Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Turkey will be split apart as Iraq is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hrai
    replied
    Re: Turkey will be split apart as Iraq is.

Originally posted by hitite View Post
    Being landlocked is killing you man; you need to reach the sea and cool off otherwise Turkey will always be hell for you. However I just cant see you doing this in the next few decades and maybe centuries. You will get a cold shower when the borders open though, a breath of fresh air maybe. Which brings me to your question Gegev. I support the opening of the borders and believe it will be mutually beneficial for both countries. I thouroughly believe the main negotiations are over. I dont know if part of the bargain is the moving of Armenian troops from Artsakh but I seriously doubt this will happen. I feel like the deal might be that "some" troops retreat and some Azeri refugees move back to their homes and that the lachin koridor will be in control of an international force. I am very curious to see how all this is going to turn out.
    You must be on crack or something regards Artsakh.
    If the borders open, the air blowing in from turcey would be pretty fetid for some years before it freshens.

Leave a comment:

• hitite
    replied

Originally posted by hrai View Post
    An Armenian Wonderland is preferable to the turkish Hell.
    Being landlocked is killing you man; you need to reach the sea and cool off otherwise Turkey will always be hell for you. However I just cant see you doing this in the next few decades and maybe centuries. You will get a cold shower when the borders open though, a breath of fresh air maybe. Which brings me to your question Gegev. I support the opening of the borders and believe it will be mutually beneficial for both countries. I thouroughly believe the main negotiations are over. I dont know if part of the bargain is the moving of Armenian troops from Artsakh but I seriously doubt this will happen. I feel like the deal might be that "some" troops retreat and some Azeri refugees move back to their homes and that the lachin koridor will be in control of an international force. I am very curious to see how all this is going to turn out.
    Last edited by hitite; 04-23-2009, 02:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gegev
    replied

Welcome to Armenian Wonderland.....
    Thanks Hitite!

And what about Erdogan Statement below?

Today on the eve of the Armenian Genocide commemoration day Turkish Prime Minister, Erdogan, announced that all the major points of the agreement, on opening borders between Turkey and Armenia, are agreed upon. And continued that the Artsakh issue should be solved by taking out Armenian troops.

You all are witnesses, that Armenian president and Foreign Minister publicly announced several times that Artsakh never ever will be a part of the newly fabricated, on the world map, Azerbidjan (thus Turkey managed to lie even in the area of Geography with assistance of its communist friend; Lenin).

We cannot give Armenians of Artsakh to Turks to carry out another Genocide on them; they are able to “conquer” unarmed population as opposed the armed ones.

What does this mean?

Turkish diplomacy for centuries have been based on the absolute lie, remember their behavior during the Genocide and now.

The countries that had mutual interests with Turkey, like Germany during the Genocide period, imitated that they believe their words, as an excuse, to continue supporting them and serve their own interests.

Now Erdogan is trying to give an excuse to USA for not accepting the AG bill.

But “alas” this time the Turk is bitterly mistaken.

Now it is not in the USA interests to believe the lie. At most after one year, when American troops are out of Iraq. America will have another more obedient ally in the Middle East; Kurds.

And now Turkey badly needs to seek for another superpower to sly with. After establishment of the Kurdish Republic Turkey will be submerged in civil war with Kurds inside the country and it will cry for the help from all Superpowers.

Shame on the blatant lie “buyers”!
    Last edited by gegev; 04-22-2009, 11:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hrai
    replied

An Armenian Wonderland is preferable to the turkish Hell.

Leave a comment:

• hitite
    replied

Originally posted by gegev View Post
    After establishment of the Kurdish Republic Turkey will be submerged in civil war with Kurd inside the country and it will cry for the help from all Superpowers.

Leave a comment:

• gegev
    replied

Today on the eve of the Armenian Genocide commemoration day Turkish Prime Minister, Erdogan, announced that all the major points of the agreement, on opening borders between Turkey and Armenia, are agreed upon. And continued that the Artsakh issue should be solved by taking out Armenian troops.

You all are witnesses, that Armenian president and Foreign Minister publicly announced several times that Artsakh never ever will be a part of the newly fabricated, in the world map, Azerbidjan (thus Turkey managed to lie even in the area of Geography with assistance of its communist friend; Lenin).

We cannot give Armenians of Artsakh to Turks to carry out another Genocide on them; they are able to “conquer” unarmed population as opposed the armed ones.

What does this mean?

Turkish diplomacy for centuries have been based on the absolute lie, remember their behavior during the Genocide and now.

The countries that had mutual interests with Turkey, like Germany during the Genocide period, imitated that they believe their words, as an excuse, to continue supporting them and serve their own interests.

