Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Do you think Turkey has become a regional Leader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you think Turkey has become a regional Leader?

Not everything that can be counted counts
    Not everything that counts can be counted
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Artashes View Post
      I clearly no nothing about a mountain I saw from my window every morning ---
      Man you are killing me. (big smile from last frontier)
      Artashes
      Big smile back, frontiersman !

Hope you're starting to beat the computer. (I ask my daughter for help on IT smart-phones etc. nearly every day)

Comment

I did a research paper regarding the opening of borders between Turky and Armenia and economicaly speaking there is no doubt both sides would greatly benefit from trade with Armenia benefiting considerably more. Economics is important and you have to remember it is not Armenia that closed the border. Opening the border with Turky would bring many opportunities to armenian businesses and jobs to the armenian people but it is the turk that places unreasonable demands on opening the border-not us. The Armenian government and most of the people in Armenia want the border opened because they know it will improve the country and their lives. As is the case with many of the problems regarding the relationship between Armenia and Turky-it is Turky that caused the problem and continues to refuse to fix it. The two nations have a lot of problems with one another but a economic relationship may be the first step to adressing these problems as neighbors instead of enemies. Awareness of the Armenian issues is gaining ground in Turky today and a open border will facilitate it further and this i think is one of the reasons Turky refuses to open the border. Opening the border brings many opportunities for bothsides but particularly for Armenia. Sure there are things we need to watch out for so that we are not economicaly taken advantage of but there are tools we can use to avoid such problems as they arise. Opening of the border should be done in stages so that both sides can build trust on this issue and build on it. This would also minimize the potential for abuse. The tools are there and the will is also there on the armenian side but it is the turkish side that is not cooporating.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Yes I understand the economic benefit to be gained by opening the border. That is not the only way for economic stimulus but rather one(1) apparent way and a relatively easy and fast way. The benefit would be felt almost emmediatly by the "average" person but more benefit to the individual manipulator.
          I have many problems and questions still. Not clear in my brain as I just woke up but here goes.
          Someone murders a number of people in your family and their are many witnesses both inside and outside your family. The murderer denies the obvious --- have to go---

Comment

Yes I understand the economic benefit to be gained by opening the border. That is not the only way for economic stimulus but rather one(1) apparent way and a relatively easy and fast way. The benefit would be felt almost emmediatly by the "average" person but more benefit to the individual manipulator.
            I have many problems and questions still. Not clear in my brain as I just woke up but here goes.
            Someone murders a number of people in your family and their are many witnesses both inside and outside your family. The murderer denies the obvious --- have to go---
            The murdering lier then offers to share the highly desirable stolen weath with those outside you're family and then says to you that you should deal with him in a normal fashion and by doing this our difference of opinion on said "alleged murder can be addressed( sooner or later).
            If this is done in my opinion we(Hay) are actually helping to legitimize the murderers position.
            Also another story --- I the early days of electrical use in the USA everyone produced their own electricity. In my opinion the way the manipulators stole the sef sufficient ability from the individual was--- damn -- have go ---

Comment

The murdering lier then offers to share the highly desirable stolen weath with those outside you're family and then says to you that you should deal with him in a normal fashion and by doing this our difference of opinion on said "alleged murder can be addressed( sooner or later).
              If this is done in my opinion we(Hay) are actually helping to legitimize the murderers position.
              Also another story --- I the early days of electrical use in the USA everyone produced their own electricity. In my opinion the way the manipulators stole the sef sufficient ability from the individual was--- damn -- have go ---
              The electrical grid. They then made universal use of electrical grid so cheap that every one jumped on the band wagon.
              That stopped dead in its tracks the individual from progressing and refining and accumulating a technology and ability to manage their own affairs. After regular joe is hooked the electric prices skyrocket and ordinary person is excluded from pursuing self sufficiency(needs deep pockets/no options without big bucks). INCIDIOUS.
              When you look at various economic lines of thought the basic ,pervasive fraud is not put into the model. In an equation if you leave out even one facto the equation comes out wrong.
              I know I've struggled attempting to make these points. Do you see what I'm saying?
              Artashes

Comment

@Artashes:

You are pretending that the current effort to recognize the Armenian Genocide is working. This is simply no the case, because if Turkey does not acknowledge then nothing else matters.

