Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

All things related to Hryastan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All things related to Hryastan

This article was back in March but I think it makes some good points. I'll paste the important parts:

But here is where it gets really interesting. The following comes from the j3wish Telegraphic Agency, the Associated Press of the j3wish world. JTA writes:

In the past, the pro-Israel community [i.e. the Israel lobby] , has lobbied hard against previous attempts to pass similar resolutions, citing warnings from Turkish officials that it could harm the alliance not only with the United States but with Israel -- although Israel has always tried to avoid mentioning the World War I-era genocide.

In the last year or so, however, officials of American pro-Israel groups have said that while they will not support new resolutions, they will no longer oppose them, citing Turkey's heightened rhetorical attacks on Israel and a flourishing of outright anti-Semitism the government has done little to stem.

That has lifted the fetters for lawmakers like Berman (Chairman Howard Berman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee) , who had been loath to abet in the denial of a genocide; Berman and a host of other members of the House's unofficial xxxish caucus have signed on as co-sponsors.

That battle is now being carried to Washington. The Israelis are trying to teach the Turks a lesson. If the Armenian resolution passes both houses and goes into effect, it will not be out of some newfound compassion for the victims of the Armenian genocide and their descendants, but to send a message to Turkey: if you mess with Israel, its lobby will make Turkey pay a price in Washington.

And, just maybe, the United States will pay it too.
    Here is the link to the article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mj-ros..._b_487380.html
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by ara87 View Post
      The world needs to decide already who they're going to support once and for all, no toeing the line bs. If a nation says they support Israel, then let them support them 150% of the way once and for all, and if they disagree with them at all, then let them support the Palestinians. The world should not have to suffer through so much for the sake of two insignificant groups of peoples on such an insignificant stretch of land.

Personally I side with Israel, b/c while I do believe what they're doing with blockade is wrong on almost every level, I believe that it'll be easier to put and end to the conflict once and for all if Israel wins. Israel holds all the cards, it and the world are ready to work towards a Palestinian state, but first the Palestinians have to accept that the borders are drawn and there's nothing they can do about it. Palestine is from now on and forever will be territories of Gaza and the West Bank. If a Palestinian should desire to live in a region of the entity defined as Israel, the Palestinians are just gonna have to make peace with them and then move to Israel legally.

Who knows, maybe if things cool down and there's a peace between the two, in a few generations an Israeli Arab could be elected to the knesset or something, and while it sounds naive, look at the USA, Michelle Obama is a descendant of slaves, would her ancestors have ever thought that one of their descendants would be first lady and live in a country with second highest amount of interracial marriages?

My plan B is to just give the West Bank to Jordan, and Gaza to Egypt. There are some peoples who will just never be fit to rule themselves, even if they get everything they want. But since Palestinians can't stand to be under the rule of the Israelis, then let them be under the rule of their Muslim Arab brethren
      There are some glaring errors in the assuptions you make here, Your assuption that Isreal is ok with any form of a Palastinian state is flat out wrong because even when their government was ready to make peace(it only happened once) the zionists killed their own president and ended any hope of such peace. Another misconception you stated is that the Palastinians " There are some peoples who will just never be fit to rule themselves, even if they get everything they want." this is exactly what the western zionist controlled media has been spreading and you sir bought it hook, line , sinker and all. Palastinians are not anymore dumb or unruly then anyone else thus they do not have a handicap for self rule and have actually successfully ruled themselves many hundreds of years more then the xxxs have ruled themselves. Also like when did they exactly get "everything they want"? Again i do not blame those living in the west for having these misconseptions because they are spoonfed lies everyday on a regular basis, and i know this to be true because i grew up in the west and was fed the same bs. Some people are ok with going along with the official stance even if that stance is totally wrong but some like myself cant stand hypocracy and refuse to just shut up and let the lies continue. It is very hard to get a accurate picture of the world growing up in the west which ironicaly enoughf reminds me of the soviet era when people in the soviet union had the same problem and thought the west was the promised land they had always dreamed of.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

10 Jun 2010 3:33 PM
        By Moshe Yaroni
        We now hate Turkey, So the Armenian genocide DID happen

Spencer Ackerman has an excellent and succinct post
        [http://attackerman.firedoglake.com/2...r-you-people/]
        on the hypocrisy abounding now that the American xxxish leadership has
        decided Turkey is an enemy, so they have stopped lobbying against
        recognition of the Armenian genocide.

