Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Genocide??..

Originally posted by alpixoid
    Our teacher told us that you were equal and he told us that you werent in the wars because we didnt want you to get hurt..Well i stand corrected.And like Germans apologized from xxxs xxxs can apologize for the death of jesus but that was just an example dont push it that hard.
    And like i said again be angry to our government not us infact we want them to apologize to you but they just dont...
    If we get angry with the people and don't reserve it for the government it is because they do exactly what you did; come here and start repeating things as if they are facts. You never asked for information or to understand what happened. You came here and pretended to be Armenian, said we're haters, and restated lies perpetuated by your government like a parrot incapable of independent thought and research.
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by alpixoid View Post
      Because there was no Armenia back then..
      What's that supposed to mean?

So your going to blame Armenia for Armenian soldiers in the Russian army?

That is just stupid.

It's like me blaming Turkey for the holocaust because there was Turkish soldiers in the German army.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
        If some countries' (e.g. US) governments do not officially recognize what happened as "Genocide" does not make it untrue. Those decisions are motivated by politics.
        Correct, this is called realpolitik.

Another thing, just because a country does not recognise the AG as genocide does not mean it automatically denies it. I'm sure a country like Botswana does not deny the AG happened
        Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
          Correct, this is called realpolitik.

Another thing, just because a country does not recognise the AG as genocide does not mean it automatically denies it. I'm sure a country like Botswana does not deny the AG happened
          Of course; I forgot to point that out. Thank you.
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
          -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Pazooki View Post
            We didn't attack anyone. If Armenians did attack you it was only the ones in the Russian army or ones in the other armies.Armenia itself did not attack you.
            You see, even if there were Armenians in the Russian Empire's army, why wouldn't there have been? Russian Armenia was a subject of the Russian Empire like Ottoman Armenia was a subject of the Ottoman Empire and both empires conscripted soldiers. The Battle of Sarikamish, initiated by the Ottoman Empire, took place with an Ottoman attack on the Russian Empire's Caucasus portion. Guess which country is located there... On the contrary, Armenians had all the right to be in the Russian army at the time and were merely defending their lands. Of course none of this even creates a feeble excuse for committing a genocide.
            Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
              You see, even if there were Armenians in the Russian Empire's army, why wouldn't there have been? Russian Armenia was a subject of the Russian Empire like Ottoman Armenia was a subject of the Ottoman Empire and both empires conscripted soldiers. The Battle of Sarikamish, initiated by the Ottoman Empire, took place with an Ottoman attack on the Russian Empire's Caucasus portion. Guess which country is located there... On the contrary, Armenians had all the right to be in the Russian army at the time and were merely defending their lands. Of course none of this even creates a feeble excuse for committing a genocide.
              It should also be mentioned that Turkey broke the treaty and invaded the fledgling Armenian state after WWI.
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by alpixoid View Post
                our government said that there were no genocide for so long and if they say that it really happened they will lose their respect...
                They can’t loose something they don’t have……but in Turkish politics and the negetive effects on them I agree with this (but it is leverage, not honor that can be lost).

You know alpixoid, I personally could care less if Turkey or the Turkish people recognize the AG other than a political advantage for the Armenians……..but hey, that is just me.
                Don’t worry about it, you sound very young. Read what was suggested to you by others if you wanna learn but be careful what you say in school, you might get in trouble.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Pazooki View Post
                  You can give me all the "false proof" you want and say it never happened or you don't know but I am 100% sure it did happened. How do I know? My great grandmother, who is still alive today at 98, was in the Genocide. The stories she told me were not something to forget. She lost her baby sister because of your people.
                  WOW!!! if your great grandmother is still alive and survivor of the Genocide, then I suggest you contact ANCA and have your grandmother to be present when next time they pass that Genocide Resolution in front of the US Congress. They do look for survivors as 94 years has passed and not many are still alive Pazooki.
                  Last edited by Anoush; 08-18-2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Re: Genocide

alpixoid, same as Eddo said, your country morally looks very bad in-front of the whole world because when denying the Armenian Genocide committed by turkey and turkey alone, they are continuing the Genocide, as the last phase of the Genocide is denial.

Also, your country is always looking to get into the European Union. And why do you think the European Union doesn't want turkey to get in it? Because turkey had a very belligerent past and the Europeans are always fledgling the red flag in-front of turkey's eyes. Meaning, the Armenian Genocide is the most important factor that Europe doesn't want turkey to be part of their union, and naturally Europeans knowing the real facts, they are letting turkey know that they should do reparations to Armenia and Armenians. That's the reason why Erdogun went to Armenia to play AS IF political reconciliation with Armenia and the football diplomacy to show to the Europeans that they are trying. But turkey failed again as they pushed their agendas time and time again to pass the illegal Kars Treaty, overlooking the legalized Sevres Treaty and the Wilson Arbitration.

Turkey along with "azerbaijan" are also pushing for Nagorno-Karapagh Artsakh lands that Stalin simply gave it away to the "azeris" to please attaturk and we only fought back to the "azeri" genocidal pogroms from 1988-1992 and we won the war, still Erdogan and the "azeris" are pushing and pushing to take over those lands or most of these lands to simply steal and own them, even though we won the war. What turkey and "azerbaijan" really want is to take over all of Armenia and Nagorno-Karapagh. To either kill all the Armenians or send them away so that turkey and "azerbaijan" can realize their idiotic wet dreams of pan-turism.

Armenia MUST NOT accept any friendship from turkey when a HUGE GENOCIDE issue is hanging over turkey as they continue to deny it. Turkey MUST accept the Genocide and MUST adhere to the Wilson Arbitration. Meaning to give our lands back to the owners - that is to us Armenians, the real landlords of the land - !!!!!
                    Last edited by Anoush; 08-18-2009, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                      WOW!!! if your great grandmother is still alive and survivor of the Genocide, then I suggest you contact ANCA and have your grandmother to be present when next time they pass that Genocide Resolution in front of the US Congress. They do look for survivors as 94 years has passed and not many are still alive Pazooki.
                      My great grandmother, who is still alive today at 98, was in the Genocide. The stories she told me were not something to forget.
                      WOW indeed Pazooki, incredible memory for a 4 year old child.

Comment

Working...
                      X