Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!


2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.


- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.


8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Do you think Turkey has become a regional Leader?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Re: Do you think Turkey has become a regional Leader?

    Originally posted by Artashes View Post
    Once again you are wrong. It is you that spews nationalist turk crap under the guise of being friendly.
    You have come to an Armenian site with the primary goal of pointing out that you are (?human?). Like all turks you say let's talk but no --- STOLEN --- land shall be given back. So it's not turkish national crap when you say : but we(turk) get to keep all that we've stolen by --- MURDERING --- the indigenous people's but I'm a far right wing nationalist by saying that was my families land not --- any --- turk. Standard turk crap subterfuge. You say you are all for recognition of AG in this post but in previous post you use words like maybe should and might be. Like all but one turk I've heard you claim no relation to the inhuman turks that committed these horrendous atrocities. You say you are going to tell us how you became more sensitive to Armenians (turkish atrocities) but you don't have time now but you have plenty of time to spew turk garbage.
    I'm still waiting for how you became more sensitive.
    You do not need to address me any more. I'm not interested in your plea to be recognized as a human or your phony crap or accusations .
    An Armenian
    Artashes, do you really believe that Armenia is prepared to reclaim this land? What will happen to all the Turks there? Are you prepared for Armenia to become a Muslim-majority nation?
    Ազատություն, արդարություն, ՀՅԴ

    Comment


    • #42
      Re: Do you think Turkey has become a regional Leader?

      Originally posted by davidoga View Post
      Artashes, do you really believe that Armenia is prepared to reclaim this land? What will happen to all the Turks there? Are you prepared for Armenia to become a Muslim-majority nation?
      Oly smokes how did you read any of that into what I just wrote?
      Artashes
      HARK

      Comment


      • #43
        Re: Do you think Turkey has become a regional Leader?

        Originally posted by hrai View Post
        This false border should remain closed until land reparations are made and even then the new border should be kept closed until a time when Armenia would be secure enough to allow it open.
        I see no benefits from opening especially if land reparations improve Armenia's position.
        I feel compelled to say I totally agree with keeping that (false) border closed. And that includes the fantasy that the simi hominoid suddenly grows a heart and finds eyes that can see the truth. I know it's hard but somehow we have to endure.
        Artashes
        HARK

        Comment


        • #44
          Re: Do you think Turkey has become a regional Leader?

          Originally posted by Artashes View Post
          I feel compelled to say I totally agree with keeping that (false) border closed. And that includes the fantasy that the simi hominoid suddenly grows a heart and finds eyes that can see the truth. I know it's hard but somehow we have to endure.
          Artashes

          Turkey will never recognize the genocide if they see Armenia as an enemy state. Benefits of opening border include 1. Increasing likelihood of genocide recognition 2. Exponentially increase the economy 3. Putting pressure on Azerbaijan and pretty much reducing the threat of war to zero.

          There is no down side.

          And yes, I quoted the wrong post, buy you do mention land reclamation elsewhere.
          Ազատություն, արդարություն, ՀՅԴ

          Comment


          • #45
            Re: Do you think Turkey has become a regional Leader?

            Originally posted by davidoga View Post
            Turkey will never recognize the genocide if they see Armenia as an enemy state. Benefits of opening border include
            1. Increasing likelihood of genocide recognition. Increased likelihood of continuation of genocide. What happened when Armenia had a large number of muslims in country?
            2. Exponentially increase the economy. Armenian economy would be ruined by turc and baboons
            3. Putting pressure on Azerbaijan and pretty much reducing the threat of war to zero. After turc and baboons shake hands round Armenia's neck there really would be zero chance of war.

            There is no down side. There is only downside.

            And yes, I quoted the wrong post, buy you do mention land reclamation elsewhere.
            Land reclamation is part and parcel of demands from illegal turc occupiers.
            Sardarabad,1918.

            Comment


            • #46
              Re: Do you think Turkey has become a regional Leader?

              Originally posted by hrai View Post
              Land reclamation is part and parcel of demands from illegal turc occupiers.
              I don't know who edited my post, but I'll respond anyway. There will be no continuation of genocide. That is a baseless accusation. You seem to be forgetting that the present-day Turks are at fault for DENYING genocide, not COMMITTING it.

