Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

New program against the Armenians and Greeks in Istanbul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New pogrom against the Armenians and Greeks in Istanbul?

ISTANBUL RIOTS 1955

What happened on 6-7 September?

"Our father Atatürk's house has been bombed" was the headline of the Istanbul Express newspaper's second issue in 1955. Years later, retired general Sabri Yirmibeşoğlu refers to the pogrom of 6-7 September as an "excellent special warfare operation that reached its aim".

Tolga KORKUT [email protected]

Istanbul - BİA News Center 08 September 2009, Tuesday

Supporting the views of Democratic Party, Istanbul Express Newspaper was owned by Mithat Perin, editorial director of that time was Gökşin Sipahioğlu. "Our father Atatürk's house has been bombed" made the headline of the newspaper's second issue. On 6 September 1955 290,000 issues were printed, exceeding the usual newspaper circulation of 20,000 papers by far. Members of the Cyprus Turkish Association started to distribute the issue all over Istanbul to agitate the people.

Due to reports from eyewitnesses, the riot started from a place in Pangaltı, nowadays the location of Ramada Hotel owned by a Greek citizen. In 1955 this was the place of popular localities such as the 'Haylayf' pastry shop. The riot started with attacking Haylayf pastry shop at 7.00 pm. From here the attacks spread all over Istanbul and all over the country.

Years later journalist Fatih Güllapoğlu interviewed retired general Sabri Yirmibeşoğlu about the Istanbul Riots. Yirmibeşoğlu described the attacks by saying "It was an excellent special warfare operation and it reached its goal." In those days the Greek authorities announced that the bombings in Thessaloniki were a provocation organized by the Turkish state. Oktay Engin, scholarship student at the Thessaloniki Faculty of Law and agent of the National Intelligence Agency (MİT), and Hasan Uçar, tipstaff of the consulate in Thessaloniki, were arrested in regards with this event. After some time in detention Engin and Uçar were released because of the immunity of consular officials. Later on, Engin was appointed to important tasks in MİT, progressed quickly through the different administrative levels of the state and was promoted to the Governorship of Nevşehir in 1992.

According to the press, 11 people died in the riots, according to Greek sources 15 people lost their lives. Officially 30 people were injured, unofficial numbers amount to 300. The number of raped women is estimated to be above 200.

4,214 houses, 1,004 offices, 73 churches, one synagogue, one monastery, 26 schools and 5,317 other places such as hotels and bars were attacked.

The property damage is estimated between 150 million and 1 billion Turk Lira as an equivalent to the value of those days. The Democratic Party government paid about 60 million Turkish Lira in compensation.

Newspapers of the time blamed the Greeks as the actual criminals because they had allegedly provoked the Turks. Yet, as a matter of fact 59 percent of the destroyed offices belonged to Greeks, 17 percent belonged to Armenians and 12 percent to xxxish people. Even places of converts and Muslims from Belarus were among the properties under attack, which shows that the riot cannot be seen as retaliation against the Greeks in connection with Cyprus.

When the riot got out of control Prime Minister Adnan Menderes was called from Sapanca and martial law was declared. In regards with the riots first 3151 people were arrested. Later on this number raised to 5104 people arrested.

Churches and cemeteries were attacked as well: holy pictures, crucifixes, icons and other sacred objects were destroyed. All 73 orthodox churches in Istanbul were set on fire.

Looters from İzmit and Adapazarı were caught with the goods they had plundered in Haydarpaşa train station on their way back. It turned out that many of the looters had been brought form other cities. According to documents from retired judge Fahri Çoker's History Foundation, 145 looters were brought from Sivas, 117 from Trabzon, 116 from Kastamonu and 111 from Erzincan. (TK)

Link

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
      Christian houses in Istanbul marked

05.09.2009 18:55 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Christian houses in the Ferikoy und Kurtulus, areas in Istanbul, where many Armenians and Greeks live, were marked with red or green labels in the past weeks, Die Presse reported.

The labels appear to be in conjunction with complaints from Christians about increasing harassment, according to Sehabat Tuncel, a member of parliament asked in a parliamentary questioning.

Besir Atalay, minister of interior, is now forced to answer these allegations. “Who affixed these markings?” is only one of the questions cited by the press. The ministry must also make clear whether the police received orders to take action and investigate.

