Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

150 passengers on board a flight from Tehran to Yerevan feared dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 passengers on board a flight from Tehran to Yerevan feared dead

TEHRAN (Reuters) - A passenger aircraft crashed in northwestern Iran on Wednesday and up to 169 people on board were feared killed, ISNA news agency reported.

"153 passengers along with 16 crew were on the plane that crashed," ISNA said, without giving a source.

Earlier Iranian state television said that all 150 people on board had been killed.

The Caspian Airlines aircraft was traveling from Tehran to Yerevan in Armenia when it came down at 11:33 a.m. (0703 GMT) near the city of Qazvin, the official IRNA news agency said.

Iran's English-language Press TV said in a scrolling news headline, "150 people on board crashed Iran plane believed dead."

A fire brigade official earlier told IRNA that everyone on board was killed. IRNA quoted an Iranian aviation spokesman as saying a the plane crashed 16 minutes after take-off from the capital's Imam Khomeini International airport.

Re: 150 passengers on board a flight from Tehran to Yerevan feared dead

I am so angry with those airlines so many life's has gone,remember the plain that landed on black sea all of the passengers died and now this,what is wrong with them.
    The airlines should pay the relatives bis sum,i want to see people in jail.

Comment

this is unbelievable for me i have lost my friends

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
        this is unbelievable for me i have lost my friends
        You had friends on the flight?
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I'm sorry Lucin jan .

By the way, incase you guys don't know ... most on that flight were Armenians and my dad's friends`friend's were in it. Entire family actually ! No one survived.

May all their souls rest in peace.
          Last edited by Sako; 07-15-2009, 04:00 AM.
          THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

All 168 passengers and crew have died in a Caspian Airlines plane crash in the north of Iran, officials say.

Wreckage was spread over a large area in a field in Jannatabad village, Qazvin province, about 75 miles (120km) north-west of Tehran, state TV said.

The Tupolev plane was flying from the Iranian capital to Yerevan in Armenia, with mostly Armenian passengers.

The cause of the crash, which happened soon after take-off, was not known. Witnesses said it dropped from the sky.

"The 7908 Caspian flight crashed 16 minutes after its take-off from the International Imam Khomeini Airport," Iran's Aviation Organisation spokesman, Reza Jafarzadeh, was quoted by Iranian Press TV as saying.

An eyewitness said the plane dropped out of the sky and exploded on impact.

Iranian media reported officials confirming the deaths.

Mohammad Reza Montazer Khorasan, the head of the disaster management centre at Iran's health ministry said: "All people aboard... the crashed plane are dead," according to AFP news agency.

The Qazvin Fire Department Chief said residents began calling emergency services about noon local time after seeing thick smoke.

"After going to the crash scene and scouting, we found that the area of the disaster is very wide and wreckage of the crashed plane have been thrown around as far as 150 to 200m," he said.

Television footage showed a massive crater in a field, with smouldering debris over a wide area.

From Jon Leyne, BBC correspondent:
            Iran has a notoriously bad air safety record. Because of sanctions imposed by the United States, Iran relies on an increasingly ageing fleet of airliners, and has trouble buying spares.

There are tales of aircrew buying spare parts on flights to Europe, then sneaking them back to Iran in the xxxxpit. While those sanctions don't apply to aircraft from Russia and Ukraine, many planes from those countries in the Iranian fleet also appear well past their best.

For some people, flying in Iran can be a nerve-wracking experience. Stepping on board, it often becomes quickly apparent you are in a plane that has done many years service.

There are also frequent delays because of the shortage of aircraft. Iranian engineers and aircrew do their best to keep their fleets in service.

Mr Jafarzadeh said there were no irregularities reported before the plane took off.

"The regulations of the State Aviation Organisation do not allow a plane to take off before security of the plane is 100% approved," he told Iranian television.

"As to why this happened and what problem the plane ran into, we will need to carry out a thorough investigation of all contributing elements."

The plane was built in Russia in 1987.

A Caspian Airlines representative told Associated Press news agency that most of the passengers were Armenians, with some Georgian citizens also on board.

It was unclear if other nationalities were involved.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad offered his condolences to the families of the victims.

Ten members of Iran's national junior judo team were reported to be on the plane, ahead of training with the Armenian team.

IRANIAN PLANE CRASHES
            6 December, 2005: A C-130 military transport plane crashes on the outskirts of the Iranian capital Tehran, killing 110 people, including some on the ground

19 February, 2003: An Iranian military transport aircraft carrying 276 people crashes in the south of the country, killing all on board

23 December, 2002: An Antonov 140 commuter plane carrying aerospace experts crashes in central Iran, killing all 46 people on board

The BBC's Jon Leyne said the country was reliant on air transport, but it had been three years since the last crash.

The civil and military fleets are made up of elderly aircraft, in poor condition due to their age and lack of maintenance.

Since Iran's Islamic revolution of 1979, trade embargoes by Western nations have forced Iran to buy mainly Russian-built planes to supplement an existing fleet of Boeings and other American and European models.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8151327.stm
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

My heart broke as I woke up to this news. Vay mayr@ taghem, meg had shnorkov autanav chen kider shinel asonk? Yeghadz cheghadz@ 10 million joghovourt enk yev yergou autanav ingadz eh hayerov 3 darva metch.

"The semi-official Mehr news agency listed the names of 153 passengers and 15 crew members. At least 42 of the names appeared to be Armenian, but it was not clear if they were from the former Soviet republic or if they were ethnically Armenian citizens of Iran."

An Iranian airliner that crashed Wednesday, killing all 168 passengers and crew, plunged into the ground and disintegrated on impact, according to a security official.

List of passengers of Tu-154 published
              15.07.2009 16:01 GMT+04:00

/PanARMENIAN.Net/ The list of passengers of Tu-154 which crashed near Kazmir town today has been published. 154 passengers, including 2 children, were on board.

40 out of 154 passengers were Armenian citizens. The crew consisted of Armenians and Iranians.

A relief center is functioning in Zvartnots Airport.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

God Bless their souls, may all rest in peace.

Comment

Lucin I'm really sorry to hear about your friends

And I hope the souls of all who have died in the crash R.I.P.
                  oxormi iranc

Comment

Rest in peace to the victims, my condolences to the family and friends. Lucin i'm sorry to hear that .

Comment

Working...
                    X