Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Please Sign This Petition: Özür diliyoruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
    Seems like, one out of three Armenians from Gilikia I speak to remembers a non-Armenian that helped escape their father, or grandfather during AG,those heroes names must be collected and put on a monument in their memory,with these signatures.
    This petition is amazing, and Gavur, your idea is a very good idea. All we need is an opening like this one; a collective act of kindness and humanity from the Turkish public, and we should seize on it. We should extend our hands to these people who have risked retaliation and hardship and do something in return. Your idea of a monument to righteous Turks and Kurds who risked their lives to save Armenians is one way we can do that. It will let these people who are sticking their necks out for justice know that we are with them 100%. It will also let Turkish people know that we are not out to get them or humiliate them. We are simply out for justice for the memory of our murdered ancestors, which is something anyone would want.

We are faced with an enormous, insidiuous and institutional monster that has xxxxxled on the human rights of Turkish people and decimated their progress since the inception of the Turkish Republic. In order to conquer this beast, we need to make an alliance with the Turkish people. We need to be together. It is difficult for them to conquer this monster from within, and it is difficult for us to conquer it from the outside. But with a united front made up of large numbers of Turks, Armenians and other justice seekers, we can together transform Turkey and make it a place that is good and friendly neighbor for Armenia.

This, I believe, was Hrant's dream. He believed in the ultimate goodness of the Turkish people and the Armenian people, and he had faith that they would find a way to fix this thing together. This petition is a step towards the fix.

Comment

some of the muslims hid armenians in their own homes "pianist style" and it wasn't a very rare occasion. I heard that from many people. unfortunately, talat pasha issued a new law: "if you help armenians you will be executed."

Comment

Originally posted by mthT View Post
        some of the muslims hid armenians in their own homes "pianist style" and it wasn't a very rare occasion. I heard that from many people. unfortunately, talat pasha issued a new law: "if you help armenians you will be executed."
        That's why the story of Turks and other Muslims who saved Armenians and other Christians is such a compelling story and needs to be told. These were heroic and selfless acts and the world needs to know about them.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
          That's why the story of Turks and other Muslims who saved Armenians and other Christians is such a compelling story and needs to be told. These were heroic and selfless acts and the world needs to know about them.
          Indeed phantom.You are right.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavur View Post
            Seems like, one out of three Armenians from Gilikia I speak to remembers a non-Armenian that helped escape their father, or grandfather during AG,those heroes names must be collected and put on a monument in their memory,with these signatures.
            Also in some villages of Mersin, in eastern Mediterennean part of Anatolia, like in everywhere, some Turks and Kurds helped.

If you let, i want to start with one of oral tellings. In Mersin city, Tarsus town, in Sucular, Dedeler, Ziyaret and Ashab-ı Kehf villages, Panoglu Haci Ali Beg, hide more than 20 Armenian children and women in his stables for three weeks or more and then he brought them to the port in order to make them get on a ship for escape.

Comment

How do you know about Haci Ali Beg, and how do we learn more about him? Someone should write a book about him in Turkish and translate it into Armenian and English.

Comment

Originally posted by ardakilic View Post
                Also in some villages of Mersin, in eastern Mediterennean part of Anatolia, like in everywhere, some Turks and Kurds helped.

If you let, i want to start with one of oral tellings. In Mersin city, Tarsus town, in Sucular, Dedeler, Ziyaret and Ashab-ı Kehf villages, Panoglu Haci Ali Beg, hide more than 20 Armenian children and women in his stables for three weeks or more and then he brought them to the port in order to make them get on a ship for escape.
                Certainly these heroic peoples names should be gathered and listed. Gavur's idea of a monument is perfect and also a replica in Yerevan.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom View Post
                  How do you know about Haci Ali Beg, and how do we learn more about him? Someone should write a book about him in Turkish and have it translated into Armenian and English.
                  Panoglu Haci Ali Beg is a leading member of Panoglu (or Panizadehs) ancestry, Varsakogullari clan and settled to Mersin reigon. The clan was half-nomadic through Toros mountains and villages in the skirts. It is a long story of this clan. Let me break short.

As i told, this is an oral telling which i listened from his grandson, now living in Istanbul. His grandson tells, Haci Ali Beg, at his last days (died in 1978), always was repeating "Elhamdulillah o işe bulaşmadık" (Thanks to God, we werent contamined by that event".

Mersin was so cosmopolitan city before 1950s; Muslim and Alevi Turks, Christian and Muslim Arabs, Greeks, Jews and Armenians lived together. Those Armenians who Haci Ali Beg hide were from the centre of Mersin but escaped to Tarsus town.

Unfortunately there is no book about him. He was a simple and modest man.

Comment

Originally posted by mthT View Post
                    Many Armenians escaped because their Muslim neighbors hid them and/or helped them flee. Certain mixed vilages, hamlets, towns ignored the order to harm Christians, especially areas with a large Alevi population such as Konya.
                    General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                      Many Armenians escaped because their Muslim neighbors hid them and/or helped them flee. Certain mixed vilages, hamlets, towns ignored the order to harm Christians, especially areas with a large Alevi population such as Konya.
                      And as Ardakilic mentioned, Mersin as well.
                      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X