That is what I was trying to say all this time: That opening the border facilitates Genocide recognition. The current issue is not lack of evidence; the Turkish government is perfectly aware of the truth. It is a lack of motivation to acknowledge the truth. Nobody is forcing turkey to recognize the Genocide, so why should it?

They only way is through amicable terms. They will be able to see the truth more clearly once Armenia is no longer regarded as an enemy state.

Comment

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
                  @Artashes:

You are pretending that the current effort to recognize the Armenian Genocide is working. This is simply no the case, because if Turkey does not acknowledge then nothing else matters.

That is what I was trying to say all this time: That opening the border facilitates Genocide recognition. The current issue is not lack of evidence; the Turkish government is perfectly aware of the truth. It is a lack of motivation to acknowledge the truth. Nobody is forcing turkey to recognize the Genocide, so why should it?

They only way is through amicable terms. They will be able to see the truth more clearly once Armenia is no longer regarded as an enemy state.
                  As your sentence in your reply to me -- you( me - Artashes -) : are pretending that the current effort to recognize AG is working. That is WRONG. How did you come up with that from any of my posts?
                  For the record here is what I (Artashes) think about the AG recognition effort: however ineffective issue still exists but has not goal yet.
                  This assumption of yours about myself and/or what I have written about in these posts as your 1st sentence is for why?
                  You say: opening the border facilitates AG recognition as if I did not get that from your previous posts -- ----- wrong --- I clearly got that.
                  I am stating opening up the border is the opposite of facilitating AG recognition .
                  We are diametrically opposed on that.
                  When you say: the -- only -- way and underline -- only -- I again strongly disagree with you on that.
                  Neither did you address any of the points I made in ernest that I thought had merit and relavince. --?
                  Artashes

Comment

As your sentence in your reply to me -- you( me - Artashes -) : are pretending that the current effort to recognize AG is working. That is WRONG. How did you come up with that from any of my posts?
                    For the record here is what I (Artashes) think about the AG recognition effort: however ineffective issue still exists but has not goal yet.
                    This assumption of yours about myself and/or what I have written about in these posts as your 1st sentence is for why?
                    You say: opening the border facilitates AG recognition as if I did not get that from your previous posts -- ----- wrong --- I clearly got that.
                    I am stating opening up the border is the opposite of facilitating AG recognition .
                    We are diametrically opposed on that.
                    When you say: the -- only -- way and underline -- only -- I again strongly disagree with you on that.
                    Neither did you address any of the points I made in ernest that I thought had merit and relavince. --?
                    Artashes
                    You are saying that rapprochement with Turkey will undermine efforts of Genocide recognition. Well, in terms of convincing Turkey, how can they get any worse?

If you plan to criticize my idea, then what do you propose? I don't see you coming up with anything. You have yet to explain to me why opening borders is a bad thing, (other than nonsensical reasons such as that it would mean Armenia condones Turkish denial or that trade WOULD NOT be beneficial for Armenia).

Do you, at the very least, agree that antagonism will get Armenia nowhere?

I don't understand the other points you are making.
                    Last edited by davidoga; 07-06-2012, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davidoga View Post
                      You are saying that rapprochement with Turkey will undermine efforts of Genocide recognition. Well, in terms of convincing Turkey, how can they get any worse?

If you plan to criticize my idea, then what do you propose? I don't see you coming up with anything. You have yet to explain to me why opening borders is a bad thing, (other than nonsensical reasons such as that it would mean Armenia condones Turkish denial or that trade WOULD NOT be beneficial for Armenia).

Do you, at the very least, agree that antagonism will get Armenia nowhere?

I don't understand the other points you are making.
                      How can they get any worse --- WAR ---
                      What do I propose --- keep the border closed ---
                      I and others have expressed why opening borders is wrong move.
                      Your accusation f me as nonsensical is unappreciated. Please try expressing yourself without personal insults
                      Armenia is --- not --- antagonizing those who perpetuate the --- GENOCIDE ---.
                      Your last sentence does not surprise me
                      Artashes

Comment

Working...
                      X