Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

I don't know jack about cars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow all this car wisdom. Who will be the Confucius of Car talk?
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil
      You'll love the sound of my 360 cubic inch engine with hi-flo cat and dual split exhaust.

bring it on boy!!

Comment

Well Crimson G - I am a big car guy...have a bit of a collection myself - mostly (fairly new) - but one old calssic (64 1/2 Mustang convertible with a 4 barrel 289 V8...[vroom vroom - that was for 'bruin! ]....my Audi is an S4 Bi-Turbo...and yeah with just a chip (ECU tweaking...with several programs available with the flick of a switch - oh technology - isn't it wonderful!), intake (not K & N...better...), air-bypass valves and a honker of a cat-back exhaust - well my little wagon has gone from fast to beastly...I'm pushing 330hp & 370 lb/ft of torque through all 4 wheels (AWD - more wonderful stuff) - so its an all weather, haul the family & stuff around mega-machine. And to think I can easily (though $$$) upgrade the turbos and add downpipes and get another 100 hp out of her....so yeah serious mods are possible on these cars - and many of those ricer racer you see out on the streets are not just cosmetic travesties - some have some serious tweaking underhood...we're talking fairly easy 11 sec quarters if one is so inclined (I do perhaps upper 12s to 13...but then again...its a wagon! )

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan
          What are your opinions on "the tornado". (as seen on tv) It goes inside the inlet hose and spins the air arround. They're saying it improves milage by making a better mixture. But all it does is spin the damn air around....
          I would think this is no more effective than replacing the air filter more often. Am I mistaken?

Here's the site:
          http://www.tornadoair.com/index.php
          Agree with Seaphan - junk/waste of money...your computer (ECU) controls your mix and if you don't just juke it out it will probably compensate so that air-fuel mix is basically what its supposed to be. If you want to make your vehical more efficient - learn to drive efficiently...if you want to make it faster - well there are all sorts of real upgrades that are (often) possible...beginning with ECU controlled engine tweaks, followed by revised air intakes and exhaust (to really get some flow through)...then bolt ons - like Turbos and superchargers (work wonders)...also gearing and rear differentials, clutch flywheels - many other mechanical areas that could lead to performance gains....don't forget suspension and brakes however! - want to be able to handle all the extra puch and slow it down in a hurry (sometimes...)

Comment

Carol Shleby??.. he was the father of the GT series for Ford's great achievments... he basically created the exotic design after Ferrari cancelled there contract with FOr for buiding a rave car.. they were afraid of the competition... Chelby was a genious in many ways.. anywho..

Sip, if you feel your engine isnt getting the gasoline it needs, you have nothign else to blame it on except poor gasoline.. literally.. the new SFi injectors with most of the cars since 1999 really suck.. infact the have changed them to double port injectors.. cuuase in california especially Chevy was getting alot of service done to these new injectors in there newer vehicles, especially the suburbans and tahoes.. due to the combination of fule pump pressure and bad fule with the SFI injectors.. SFI stand for *sequential fuel injection*.. a fancy way of saying. finer mist of fuel ..

And as for the shock stabilizers in your old 1989 vehicle **what vehicle btw???** Chevy has come out with a new product, which is quite revolutionary as well.. it is called magnetic ride control.. basically.. sensors that sense the changee in road depth over a million times per second.. which in turn control magnetic shocks and make them so the vehilce stay as level as possible.. and can change position within an amazing fraction of a second.. lest than 1/10000 of a second.. truly amazing.. they have also equipped the new CTS i beleive wit this technology.. and testing has gone great.. so this is next in shocks
            How do you hurt a masochist?
            -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

I'm done messing with the blazer ... it runs fine and I'm going to use it for a few more years. The rear springs have started to sag again even after I had installed 2" lift shackles ... so I got an extra set of leafs I'm going to throw on there as soon as I drive my jeep here to WI from cali so I'll have a backup car in case I brake one of the U-bolts or something while trying to do the install. That should bring the rear back up and put and end to the "squat to take a leak" look I hate that!

The only other thing I've got planned is a 200 Amp alternator that's been sitting in my garage ... I just need a weekend to swap it in though it doesn't really seem to need it at this point.

From now on, all the money is going into the jeep ... between the new axle shafts and diff gears and a full roll cage and front bumper and winch and onboard air compressor and welder and steering linkage upgrades and rear quarter panel protection etc I've got my hands full. Now the only problem is saving up the dough ... I think the way things are going, I've got another $10K to sink into it before it's set up the way I really want it set up.
              Last edited by Sip; 07-01-2004, 12:18 AM.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Seapahn, save your money and buy this one instead:

Comment

Wow ... I don't know what to think of that one! I like those old Toys ... but Ferrari Yellow? Those are going to be some expensive dents and scratches ... also, the rollbars look like they were covered in duct tape! Never the less, very sweet rig.
                  this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Emil
                    Seapahn, save your money and buy this one instead:
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...483417605&rd=1
                    LMAO! I caught the very end of that episode of "Pimp My Ride". That was a half decent job (aka not the typical ghetto look they go for). Why would she sell it? Freaking retard.

No duct tape, sea. Everything on the interior and exterior on that truck was redone custom. Only the engine was left stock. But you're right, it would cost a fortune to replace ANYthing on that truck if it broke.

Comment

It's a bit too blinged out for a wheeling rig but at least they didn't lower it slap 20" dubs on it. It's still a very respectable offroader though over 20K is waaaaaay too much for that.
                      this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                      X