The marking on Christian buildings in Istanbul is a reminder of pogrom against Christian minorities in September 1955. Back then Christian buildings and shops had been marked by nationalist activists. The bloody riots with dozens of dead in Istanbul and Izmir were ostensibly triggered by the Cyprus conflict; however, the true reason was the search for scapegoats at a time of economic recession for Turkey.

Link
      I haven’t heard such a news recently, most probably it is not true.

These kind of news are always fabricated about Turkey especially in such countries like Greece, but it seems also in Armenia of course. Remember the news published in Greece when Erdoğan canceled his visit to your country. Even serious newspapers such as “To Vima” or “Ta Nea” made up some stories and they told some tales that as if Erdoğan came and turned back to Turkey after some tensions between Karamanlis and him.

It is understood that in some countries particularly where a lot of anti-turkist people live, it is such a usual thing making up stories about Turkey. While the real stories are ignored (for instance: “burned Turks by Neo Nazis in Germany) your media frequently tells lies about Turkey to make easy money. (I know that news about Turkey take a lot of attraction in Greece).

And probably you'll tell that our media don't want to tell such news, but believe me our media is more reliable. Any time, when I watch an European or US TV broadcasting a news about Turkey, they usually show our women with headscarf, as if they tell a news about Iran not Turkey.
      Last edited by Eti; 09-08-2009, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eti View Post

These kind of news are always fabricated about Turkey especially in such countries like Greece, but it seems also in Armenia of course. Remember the news published in Greece when Erdoğan canceled his visit to your country. Even serious newspapers such as “To Vima” or “Ta Nea” made up some stories and they told some tales that as if Erdoğan came and turned back to Turkey after some tensions between Karamanlis and him.

It is understood that in some countries particularly where a lot of anti-turkist people live, it is such a usual thing making up stories about Turkey. While the real stories are ignored (for instance: “burned Turks by Neo Nazis in Germany) your media frequently tells lies about Turkey to make easy money. (I know that news about Turkey take a lot of attraction in Greece).

And probably you'll tell that our media don't want to tell such news, but believe me our media is more reliable. Any time, when I watch an European or US TV broadcasting a news about Turkey, they usually show our women with headscarf, as if they tell a news about Iran not Turkey.

I guess Eti is right, despite what Armenian and Greek residents have said and how they were targeted, if Eti said it didn't happen, I guess it didn't.
        General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Welcome to our site Eti,i must tell you of how much uncorrect is your statement ,but my replay to you is not about that,u showed us your concerns of how the other countries view Turkey, which is good cause from that point we can find numerous problems coming from Turkey,in a way u can open your ayes and maybe we(Armenians+Greeks) can find a solution for better establishmend of our relations with Turkey.

Comment

Joseph and Urmistake (btw thanks for the welcome) I want to tell that:

Demographic transition of our country was completed in late 1950s. If our faschists are trying to keep the homogenization of our society, unfortunately it is too late for this. Today, this will not be tolerated in 2009.

I say again I am prone not trusting any foreign press at all. There are too much prejudices about my country in western world, because we are not known enough by them, because the upper class ignores the lower class.

Even if this is true (marking the doors of christians) it means nothing for me, because I know such movements in vain in today’s Istanbul as well.

My nationalist part makes me understand the feelings of our faschists. We suffered a lot because of the christian habitants of Anatolia. Even if you don’t agree with that The Rum (The Anatolian Greek, in fact Eastern Roman) and The Armenian brought physical and mental troubles to the Muslim habitants in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It is not secret, on the contrary very clear that both side (Rums and Armenians) wanted to found their own states in Anatolia and they began to collobrate with Western European countries and Russia vs Ottomans as they were making use of the weakness of the Empire.

So christians of Turkey have to understand that trauma made by their ancestors and should not complain about this small price. Perhaps they weren’t so happy under the rule of Ottomans I can easily throw out that Muslims didn’t cause such a traumatic experience for the christian habitant of Anatolia. (I tell this although I know you don’t agree).

Of course there is a serious reason for the deportation of christian population of Anatolia done between 1915 and 1930.
            Last edited by Eti; 09-08-2009, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Demographic transition of our country was completed in late 1950s. If our faschists are trying to keep the homogenization of our society, unfortunately it is too late for this. Today, this will not be tolerated in 2009.