              Armenia (or at least independent Armenia) never had a Muslim majority population.

              I don't understand what you mean by ruin. Trade is always mutually beneficial.

              Another baseless comment. Establishment of relations between Turkey and Armenia would mean that Turkey accepts that Artsakh is Armenian land. As such, they will have no choice but to criticize the Azeri threats of war.

              Hrai, believe me, I would like that land as well. If we could magically replace all the Turks in Western Armenia with Armenians, we would do it. But we can't. Armenia cannot be in favor of self-determination in one area (Artsakh) but against it in another (Western Armenia). What are we going to say, that because those lands were historically Armenian the desires of the current day residents don't matter?

              It's a different story to ask for landmarks such as Ararat (and Little Ararat) and Ani. They are literally right on the border and are not populated. There will be no irridentism. This is where being friendly with Turkey comes in handy. If we can CONVINCE them that those areas have no significance to Turks (which shouldn't be difficult because nobody argues otherwise), they may be PERSUADED to return this land.

              Again, only possible with friendly attitude. We can achieve nothing against Turkey with antagonistic attitude.
              Ազատություն, արդարություն, ՀՅԴ

              Comment


              • #47
                Re: Do you think Turkey has become a regional Leader?

                Originally posted by davidoga View Post
                I don't know who edited my post, but I'll respond anyway. There will be no continuation of genocide. That is a baseless accusation. You seem to be forgetting that the present-day Turks are at fault for DENYING genocide, not COMMITTING it.

                Armenia (or at least independent Armenia) never had a Muslim majority population.

                I don't understand what you mean by ruin. Trade is always mutually beneficial.

                Another baseless comment. Establishment of relations between Turkey and Armenia would mean that Turkey accepts that Artsakh is Armenian land. As such, they will have no choice but to criticize the Azeri threats of war.

                Hrai, believe me, I would like that land as well. If we could magically replace all the Turks in Western Armenia with Armenians, we would do it. But we can't. Armenia cannot be in favor of self-determination in one area (Artsakh) but against it in another (Western Armenia). What are we going to say, that because those lands were historically Armenian the desires of the current day residents don't matter?

                It's a different story to ask for landmarks such as Ararat (and Little Ararat) and Ani. They are literally right on the border and are not populated. There will be no irridentism. This is where being friendly with Turkey comes in handy. If we can CONVINCE them that those areas have no significance to Turks (which shouldn't be difficult because nobody argues otherwise), they may be PERSUADED to return this land.

                Again, only possible with friendly attitude. We can achieve nothing against Turkey with antagonistic attitude.
                Two points --- trade is always mutually beneficial --- not so. The push for a global economy by (deep pockets) is actually for the benefit of deep pockets. Once an areas economy is dependent on that trade then they (deep pockets) have that area by the weblos. Many small communities in this world are resisting globalization for this reason. Am not saying all trade with others is bad. Am saying this push for globalization and the
                zeals that are pushing it don't have the ordinary persons best interest at heart.
                Second --- if one says the truth to another and that other feels antagonized that doed not mean the one who said the truth is antagonizing the other. That is the --- CON --- that the simi hominoid runs.
                The heartless cons we are dealing with are not going to change.
                We cannot forget who we are dealing with.
                Those who are descended of the actual butchers that want to keep all that the butchers stole and defend the butchers by denial are as incideous as death.
                Artashes
                HARK

                Comment


                • #48
                  Re: Do you think Turkey has become a regional Leader?

                  Originally posted by Antifascist View Post
                  Artashes and Mos,

                  Your ideology is not much different from Grey Wolves of Turkey. Full of discrimination and just based on nationalist/ethnic brotherhood.

                  You are even against me, someone who always speaks out against Turkish nationalism. You are against me just because I am Turkish.

                  For extreme right-winger people like you 'Only Armenians can be real 'brothers' of Armenians'. Just like the extreme right-wing Grey Wolves who say 'Only Turks can be 'brothers' of Turks.'

                  Why do you live your life based on discrimination ? Sad.

