Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Let us all reason, for the well being of humanity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toki, there are only about 40,000 Armenians left in Turkey.... What happened to the rest of em? They disappeared?

What's happening in Turkey as we speak is called a "cultural genocide". You live there, so try to find out what happened to Arakelots monastery in Sassoon, Surb Bardughimeos church of Van, Khtskonq monastery of Kars, Arakelots church of Mush and many many more get back to us. Why are they wiping out traces of Armenian presence in Turkey?

Just two things to think about.

Comment

toki - you are so without a clue. First we needn't prove to the likes of you - whose mind is totally closed and made up - even lackign facts - that it was a genocide - it was. You are obvioulsy quite ignorant of the history. I ask - i fyou truly want peace, friendship and understanding etc - that you do some research first - and attempt to understand something about which you speak. Then come back here - apologize profusly to us for you ignorance and your insults (even if not intended your ignorant posts are highly insulting and hurtful to us - particualrly now - but anytime) - and then you ask forgivenss from us again for all that was done to our forefathers and our families....

Comment

ok everyone we have two choices.
        Argue w/ people like Toki all day.
        Or make Armenia a better country than Turkey's.

Confucius said, "There is good government when those who are near are happy, and those far away desire to come."

Comment

Reading this again - I can't help myself - issues must be addressed...

I request in the interest of fellowship and understanding that our friend toki answer these few questions that derive from his most inciteful posting....

Originally posted by toki
          I understand the concerns that you all carry... Honestly, I don't have too much time because I got daily things to take care of. I will be as brief as possible eventhough it is a very sensitive subject regarding Turkey and Armenia. It is in such magnitudes that will be bad for the reputation of Turkey and the future of Armenia.

Is this your overiding concern - the reputation of Turkey? Not that truth be made known and ackowleged and justice be served....Let me ask you - do you consider the Ottoman Empire and Turkey (of today) to be essentially one in the same? If the Ottoman Empire were so perfect and free of fault then why the need for a Turkish Republic? Has your nation always been truthful in all things? Has it always been perfect and without blame for its policies and actions?

First of all, some have read this topic maturely some have not. I, of course, can not tell you how to react to this situation. I am concerned however. It is a vicious cycle. You know very well that so-called genocide will not be accepted. In my OPINION, with regards to the historical evidence, it was not a genocide.
          Please give us some examples of the historical record that you so speak that you have based your "opinion" on....

Someone said that you wanted justice. I understand that you are upset for all of those sacrifices. Yet again, I am too. But we won't be able to go any where with "if"s. What if this didn't happen? What would have happened if...? and so forth. I regretfully say that a lot of people that shouldn't have died from both sides.
          Yes of course (who said that BTW - attribution....) - but lets see now - who shoulders the blame? Who dragged their nation into the war and who had the control of the state apparatus to single out and exterminate a specific element of the population? Whose barbaraty was witnessed by observers from many nations - even representatives of the allies of said nation and whose nation has been accused and convicted (by the UN and by its own military tribunals) of crimes against humanity - and of genocide? Whose nations actions were used as one of two prime examples of genocide for the drafting and scoping of the use/definition of the word genocide itself?

i remember reading from someone's answer that Turkey is not civilized, just trying to be. Also, that we are living in ignorance. If you are calling a nation that has so much history not civilized, think again. We are not living in ignorance, we are living for the well being of our geographic area, and we are adapting to the changing attributes of this world. If you keep thinking about the past you won't be able to think about the future.
          Please reference that amazingly insightful quote - "If you keep thinking about the past you won't be able to think about the future" - I always thought it was "he who forgets the past is condemned to repeat it" I will withold comment concerning the degree of civility and level of ignorance of you and your nation at this time...

Nothing, I or anybody says is going to change of course. After all, everybody hears what they want to hear. You might think that I am being ridicilous about not calling it genocide and I think vice-versa.
          Are you suggesting that for us to consider what happened to our people at the hands of the Turks to be genocide is "rediculous"? And that you are saying you will not change your thoughts as you will hear only what you want to hear? Well just who is being rediculous here eh? But perhaps true - will you admit to us here that there is nothing further that you can know - or care to know about this subject?

Now,the reason why Armenians in Istanbul and some other parts of the country are living is because they didn't sell their neighbours, they didn't sell the soil that they were living on. For those who don't know, I have met so many Armenian people, and we are living in peace. We are playing soccer in the same field, and drink water from the same bottle.
          "didn't sell their neighbors"? ? You really must elaborate on this one - give us some examples. And so you imply that all the other 1.5 million Armenians who were killed were all guilty of "selling their neighbors" - whatever that must mean?

Let's talk about justice a little. It is justice that you want. You think tht if Turkey compensates Armenia justice is going to be fulfilled. So it is not about the people that died, and how upset you are about them. It is only about getting some money out of this "deal". What are you going to do? Wait Turkey decide whether it was a genocide or not, so that the lost amount could be compensated and could be used in the well-being of Armenia. You are going to wait for a very long time then... I can assure you that that is not going to happen, not in this decade at least.
          Is that your final answer? Do you wish to call in for some support, perhaps poll the audience? Ok - then die for all we care....and who are you to judge us and what we feel, what we might want as "compensation".....? Yes - lets talk justice...

Everybody has been trying so hard. Armenian lobbies are created in the states, several movies have been filmed. We are still being as silent as possible so that the Armenians in Turkey aren't disturbed.
          nothing to do but laugh about this comment...again have you no clue as to how your government has been anything but silent....

Also, I have read some comments about me. We are not here to make comments about individuals right. I have took my time to register to this thing and to converse, let's not involve stereotypes...

Best wishes,
          CAN
          hm - seems to me as if you have come here with all the answers - you Armenians this and you Armenians that - etc - you really must be some expert. We are looking foreward to you presenting your academic credentials....perhaps Professor of Comedic relief - the University of Xenophobia and Eugenics - Istanbul not Constantinople eh?

Comment

Good job Winoman, you surprised me. I think you're a cool guy now.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai-Samurai
              Good job Winoman, you surprised me. I think you're a cool guy now.
              hm - and you didn't before?

Comment

It's funny how so many modern Turks know only so little about the father of their nation, Atatürk..

No more needs to be said.

As for you Turki, when you decide to grow up, we will welcome you, just like we welcome the likes of Akcam and Pamuk (who of course in your eyes are Kurdish or Armenian separatist, terrorist traitors). Until then, thank you and goodbye.

Comment

Actually I have it on good authority that Akcam is in fact Azeri and I think Pamuk is prettymuch Turkish - but yeah - Nairi - I think you get the picture with this guy....

Comment

toki, you're taking the Tayyip Erdogan approach and denying the genocide in the most polite and "politically correct" way possible. That's fine, but you're still denying it. You both need to realize that when one million (and more) people of an ethnic group are designedly and intentionally slaughtered it constitutes a genocide. What you're saying is that "Turkey killed and planned to kill millions of Armenians but it was not a genocide." Were the Turks frightened that three-year-old Armenian children and their mothers were going to go join the Russians? Please enlighten me.

Comment

Allright, I give up. I wanted to talk, I have been attacked that is fine. I don't give a crap honestly. Try getting the so-called genocide approved. Let's just hope that true justice is served...

For your information my grandmother was Armenian and my grandfather was Assyrian...

Peace

Comment

Working...
                      X