Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Vive La France !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vive La France !!!!!

Yes Haykakan, the sound of silence can be deafening.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Just found this in 7 parts but could not find part 6.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl8sMDZkyXc&sns=em
      Loss of part six is no great loss - pity the other 6 could not be similarly lost. As well as being laughable propaganda pieces, they are cringingly embarassing to watch (though I'll confess I only actually managed to sit through parts 1 and 7).

..I think I'll have a go at reviewing it, try to be specific about its failings.
      Last edited by bell-the-cat; 02-01-2014, 07:25 PM.
      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

What is pity is whatever happened to you Bell that has turned you into what you are now. My point has been well made and there is plenty of proof for what i stated. Germany made obvious attempts to cover its tracks but again non of this matters to bell nor do i care what does matter to the cat but our people know and have known that we face much more then just the turk in our struggle for justice. The problem is that many Armenians forget what european powers have done to us time and again. Whether it is the Brits during the Sultan or the Germans during the young turcks-the major powers of Europe have conspired against us knowing full well the deadly consequences we would endure. This is why i cannot tolerate it when people want to bend over backwards to those who would have them dead yet they will demonize the only power that allows a Armenian nation to still exist. Those bastards in Europe have the blood of our people on their hands because the Turk alone could never have done what he did to us. I teach econ and one of the important points to understand about that subject and about many other things in life is that the whole picture is more that just the sum of its parts. You can see a great deal more by looking at the whole thing than you could if you just looked at just its parts. There are trends and behavioral patterns which tell you more then any document can but as you can see even documents mean nothing to people who are in denial. To illustrate just how weak we are and the strength of our enemies i think you should consider all the talk about resettling turks in Georgia because they were displaced yet who talks of resettling Armenians on our homeland? Pathetic that the world would be this cruel but it is what it is. I wonder how open to dialog the Turk will be after 2015 has come and gone? After nothing is done yet again for the 100th time. After European courts consider the our fate closed and our people dead and gone. I bet most Armenians will still be flocking to the greatness of European powers as the final nails dig deeper in our coffins. Well what can we do against all this hate..well there was a lot you could have done but most did nothing. Hell most diasporans did not even go to Armenia for a visit..so how can you say we deserve a country worth living in?
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Take it easy Haykakan, you gonna get heart attack
          don't let our history get to you man, I know its hard.....no other race could have survived what we have been through (many cultures have disappeared under lesser circumstances) but here we are and here we stand, people of the book, ancient warriors turned slave but now free with regained independence....we are on the map brother.

As far as jinglebells......don't feed the troll, he doesn't know his head from his ass.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            What is pity is whatever happened to you Bell that has turned you into what you are now. My point has been well made and there is plenty of proof for what i stated. Germany made obvious attempts to cover its tracks but again non of this matters to bell nor do i care what does matter to the cat but our people know and have known that we face much more then just the turk in our struggle for justice. The problem is that many Armenians forget what european powers have done to us time and again. Whether it is the Brits during the Sultan or the Germans during the young turcks-the major powers of Europe have conspired against us knowing full well the deadly consequences we would endure. This is why i cannot tolerate it when people want to bend over backwards to those who would have them dead yet they will demonize the only power that allows a Armenian nation to still exist. Those bastards in Europe have the blood of our people on their hands because the Turk alone could never have done what he did to us. I teach econ and one of the important points to understand about that subject and about many other things in life is that the whole picture is more that just the sum of its parts. You can see a great deal more by looking at the whole thing than you could if you just looked at just its parts. There are trends and behavioral patterns which tell you more then any document can but as you can see even documents mean nothing to people who are in denial. To illustrate just how weak we are and the strength of our enemies i think you should consider all the talk about resettling turks in Georgia because they were displaced yet who talks of resettling Armenians on our homeland? Pathetic that the world would be this cruel but it is what it is. I wonder how open to dialog the Turk will be after 2015 has come and gone? After nothing is done yet again for the 100th time. After European courts consider the our fate closed and our people dead and gone. I bet most Armenians will still be flocking to the greatness of European powers as the final nails dig deeper in our coffins. Well what can we do against all this hate..well there was a lot you could have done but most did nothing. Hell most diasporans did not even go to Armenia for a visit..so how can you say we deserve a country worth living in?
            You ask, without irony, "what can we do against all this hate?" Yet you (and here I mean the collective "you") make posts after posts that are full of hate - you seem to delight in hate, bathe in it, lust after it. And, as I said earlier, not content with directing your hate against every living Turk and Azeri, you want to extend your hate to everyone. Everyone either has it in for you or has at some time had it in for you, everyone is conspiring against you (including all the Armenians that all the other Armenians think are not behaving as "proper" Armenians should) - so everyone can be hated. And you think your history gives you a free card to exhibit that hatred without restraint. But do you really think the people at the recieving end of all your hate actually care? And do you think your hate changes anything for the better? And if they don't, and it doesn't - why do it?
            Last edited by bell-the-cat; 02-01-2014, 07:21 PM.
            Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by hrai View Post
              Artashes, the quote you comment on would get the poster banned from other forums so I'm pleased that HyeClub is open-minded and liberal in it's policies on what constitutes a reasonable statement of fact, opinion or point of view. In this day and age it's comforting to know that some organisations and groups will always act in the best and most consistent way.