I say again I am prone not trusting any foreign press at all. There are too much prejudices about my country in western world, because we are not known enough by them, because the upper class ignores the lower class.

Even if this is true (marking the doors of christians) it means nothing for me, because I know such movements in vain in today’s Istanbul as well.

My nationalist part makes me understand the feelings of our faschists. We suffered a lot because of the christian habitants of Anatolia. Even if you don’t accept that The Rum (The Anatolian Greek, in fact Eastern Roman) and The Armenian brought physical and mental troubles to the Muslim habitants in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It is not secret, on the contrary very clear that both side (Rums and Armenians) wanted to found their own states in Anatolia and they began to collobrate with Western European countries and Russia vs Ottomans as they were making use of the weakness of the Empire.

So christians of Turkey have to understand that trauma made by their ancestors and should not complain about this small price. Perhaps they weren’t so happy under the rule of Ottomans and except but Muslims didn’t cause such a traumatic experience for the christian habitant of Anatolia. (I tell this although I know you don’t agree).
              This is such a f_u_c_k_e_d up post I don`t know really where to start.As is your previous post too.But I will just ignore you.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
                This is such a f_u_c_k_e_d up post I don`t know really where to start.As is your previous post too.But I will just ignore you.
                I agree. Where to start on that one?!?!?!?
                General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

My nationalist part makes me understand the feelings of our faschists. We suffered a lot because of the christian habitants of Anatolia. Even if you don’t agree with that The Rum (The Anatolian Greek, in fact Eastern Roman) and The Armenian brought physical and mental troubles to the Muslim habitants in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It is not secret, on the contrary very clear that both side (Rums and Armenians) wanted to found their own states in Anatolia and they began to collobrate with Western European countries and Russia vs Ottomans as they were making use of the weakness of the Empire.

So christians of Turkey have to understand that trauma made by their ancestors and should not complain about this small price. Perhaps they weren’t so happy under the rule of Ottomans I can easily throw out that Muslims didn’t cause such a traumatic experience for the christian habitant of Anatolia. (I tell this although I know you don’t agree).

Of course there is a serious reason for the deportation of christian population of Anatolia done between 1915 and 1930.
                  Eti, your logic results in a cycle that produces nothing but pain for the nations. You can never know who was the first to do an action and who re-acted it. It is just like a kid fight with no actual one to blame, but unfortunately not as naive as fighting over a toy because the pain it brings is irreversible.

I am not a native speaker but at least for me, the word "reason" is more like a word that points out a natural cause that will inevitably result in the same events. If something is wrongly executed, the reason hardly matters. The things happened in past can show us why other events happened, but it should not be mentioned as "justifications" of wrongly done actions. The way to approach it, is to analyze whether another action was possible to solve problem at hand differently. Be sure, similar problems would occur again, then if you know how "not to solve" it, you are one step closer to a better way.

And while speaking about events that are associated with death tolls, one should be more selective about the words, and expressions. "Small price" is such an example.

Comment

OK , lets do it!
                    If Eti never heard of it that must be not true! Right?
                    Eti did you ever heard that first socialist party active in territory of turkey/Ottoman Empire was an Armenian party? But that is true, like a lot of other things you never heard of.

These kind of news are always fabricated about Turkey especially in such countries like Greece, but it seems also in Armenia of course.
                    Fabrication of news as fabrication of history or in fact any other fabrication is a turkish invention and turks have copyright for that. It is a fact of common knowledge, how come that you who know EVERYTHING never heard of that too?

Have ever passed your mind why they are so antiturkish?

Burned turks by nazis? LOL
                    Did they have mistaken them for gypsies or just used as fuel for burning xxxs ?

Tell me: how many time your "reliable" media did mention any thing "reliable" about Genocide of Armenians or in fact any other crime committed by turkish nation during the long criminal history of turkey?

Actually publishing any reliable information is a crime in turkey… there is a article 301 for that in Turkish criminal code
                    Last edited by Mukuch; 09-08-2009, 11:34 AM.

Comment

This what I call real funn!! Brainwashid turks !!!! Love them....

Comment

Working...
                      X