerated, at least I can't live with them under the same roof.
    Well said Saco.

Now I am waiting for Pedro Xaramillo to back you up - or will his protests continue to be confined to sending secret little PMs.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Yes ı m proud , look tis site http://www.hranticinadaleticin.com/

there are hrant dink ! and do not forget , we are hrant dink !
      and we waiting on agos ( hrants newsspaper) and we are waiting for JUSTİCE!!!

Comment

Haha, you are a very strange cat Bell! I support Turkey for a moment there and you feel like your up in the clouds but when anyone talks badly about Armenia, you're in the corner drinking milk. When it's in your favor, I'm not a racist, when it's not, I'm a demon spawn from hell, lol. Don't worry, Pedro will be here. He isn't the racist you like to portray him as. And remember, you will answer for every wrong phrase you said, every wrong phrase .
        THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Nice meeting you again psikokemal. .

Comment

The most important contribution of Turkey to the world is: “it is a bridge between the west and middle east” at the same time, between Islam and Christianity. And it is a single model for a secular state in islamic world, at least for now. This role of Turkey can be appreciated or never be appreciated by one of the sides or both sides. Or this can be appreciated negatively for some reason. Being a secular state in islamic world is a very good speciality for Turkey. US really apprreciates this very well and wants to apply on Islamic Arab countries, but I don't think it will be possible for a long time.

And I am sorry that creature (Hellektor) is still here after many years. What a waste!
            Last edited by Eti; 02-07-2009, 10:14 AM.

Comment

The most important contribution of Turkey to the world is: “it is a bridge between the west and middle east” at the same time, between Islam and Christianity. And it is a single model for a secular state in islamic world, at least for now. This role of Turkey can be appreciated or never be appreciated by one of the sides or both sides. Or this can be appreciated negatively for some reason. Being a secular state in islamic world is a very good speciality for Turkey. US really apprreciates this very well and wants to apply on Islamic Arab countries, but I don't think it will be possible for a long time.
              Interesting reply Eti. Unfortunately I don't know much about Turkey as a secular state or even as a country from a political angle. I'm still getting used to that. Thanks for your views though, feels good getting a normal reply !

And I am sorry that creature (Hellektor) is still here after many years. What a waste!
              *Sigh* don't know what to say Eti. Sad to know there are people like Hellektor out there and it's sadder that he's Armenian. He doesn't realise how much he is degrading his own country by spitting out all he just said. On behalf of him, I apologize everyone, truly, sincerely, and even shamefully for what he said. He probably never will. Please don't judge Armenia by basing your opinions on people like him .

Comment

Hellektor, your post was deleted because it was nothing but an insult-filled hateful banter full of nonsense and appeals to emotion. Either contribute to the thread, follow the rules, and stop spewing insulting nonsense, or find another forum. One more equals a ban.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Eti View Post

A secular state is one where there is a clear separation of organised religion from the state aparatus. Turkey isn't a secular state by that definition. Kemalist Turkey nationalised Islam, and its imams are all public employees, trained in state-run religious schools, and everything is paid for by Turkish taxpayers regardless of their religious beliefs. Syria is actually more like a secular state than Turkey. Turkey isn't alone in that though - even in Europe for example. In Norway the state pays for the wages of the clergy of the Church of Norway and it enjoys a very close relationship with the government of Norway (BTW, Norway and especially the Church of Norway is also very pro-Azerbaijan, including financing the "Azerification" of Armenian sites in Azerbaijan and supporting racist organisations in Azerbaijan).
                  Last edited by bell-the-cat; 02-07-2009, 12:10 PM.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Thank you Anonymouse. And good job Bell, you finally took the time to say something without hissing and pissing everyone else off . Let's give him a round of applause everyone...

Comment

• Re: What should Turkey be proud of?

Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                      A secular state is one where there is a clear separation of organised religion from the state aparatus. Turkey isn't a secular state by that definition. Kemalist Turkey nationalised Islam, and its imams are all public employees, trained in state-run religious schools, and everything is paid for by Turkish taxpayers regardless of their religious beliefs. Syria is actually more like a secular state than Turkey. Turkey isn't alone in that though - even in Europe for example. In Norway the state pays for the wages of the clergy of the Church of Norway and it enjoys a very close relationship with the government of Norway (BTW, Norway and especially the Church of Norway is also very pro-Azerbaijan, including financing the "Azerification" of Armenian sites in Azerbaijan and supporting racist organisations in Azerbaijan).
                      Since 1923, Turkey Republic completely rejected Islam at least in the institutional domains and state owned companies. Turkey has no religion in the constitution, that is, no religion has been specified for Turkish citizens. I have no idea about Syria’s constitution, but Turkey did this in 1920s. And Turkey still rejects the relioginal things get involved in the state-owned companies and most institutional domains etc. That means State of Turkey has no religion officially.

I don’t think that Syria has taken more steps than Turkey in those years, because Turkey was getting closer to Europe than middle east since the first time’s of Ottoman Empire and especially in the time of Sultan Selim 3 and Mahmud 2 and then Tanzimat Fermanı (declaration of reforms) in 1839. It is impossible for Syria to go beyond of Turkey about such things. The only thing we can talk about is the effect of Turkey on Syria.

Learning about History of Turkey between 1923-1980 can give a lot of ideas about Turkey’s secular system.

Most of you are usually apt to make light of Turkey and her position in the world but that is not realistic as well as exaggereting her position of course.

Comment

Working...
                      X