Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Genocide??..

Originally posted by alpixoid View Post
    The problem is I cant find any independent sources, 20 countries accepted the genocide and rest didn't and I cant decide so fast because it is really hard to tell our grand-grand-granpas barbaric and still believe they are muslim or turkish but like I said before politicians denied the genocide and now if they apologize they'll look like idiots and like me %75 of turkish people doesnt know if it really happened or it didnt..
    Like I wrote before. The Germans are the best source. If you want, you can discount all others. They witnessed everything firsthand.
    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

And if you read my previous message I said our government should apologize if there was a genocide or not because we've got really hard on you and I hate Tayyip Erdoğan too he is an Islamic fashist I mean we are muslim but we are also secular.I for myself vote for MHP and Devlet Bahceli..
      Not to go off-topic too much but this strikes me as rather strange. You hate Erdogan because you accuse him of being a fascist yet you say you vote for the MHP which is a fascist organisation
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

What i really meant by brainwashed is that whole the world recognize the genocide so by u whole world is brainwashed.
        "were taking good care" what is that mean?
        Turkey is the first country that punished and recognized the genocide,u comlitly egnore the fact of the past attempts?
        In reality turkey scared of losing another part of here and had pressures by the relocated Turks from Balkans.
        Armenia never attacked turkey,Armenian first republic were in 1918 after the genocide.
        Greece Bulgaria Serbia all of them had help by foreign countries.Russia then had its own agenda the fact that in its army were partisipating Armenians this do not justifies u nor the genocide.
        Me as you say in that time had no face to be represented.
        The fact that armenians will fight is cause the anatolia is part of historic armenia which turks even after the events got them by stealing it and making agreements with russians.
        U would keep the land and ours,so today we would be happy. Treaty of Sčvres.
        But no this time ur new leader Ataturk thinks that the Treaty of Sčvres don't suite him so he starts a new war and this time its called Turkish-Armenian War.
        U oppressed a nation that wanted its freedom u denied its rights,start a war stole land genocide the people,after that camed Mr.Ataturk with his qoute,"Now Turkey will belonge only to the Turks"Watching the burning of armenian quarter in Smyrna.
        He were aware of the genocide and what it meant to its own people.

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
          Not to go off-topic too much but this strikes me as rather strange. You hate Erdogan because you accuse him of being a fascist yet you say you vote for the MHP which is a fascist organisation
          I was thinking the same thing.
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Pazooki View Post
            You can give me all the "false proof" you want and say it never happened or you don't know but I am 100% sure it did happened. How do I know? My great grandmother, who is still alive today at 98, was in the Genocide. The stories she told me were not something to forget. She lost her baby sister because of your people.
            Well now i thought about what you said and I kinda convinced about what you said and I asked my grandpa about it and he said that it was true but also he told me in WWI you attacked us with all the countries and a lot of consuls died because of you and I am not that mad about and I dont see why you are?Our prime-minister even came to visit you to soften things up and I think that shouldnt be pushed like I said before let history be history and we should be a confederacy instead of enemies from now on...

Comment

The problem is I cant find any independent sources, 20 countries accepted the genocide and rest didn't and I cant decide so fast because it is really hard to tell our grand-grand-granpas barbaric and still believe they are muslim or turkish but like I said before politicians denied the genocide and now if they apologize they'll look like idiots and like me %75 of turkish people doesnt know if it really happened or it didnt..
              If some countries' (e.g. US) governments do not officially recognize what happened as "Genocide" does not make it untrue. Those decisions are motivated by politics.
              [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
              -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Well now i thought about what you said and I kinda convinced about what you said and I asked my grandpa about it and he said that it was true but also he told me in WWI you attacked us with all the countries and a lot of consuls died because of you and I am not that mad about and I dont see why you are?Our prime-minister even came to visit you to soften things up and I think that shouldnt be pushed like I said before let history be history and we should be a confederacy instead of enemies from now on...
                We didn't attack anyone. If Armenians did attack you it was only the ones in the Russian army or ones in the other armies.Armenia itself did not attack you.

Comment

Re: Genocide

Alpixoid, every kind of neutral and reliable source you need is found on the Internet. Let me scratch the surface here and ask you what you think of Raphael Lemkin? In case you do not know who he is, he is the man who invented the word 'genocide'. What prompted him to invent the word were his studies on the Armenian Genocide!

I mean if that's not enough, the International Association of Genocide Scholars unanimously recognise the events as a genocide. Everything you need can be found here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_genocide
                  Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                    Well even if they are a little fascist they are really better than Erdoğan...And sorry to go off topic..

Comment

Originally posted by Pazooki View Post
                      We didn't attack anyone. If Armenians did attack you it was only the ones in the Russian army or ones in the other armies.Armenia itself did not attack you.
                      Because there was no Armenia back then..

Comment

Working...
                      X