                  I spoke clearly. Turkey should apologise and accept the genocide. Compensation can be discussed. But border change ? Don't be crazy. So, if you think like that, how far back to the past does the whole world have to go ? So many borders would have to change then !!! I am not saying this from a 'Turkish perspective'. I am saying this as a realist.

                  So difficult to talk to a nationalist....Turkish, Bulgarian, Armenian, English, Zambian or whatever.
                  You are actually not saying anything original in the above. So don't think you are in a minority amongst those who matter.

                  Maybe you are in a minority here - but who would want to be with the majority! The idiots, the bigots, the fanatics, the self delusionists - those comprise the majority. And that lot are probably only an illusionary majority because they can shout the loudest and make the most noise.
                  Plenipotentiary meow!

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Re: Do you think Turkey has become a regional Leader?

                    Originally posted by Artashes View Post
                    Two points --- trade is always mutually beneficial --- not so. The push for a global economy by (deep pockets) is actually for the benefit of deep pockets. Once an areas economy is dependent on that trade then they (deep pockets) have that area by the weblos. Many small communities in this world are resisting globalization for this reason. Am not saying all trade with others is bad. Am saying this push for globalization and the
                    zeals that are pushing it don't have the ordinary persons best interest at heart.
                    Second --- if one says the truth to another and that other feels antagonized that doed not mean the one who said the truth is antagonizing the other. That is the --- CON --- that the simi hominoid runs.
                    The heartless cons we are dealing with are not going to change.
                    We cannot forget who we are dealing with.
                    Those who are descended of the actual butchers that want to keep all that the butchers stole and defend the butchers by denial are as incideous as death.
                    Artashes
                    By definition, trade is mutually beneficial. Armenia will trade goods for which it has a lower opportunity (i.e. apricots) cost to produce, and Turkey will trade good for which it has a lower opportunity (i.e pistachios) cost to produce.

                    You and I are arguing the same thing in your next point. Armenia has always and will always push for the truth. What's different is the way that Turkey interprets this. Currently the, truth is ANTAGONISTIC because Turkey views Armenia as an enemy. This will change if the two countries make amends.
                    Ազատություն, արդարություն, ՀՅԴ

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Re: Do you think Turkey has become a regional Leader?

                      Originally posted by davidoga View Post
                      I don't know who edited my post, but I'll respond anyway. There will be no continuation of genocide. That is a baseless accusation. You seem to be forgetting that the present-day Turks are at fault for DENYING genocide, not COMMITTING it.
                      Denial of genocide is a stage of and continuation of that genocide. turcs and their brother baboons continued genocide in baku, sumgait etc. Our heroes in Artsakh helped stop this.

                      Armenia (or at least independent Armenia) never had a Muslim majority population.
                      You obviously didn't read that I wrote " a large muslim population" and you obviously don't know the history of the first Armenian republic.

                      I don't understand what you mean by ruin. Trade is always mutually beneficial.
                      That is a ridiculous statement. Ask the african countires who trade with China, ask India how mutually beneficial the trade was with Britain in the British Empire.



                      Hrai, believe me, I would like that land as well. If we could magically replace all the Turks in Western Armenia with Armenians, we would do it. But we can't. Armenia cannot be in favor of self-determination in one area (Artsakh) but against it in another (Western Armenia). What are we going to say, that because those lands were historically Armenian the desires of the current day residents don't matter?
                      Amazing that you consider the rights of the residents of this land in 2012 but seem to dismiss THE SAME RIGHTS for the residents and their descendants of 1915.

                      It's a different story to ask for landmarks such as Ararat (and Little Ararat) and Ani. They are literally right on the border and are not populated. There will be no irridentism. This is where being friendly with Turkey comes in handy. If we can CONVINCE them that those areas have no significance to Turks (which shouldn't be difficult because nobody argues otherwise), they may be PERSUADED to return this land.
                      Reducing a claim for land reclamation to tourist hot-spots? There seems to be a desire to have Armenia as a sort of Theme Park, a destination on your must-do-list.

                      I suggest you research the history of your country.
                      Sardarabad,1918.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X