Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Please Sign This Petition: Özür diliyoruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please try to smell the air in Turkey after this campaign. An ordinary but meaningful example:

A football team (Trabzon Spor) supporters protest Football Federation with a banner supporting Ogun Samast and Yasin Hayal, murderers of Hrant Dink (Also these killer are from that city, Trabzon). And authorities warn them to remove that banner and they remove it. Also they are shouting "There is a genocide for referee Oguz in Trabzon city who is Armenian" (in fact, referee isnot Armenian probably).

Comment

• Originally posted by salutetrk View Post
      Our president A. Gul has risked his political career once more and said that campaign can be considered as a sign of freedom of speech in Turkey. Many opponents are saying that his attitude means supporting of the campaign. A member of parliament from main opposition party (CHP) said that Gul has an ethnic Armenian origin. She claims that his grandmother was Armenian. I am not celebrating when a Turk became the leader of a political party in Germany and I don't care about our president's ethnic origin but I feel shame since a members of Turkish parliament do care about that.
      Gul: Good police
      Erdogan: Bad police

From the beginning of their political career separation, that is the case. Still, his words are valuable, tough.

Comment

• I have a feeling that some people here are making too much of Saco`s post and probably we have misunderstood him.Saco was probably referring to the people on this TV channel and how they view the petition and not giving his own personal opinion.However they way Saco worded his post seems that it was his own opinion and not the people or reporters on this channel he was watching so the post gave a little bit confusing message.Oh well, I think we have to wait for Saco to clarify his post.

P.S After reading Saco`s post a couple of times it seems that he was actually being sarcastic against these people on this TV channel and ridiculed them for their conspiracy thoughts about the petition.Note Saco`s own comments:"smart people".I better stop here to wait for Saco to clarify his post so I don`t get in trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexandros View Post
          I have a feeling that some people here are making too much of Saco`s post and probably we have misunderstood him.Saco was probably referring to the people on this TV channel and how they view the petition and not giving his own personal opinion.However they way Saco worded his post seems that it was his own opinion and not the people or reporters on this channel he was watching so the post gave a little bit confusing message.Oh well, I think we have to wait for Saco to clarify his post.

P.S After reading Saco`s post a couple of times it seems that he was actually being sarcastic against these people on this TV channel and ridiculed them for their conspiracy thoughts about the petition.Note Saco`s own comments:"smart people".I better stop here to wait for Saco to clarify his post so I don`t get in trouble.
          Hi Alexandros,

I think my previous post needs a clarification after your comment. As you said Saco will clarify whether he meant what he posted or was being sarcastic. I also tend to believe he was sarcastic. But there are people who is saying this for real. They really believe in this stupid EU argument. With my post, I just wanted to make people think again, in case they are about to make such a comment. A precaution, I may say.

Comment

• I am Turkish and i am feeling really sorry for our cruel actions and genocide. I know saying sorry can not change the history but it can start changing in our lives.

be with peace and love.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Pasaran View Post
              I am Turkish and i am feeling really sorry for our cruel actions and genocide. I know saying sorry can not change the history but it can start changing in our lives.

be with peace and love.
              Nice post dude!

Your English has been improved

Just kidding, dont take me serious

Comment

• ı think we invaded armeniangenocide site.its all turks here now.we can start the debates in turkish ? dimi?

Comment

• Originally posted by lal View Post
                  ı think we invaded armeniangenocide site.its all turks here now.we can start the debates in turkish ? dimi?
                  No we are "guests" here. Only English and Armenian is allowed. Khosum es Haykakan?

Comment

• [QUOTE=ardakilic;31976]Your English has been improvedQUOTE]

it should be i am in Los Angeles for four months

and also i am trying to learn some spanish. I know many Armenian people here and hoping learn some Armenian too.

When i see us as Turks in here i think maybe i didn't walk in strees with Hrant Dink poster for nothing. We can change the word even backside of us and our greed.

Comment

• Ardakilic. You are not guests. This is your place as much as anyone else. Either that or we are all guests here.

No matter what, I am just happy to see so many Turkish and Armenian members now who are talking to each other in a mature and positive way. It seems like we even agree on many things. But even if we don't always agree on everything, it's wonderful if we can continue our conversations even when we disagree on something. You can't agree with everyone all the time after all.

I've been posting here for over 3 years, and this is the most hopeful I have ever been about the future of this forum, and the future of Turkish Armenian relations.

There seems to be so much more intellectual curiosity among the Turkish people about the Armenians then ever before. My hope is that this curiosity will grow among the Turkish people, because then they will learn more about us, which means they will eventually learn the truth about us. And when I say "the truth about us" I don't just mean about the Genocide, but about who we were, what we contributed to the Ottoman Empire, and now who we are today. Likewise, we in the diaspora have to take a fresh look at the Turkish people. What kind of people are they? There must be a great deal of goodness there, because otherwise how can 100,000 people march in the streets saying "We are all Hrant Dink, we are all Armenian" or how can 13,500 Turks sign a petition in 3 days keeping in mind that the Turkish government has for 90 years taught its people nothing about the Armenians except that we were backstabbing parasites.

Comment

Working...
                      X