Now Erdogan is trying to give an excuse to USA for not accepting the AG bill.

But “alas” this time the Turk is bitterly mistaken.

Now it is not in the USA interests to believe the lie. At most after one year, when American troops are out of Iraq. America will have another more obedient ally in the Middle East; Kurds.

And now Turkey badly needs to seek for another superpower to sly with. After establishment of the Kurdish Republic Turkey will be submerged in civil war with Kurd inside the country and it will cry for the help from all Superpowers.

Last edited by gegev; 04-22-2009, 10:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hrai
    replied

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
    1. Obama is moving the troops out of Iraq maybe. But in fact if you read anything outside the media aka military sources
    Which military sources do you have access to ?

BTW when you use aka do you mean e.g. ?

Leave a comment:

• hrai
    replied

Originally posted by hipeter924 View Post
    2. Iraq will divide up eventually...Kurds will likely get independence (and be supported by enemies of Israel). But US will never give up control of anything to the Kurds as that would hurt US relations with Turkey and Israel severly...no US president would risk that even Obama.
    Can you square this circle?
    Kurds independent but USA keeping control of everything?

Leave a comment:

• hipeter924
    replied

Originally posted by gegev View Post
    Do you agree that?;

1. Obama will withdraw the US troops out of Iraq, because it costs milliards of dollars to America and in current situation US cannot afford it. Cutting down military expenses would enable America to fight the economic crisis a little bit effectively.

2. After the US troops are back home. Who will insure that US interests in Iraq (oil reserves, etc.) are handled in the way America wants; the pro Iranian Shias, Sunis or the Federative Republic of Iraq?

The only answer is; the Kurdish Republic of Iraq! Because united (Federative) Iraq is impossible to maintain after US troop’s withdrawal.

3. After making the Kurdish Republic of Iraq America’s successor in Iraq, which is inevitable, Turkey will consider US as its #1 enemy.

Note please that in past, when Turks refused Americans suggestion to use their military bases against Iraq; means that the AG recognition by USA was not that a big threat for Turkey.

4. But now US has stronger means to keep Turks in obedience. After passing the AG bill in Congress Obama may terrify Turks telling that, after the AG bill is passed, there are all legal and justifiable arguments in place to start, together with EU and other countries, AG compensation procedure under UN auspices.

Under that threat Turkey will agree with everything USA and EU suggest, to keep the lands of the perished under its control, a little bit longer.

What happened to France-Turkish relations after passing the Armenian Genocide bill … nothing! Now Turks are handling their politics with France more cautiously and politely, than ever before.

The same thing will happen to US-Turkey relations, after a week of bitter cries and barking, Turks will express their readiness to do everything the bosses require, providing that the AG compensation process is frozen for a while.

Regards,

Gegev
    1. Obama is moving the troops out of Iraq maybe. But in fact if you read anything outside the media aka military sources they have no clear withdrawl...back to bases sure...but they won't leave until Iraq is secure enough for the Iraqi government to take over. Any troops that leave Iraq are being diverted to Afghanistan.

2. Iraq will divide up eventually...Kurds will likely get independence (and be supported by enemies of Israel). But US will never give up control of anything to the Kurds as that would hurt US relations with Turkey and Israel severly...no US president would risk that even Obama.

3. US and Turkey will never be enemies because of the NATO alliance, and also due to the fact that Turkey and Russia hate each other (historically anyway) and I doubt anyone on the Turkish side would consider leaving the US sphere of protection (no matter what the US does).

4. I doubt Obama will personally support the bill through, he will announce it yes. Maybe give a speech but in the end Obama is not the US congress and they might just end up abstaining, and some voting yes and no. Politicians can be bribed and manipulated by both Turks and Israeli's as it has been done before. The bill might almost pass I agree...but I put the odds of it passing at 55%.

Also the Turkish government in its present form will never make concessions or compensation to Kurds let alone Armenians.

Until the Turkish government becomes more democratic or allows full freedom of expression and freeedom of speech to all its minorities there will never really be any acceptance in Turkey that the Armenian Genocide happened. This is simply because most people will be too afraid to question their own government, society and way of life if there are severe consequences in doing so such as the punishment of imprisonment which is given out by 501 (insulting turkishness).

Leave a comment:

• bell-the-cat
    replied

Originally posted by ferdi2
    Your theory is rubbish.

In my opinion you’re just another deluded Armenian creating false hope and illusion.
    Or, if my agent provocateur theory is corrrect, he is actually a Turk trying to get easily-deluded Armenians to make fools of themselves (as well as alienating any sympathetic Turkish visitors to this site).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X