He's nicer about it than I am.

This has long been something I've found truly disgusting, and an
        example of how when it comes to a choice between being a xxx and
        marching lock-step with Israel, the pro-Israel xxxish forces don't
        even blink and abandon Judaism, our community and our heritage without
        a second thought.

WE ARE xxxS!!! HOW CAN WE DENY A GENOCIDE FOR CYNICAL POLITICAL PURPOSES???

And can anyone seriously doubt that such is exactly what happened?

This hypocrisy is not merely academic, now that AIPAC's dissembling on
        behalf of Turkey has come to an end. It is that same trait that is on
        display on a daily basis in the denial of suffering in Gaza.

Today, Israel let snack foods and soda into Gaza. What, is there
        suddenly nothing to fear from Hamas' deadly Pringles and Coke Bomb? I
        mean, seriously, if this is not petty cruelty beyond belief, what is?
        Or maybe it was that a leading Senator had to scream to force Israel
        to allow pasta into Gaza last year or that such things as lentils,
        packaged hummus and cinnamon are still items of controversy.

It isn't only that racists like Caroline Glick are laughing about the
        suffering of innocents in Gaza. No, in a much more concrete way, it is
        that Israel and those here that oppose de facto the two-state solution
        (despite their claims to the contrary, which generally have as much
        substance as their former defense of Turkey's action nearly a century
        ago did) are ona campaign of denial of suffering.

There is the convenience of the term "humanitarian crisis" which
        generally conjures images of mass starvation and high death tolls.
        Since that's not happening in Gaza, this allows Israel to deny with a
        certain technical validity. But, as I and many other have detailed,
        there's a huge amount of suffering, and it is being accompanied by a
        campaign of denial.

The same kind these same people once waged on behalf of the Turks.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Because of stupid Armenians who have cared so much about and raised such a ruckus over this non-significant recognition factor....We're now being used as tools in a political war between xxxs & Turks. It's an especially non-ideal situation since relations between Israel and Turkey will be fine any day now and we'll all just come out looking like a used condom after a frat party. We've got a smart community don't we?

Comment

It is not us that brought up the Armenian genocide recognition argument, it is the Israelis and Israeli supporters themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo88 View Post
              It is not us that brought up the Armenian genocide recognition argument, it is the Israelis and Israeli supporters themselves.
              I'm not saying who brought it up now, I'm saying who made a big deal about it in the past.

Comment

Why isn't the genocide recognition a "big deal"? It is an imperative for Armenians in the diaspora, notably that of the United States, to get it recognized.

Comment

Why isn't the genocide recognition a "big deal"? It is an imperative for Armenians in the diaspora, notably that of the United States, to get it recognized.
                  I know it's imperative for the Diaspora, which is why the Diaspora is retarded. Genocide Recognition isn't going to do anything for us, it's a giant hole to throw money into. Armenians have MUCH bigger problems to spend our few resources on. Imagine how much money, time and effort is spent towards Recognition....Now imagine using that money, time, and effort to build hospitals, maternity clinics, schools, roads, and infrastructure IN ARMENIA. Which option sounds like it's going to bear more fruit for Armenians? Genocide Recognition is just a convenient way for the useless Diaspora to feel Armenian. God forbid they're asked to do anything more than just wear the tri-color on the 24th.

Comment

By saying this you assume that the recognition will never bear fruit one day.

And aren't you in the diaspora yourself?

Comment

By saying this you assume that the recognition will never bear fruit one day.
                      It won't, what kind of useful outcome can recognition possibly have? Europe/Russia have recognized, what is that doing for Armenia?

And aren't you in the diaspora yourself?
                      I am. When I say the "Diaspora is retarded", I'm referring to the AG obsessed element of the Diaspora, who I'm sad to say seems to be the majority.

Comment

Working...
                      X