BTW, I hope you're well my friend.
              Yes, I'm also thrilled to find such an open & liberal .....
              Other things that are pleasing are --- cancer, brain tumors, epilepsy ...
              -----------
              Hatred is appropriate when it is warranted. To not have it when it is due is abnormal.
              Our history is truly unfortunately filled with hateful acts done against us.
              The lying & denying of such brings both CONTEMT & hatred. And reasonably so.
              Everyone knows the turk doesn't care. They never have, or they wouldn't have done such evil things.
              To those who are gone that had such evil done to you
              Even though you may not know or hear
              I think of you every single day

Comment

That is funny that Bell says the collective you since he knows i am not a racist nor do i hate all turks, azeris, europeans, gnomes, trolls..but i do hate mass murdering lying bastards-that i do admit.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Posted on this thread because there seems to be no other thread more appropriate. But one should not expect to see a thread about the upcoming 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide on an Armenian Genocide section of an Armenian forum.

California Courier Online, Jan. 30, 2014

- Commentary

'Disconnect' is Too Polite a Word
                  By Avedis Kevorkian

In his "Commentary," January 23, Harut Sassounian refers to the recent
                  observation of Professor Peter Balakian about the "disconnect" (what a
                  charming and inoffensive word!) between the Armenian community and
                  something that is foreign to the Armenians called "culture," but he is too
                  polite to throw stones and tries to explain what passes for thinking of the
                  wealthy to help elevate the Armenian name by supporting American-style
                  institutions.
                  However, since I am not as polite and since I bear the scars of battles
                  lost to bring the 19th-century Armenians into the 20th century, and now
                  into the 21st century, I beg to enter yet another battle to throw the
                  necessary stones.
                  I will limit myself to my current battles. I have been trying to form a
                  committee to plan and make really memorable the Centenary of the start of
                  the Armenian Genocide, in 2015. So far, I have four members--all odars,
                  including a Roman Catholic, a Protestant, and two xxxs. And the responses
                  (when I get them) from the Armenians range from "Uh," "Ah," "Um," "You
                  see. . . ," "Well," "I don't know," and the most lamentable, "I'll get back
                  to you." Letters to the wealthy asking for their moral--specifically, at
                  this time, NOT their financial support--are not even acknowledged, much
                  less answered. Will there be something marking the Centenary in
                  Philadelphia, I am sure there will be. Will it be different from, more
                  memorable than, previous years? Do pigs fly?
                  Or, take another losing, so far, battle. The legislature of the
                  Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is currently discussing a Genocide Education
                  measure to teach genocide in the high schools. Having learned about it, I
                  contacted the sponsors and the Armenian Genocide was included in the
                  draft. The Turks also heard about it, and a Turkish Consul made the rounds
                  of the legislators (but not, interestingly, the sponsors) and reference to
                  the Armenian Genocide has been deleted. Although I am continuing my
                  efforts, I have tried to recruit help. Have I succeeded? Are those pigs
                  flying?
                  But, enough.
                  The Armenians, unlike the xxxs, do not have any sense of civic and cultural
                  obligations. And, apparently, not even of matters that concern them.
                  Take a walk around the many civic and cultural institutions in
                  Philadelphia, and on the Wall of Honor (however it may be labeled) of the
