Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vive La France !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vive La France !!!!!

Originally posted by Federate View Post
    Arshak Mkrtchyan (aka Arshakuni) – is a relatively new but very interesting, sometimes controversial blogger from the UK, who blogs only when he really has a point to make.
    Is that your claim or Arshak Mkrtchyan's claim? The one thing bloggers seldom lack is an overly-inflated ego.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

In resonse to the postings of :Prof TA and Arshak Mkrtchyan. I thank both Mher and Federate for gifting myself and this forum with the considerations of these two first rate intellects. You have done this group and this conversation an emmens help to clarify and focus onto that which is of merit and substance and separate that from chaf. To have the privilege tof listen to these two minds of the first order is to be given the honor of being enlightened . Sincerely /Artashes
      Last edited by Artashes; 01-29-2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

As to bells comment: Having been exposed to these to world class thinkers and your question was what? Wow! Your sure know how to focus on the (meat) of the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
          As to bells comment: Having been exposed to these to world class thinkers and your question was what? Wow! Your sure know how to focus on the (meat) of the issue.
          Did you just call them world class thinkers? Jefferson was a world class thinker, Pain was a world class thinker, Voltaire was a world class thinker, Benjamin Franklin was a world class thinker, Nezedje was a world class thinker! In our days people like Hawkins are world class thinkers! I think it is an insult to all the world class thinkers to even think any one of those people as a world class thinker!
          Last edited by KarotheGreat; 01-30-2012, 04:05 AM.

Comment

In response to : ( I think Thomas Paine etc would be insulted) I seriously dought any of that group you mentioned would be insulted at all . I think the two men could have easily sat at the sam table with any of the people you mentioned .I think they would have been welcomed their . /Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
              In response to : ( I think Thomas Paine etc would be insulted) I seriously dought any of that group you mentioned would be insulted at all . I think the two men could have easily sat at the sam table with any of the people you mentioned .I think they would have been welcomed their . /Artashes
              Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great man and I also believe that he has done some great things for Armenians and their cause. However he is no great thinker. In Turkey he is being prosecuted for his views but supports the same thing in France. Have you read one of his books? I own and have read some of his books, and trust me they are really boring to read. It doesn't mean that if someone fights for your rights you give them praise that they don't deserve. Can you tell me what the blogger has done that is so revolutionary or special?

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                In Turkey he is being prosecuted for his views but supports the same thing in France.
                His prosecution in turcey and his support for the French Bill aren't mutually exclusive though are they?

Comment

Originally posted by KarotheGreat View Post
                  Is that a question again or are you insulting me now?
                  No insult that I see.

Comment

Back on substance--- Let's say those French bill actually gets passed . I don't think it's time for celebration. That would be like dropping the ball. Instead ,we have to keep the pressure up and intensify it when possible. One thought is to contact all the countries that have acknowledged the(AG) to send representatives and have a (highly publicized ) pointedly solem march through the city . The forces of the murdering liars are counting on a almost immediate forgetfulness by the general public of the world. Any other ideas out their ? /Artashes

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
                      I can see how it might be confusing for those who can't seem to wrap their heads around the fact that this is a private forum and that removing posts is not the equivalent of your government criminalizing expressing a particular belief. I know forums and governments are so very similar that it makes this distinction an incredibly tricky one to grasp.
                      Thanks for your consideration Siggie. Obviously I needed some time to reply as there was quite a lot of tricky headwrapping to be done. I've just about got there with the distinctions between forums and governments, just about.
                      We'll probably disagree for infinity on this (and other issues), my bottom line is that France is a sovereign nation and passes law in as democratic a way as any other sovereign nation. Individuals who wish to live outside of those laws should remove themselves elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X