Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Please Sign This Petition: Özür diliyoruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phantom View Post
    Ardakilic. You are not guests. This is your place as much as anyone else. Either that or we are all guests here.

No matter what, I am just happy to see so many Turkish and Armenian members now who are talking to each other in a mature and positive way. It seems like we even agree on many things. But even if we don't always agree on everything, it's wonderful if we can continue our conversations even when we disagree on something. You can't agree with everyone all the time after all.

I've been posting here for over 3 years, and this is the most hopeful I have ever been about the future of this forum, and the future of Turkish Armenian relations.

There seems to be so much more intellectual curiosity among the Turkish people about the Armenians then ever before. My hope is that this curiosity will grow among the Turkish people, because then they will learn more about us, which means they will eventually learn the truth about us.
    Thanks a lot for the hospitality. I cannot speak on behalf of all Turks in the forum but personally i know my place.

I realize in recent times, whoever i am and whatever i try to do, there is hard borders that i cannot make soft. As an odar, something will exist that makes me "bearable guest".

Anyway, thanks again for the hospitality.

Comment

• Originally posted by ardakilic
      Thanks a lot for the hospitality. I cannot speak on behalf of all Turks in the forum but personally i know my place.

I realize in recent times, whoever i am and whatever i try to do, there is hard borders that i cannot make soft. As an odar, something will exist that makes me "bearable guest".

That's how Armenians feel in Istanbul, even though they've lived there for i don't know how many hundred years. So now we can understand each other's feelings.

Comment

• Originally posted by phantom View Post
        That's how Armenians feel in Istanbul, even though they've lived there for i don't know how many hundred years. So now we can understand each other's feelings.
        I well know about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ardakilic

Arda, listen to phantom. You and lal,may mthT and all others aren't guests. You're members (inmates in the asylum like all of us)

Comment

• nm

Comment

• Originally posted by may View Post

And continue with one thing I sincerely feel (a bit exaggerated, tough): A prefer a punch on my nose from an Armenian than a accusing question from a European regarding the genocide issue.
              That works both ways. Don't delude yourself that informed Europeans will turn a blind eye to reality. Armenians don't own the history of the Armenian Genocide, so Turks will not get a part ownership of it if Turkey and Armenia were to get all cozy with their "shared history" stuff and decide on a marriage of convenience.
              Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

• Originally posted by bell-the-cat View Post
                That works both ways. Don't delude yourself that informed Europeans will turn a blind eye to reality. Armenians don't own the history of the Armenian Genocide, so Turks will not get a part ownership of it if Turkey and Armenia were to get all cozy with their "shared history" stuff and decide on a marriage of convenience.
                Bell, I think you know by now that Armenians (nor Armenia) is going to agree to a marriage of convenience that is not based on the truth. So, I wouldn't worry about this if I were you.

Comment

• Originally posted by salutetrk View Post
                  Our president A. Gul has risked his political career once more and said that campaign can be considered as a sign of freedom of speech in Turkey. Many opponents are saying that his attitude means supporting of the campaign. A member of parliament from main opposition party (CHP) said that Gul has an ethnic Armenian origin. She claims that his grandmother was Armenian. I am not celebrating when a Turk became the leader of a political party in Germany and I don't care about our president's ethnic origin but I feel shame since a members of Turkish parliament do care about that.
                  Have any turk become a lider of political party in Germany?
                  I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

Comment

• Counter-petition: http://www.ozurbekliyorum.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Saco View Post
                      Guys, brace yourselves for this. Five minutes ago I heard on TV that this petition may completely be a political move. According to some smart people, this is just a move to sort of close this issue up instead of accepting the Genocide properly. Something smells fishy here. I'm not saying the signers are politicians, lol, I'm just saying maybe the Turks will use them as an advantage to realize their own plans .
                      Yes, Saco, it is very possible that turkish government will use this for avoiding official apology.
                      I have been there... I have seen ruins of St. Karapet!

Comment

Working...
                      X