                  major contributors, you will see xxxish name after xxxish name after xxxish
                  name. Look in vain for an Armenian name. Go to the concerts of the
                  musical organizations and read the last few pages of the Program, which
                  lists the donors, you will see xxxish name after xxxish name after xxxish
                  name. Go to the performances at the many publicly-supported theaters and
                  read the names of the donors in the Playbill, and you will find xxxish name
                  after xxxish name after xxxish name.
                  Armenian names? You can count them on the knuckles of one finger and have
                  two knuckles left over.
                  It is a cliché, but if you want a good seat at a sold-out play at the
                  theater, or if you want a good seat at a concert, go on a xxxish Holiday
                  when the xxxs are at home. Don't expect to see any Armenians, of course.
                  When a local television station announced that it was moving from its site
                  on Independence Mall in the most historic square mile in America, the xxxs
                  announced they were buying the site to build a larger--did you note that, a
                  "larger"--history of the xxxs museum. Forty-three months later, a
                  five-storey museum opened and, I was told by the chief fund-raiser, the
                  fund drive was over-subscribed. After the initial contribution of
                  $25-million, other major contributors soon fell in line.
                  Meanwhile the Armenians. . . .
                  But, the xxxs need not be plentiful or rich. When the 150 xxxs (in a
                  population of 23-million) living in Taiwan decided that their legacy to the
                  country should be a Holocaust Museum, they set out and established one.
                  Meanwhile, the Armenians. . . .
                  It would appear that the Armenians can be chased out of Anatolia, but
                  Anatolia cannot be chased out of the Armenians. We don't have the sense of
                  pride and purpose of the xxxs who, whatever else they do in preserving
                  their own heritage, undertake an obligation to contribute to their "host"
                  society as well.
                  If brilliant minds like Balakian's and Sassounian's cannot come up with an
                  answer then, perhaps, it is because the answer is very simple, and not
                  complex: The Armenians aren't intelligent enough and capable enough to chew
                  gum and walk at the same time.
                  Last edited by bell-the-cat; 02-04-2014, 07:43 AM.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

I was hoping to see a substantial world wide event regarding the Genocide in 2015 and was told that there are big plans in Armenia but nothing much from the diaspora. This is strange to me since it is the diaspora who thinks of nothing but the genocide and not Armenia..To be honest i would rather we spent our money on building a homeland since most of the money spent in the diaspora on Armenian issues ends up in the pockets of corrupt politicians who make promises they intend to and always do break.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

-------- the Armenians aren't intelligent enough to chew gum and walk at the same time -------------
                      You got that Siggie?
                      How about you Federate?
                      Joseph?
                      -----------
                      When you asked for help from the Armenian quarter, did you tell them the above you stupid, fkn mouth?
                      Hate filled, obnoxious nonsense of of derogatory speech by the fraud.
                      Over and over and over .... Again.
                      You gonna champion the Armenian in Philly.
                      Found 2 xxxs, a catholic priest & another priest so far.
                      If you'll inform who these unwitting souls are, I'll send them your posts.
                      How many times have you spoke the truth wiist walking amongst the turks? Ever tell them you'd punch them?
                      Your a pathetic joke,albeit a sad one.
                      The first sentence of this post is a quote by bell the cat.

Comment

Working...
                      X