Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Revolution finally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Revolution finally?

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Mos is a young man effected like most others by the propoganda spewed at him from every media source, I do not blame the young people for being brainwashed like this but i do hope that when people like me and many others give them some information that actually is true that perhaps they will eventually recognize the truth and see things for what they are.
    Eddo both the government and the financial institutions are owned by the same people and so is pretty much everything else. This is what capitalism and manipulation allowed by "democracy" have created-a society where everything is owned by a handful of people. The financial and other institutions are all puppetts because they are all controlled by the same people. Look at what is happening now and you will see what i am talking about. Some regulotory measures were taken by the government to prevent a repeat of the kind of financial crisis we just experienced so now the coorporations and banks are saying "well if you wont let us rape our customers then we will hand on to all this cash and hoard it intead of spending it so your economy will stay in the xxxxhole we created untill you lossen regulations and let us rape customers again. This means that even on those extremly rare occasions when some brave soul actually does try to do something good in government - he will be blackmailed or killed by those who own the system. This is what these protests are about-some people are sick of being abused and are doing what they can to inform others and to stop further abuses. I know many people who look at america with rose collored sunglasses and some will never take those glasses off because reality is harsh and the brain does not like harshness. To see just how deeply corrupt the stock market is all you have to do is buy any stock in the otc market. You will see the price of such stock grow to around $2.00 starting from nothing and a couple months later it will be worth a penny. Then you will find that the people who owned this company are known scammers and that this company never bought any eqipment or hired anyone to do the things it said it was gona do. Then you find out there is nothing you can do about being cheated like this and that while canadian regulators halted trading of this stock almost right from the begining the usa regulators still allow it to trade. Do you think that the canadian regulators are so much smarter? Of course not - the difference is they care more about people being ripped off then the usa regulators do. Yes you can make money in the USA and if you wana make a lot of money there is no better way to do it then to be a scam artist. Yes a scam artists because that tiny number of people who own everything and the fed which creates money out of its ass have in common is not hard work which they tell you will get you ahead but what they do have in common is a system to scam people out of their wealth. That is why they own everything and people own nothing and this is what people are protesting. When people say stop complaining and go get a job well that sound so insulting to a guy who is protesting because he went to school for years and worked at a coorporation for decades lost his job due to the coorporation outsourcing that job to india and now he cant find a job in his field and has to take on a security gaurd job to protect those who stole his job away. These people who own everything know no borders, care about no country or human being, they justcare about maximizing their wealth and have no problem destroyng countries and killing millions to do it. This is what people are protesting. When you mix democracy with capitalism-this is the abusive system you get and it is horrible for humanity. Capitalism creates super rich people and democracy gives these people the tools they need to control the government. This is why the USA is shoving democracy down the throat of the world!
    We can have a mature discussion without character assassinations. When talking about who is young here and who is "brainwashed" first off make your points without attacking the person you are arguing with - this is pretty helpful to heed in arguments in general.

What I am specifically talking about is what factors contributed to the financial woes of the world in the last few years, not about the broad implication of capitalism mixed in with democracy. When analysing such a complex event, you have to look at all the elements that contributed to the financial woes. Yes there were people in corporations and banks, whose greed and at times crimes added to the burden of the financial crisis. With all that said and done, you must also not forget the people who took out loans they couldn't afford! You have people buying million dollar houses that are way beyond their budget and buying things they have no money for. In the end, declaring bankruptcy or being foreclosed, and so forth. You cannot overlook the harm those people have done also. When it comes to "democracy and capitalism" - the problem really is the fact that in a country like US, big businesses and corporations are over-represented and have to much power, coming both from their very strong lobbying (legal bribery) and the fact that the American political culture is very favourable towards big business than lets say Western European countries. Thus they have a lot of power in what they can do, and there's little that a small worker of such a company can do. The culture puts forth rather minimal regulation of such companies by the government and thus they can do pretty much what they want. For example, outsourcing jobs to India and kicking out workers not in India. Just research the defence companies of America and their lobbying. I would say that the system in place in America is not 'democracy' but rather corporate democracy - mixed in also with strong special interests, especially the Israeli lobby.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Akhper jan!

Bro for the last time its all a big ponzi scheme. Federal Reserve, Bretton Woods conformance, World Bank, IMF, Wall Street, Stock derivatives, hedge funds, social security fund, its all a ponzi scheme like Black magic they create money out of nothing. US has no real industry they just create money and they force other nations to use it! Bro when you do research like me you will find out that only 5 percent of the nations money actually exists in cash. There is probably more US dollars in Russia than in the USA. Money in USA is virtual it only shows up in computers statements and credits. If all the US people decided to take their money from banks today there would only be less than 5 percent in cash available. People who work in the industry are involved in the world's biggest ponzi scheme and they are making huge profits over the backs of the sleeping people. The system is fake and its corrupt. Anybody that works in the system is either corrupt or just goin along with it to make money AT OUR EXPENSE! Bro its very difficult to talk to you you have emotional issue. But I love you cuz you are an Armo like all of us. Just stop and think about your ideas. They are WRONG. Power to the people!

Comment

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
        Akhper jan!

Bro for the last time its all a big ponzi scheme. Federal Reserve, Bretton Woods conformance, World Bank, IMF, Wall Street, Stock derivatives, hedge funds, social security fund, its all a ponzi scheme like Black magic they create money out of nothing. US has no real industry they just create money and they force other nations to use it! Bro when you do research like me you will find out that only 5 percent of the nations money actually exists in cash. There is probably more US dollars in Russia than in the USA. Money in USA is virtual it only shows up in computers statements and credits. If all the US people decided to take their money from banks today there would only be less than 5 percent in cash available. People who work in the industry are involved in the world's biggest ponzi scheme and they are making huge profits over the backs of the sleeping people. The system is fake and its corrupt. Anybody that works in the system is either corrupt or just goin along with it to make money AT OUR EXPENSE! Bro its very difficult to talk to you you have emotional issue. But I love you cuz you are an Armo like all of us. Just stop and think about your ideas. They are WRONG. Power to the people!
        All I am asking for is credible sources. Saying something is a ponzi scheme doesn't make it so. Usually there needs to be credible evidence from credible sources to verify a claim. Anyone in academia knows this.It's not an "emotional issue" to me - I just don't like when people say something without providing credible sources to back up their claims - or else we could all claim that we are billionaires and discuss ridiculous conspiracy theories without a shred of evidence. The causes of the financial crisis have been studied and analysed by an array of academicians, economists, etc. Ignoring what a multitude of experts in academia is a great dishonour to knowledge in general and is really short-sighted and amateur. So what ever claim you make, whatever large inference you make (which has massive implications) should be supported - you cannot just say it and tell us to believe you, it doesn't work that way.
        Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
        ---
        "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Aint my job to educate you Mos. Everyone here is telling you something and you are refusing to listen to us. So the problem is in your head. You are attacking America but you defend Wall Street? Oh but most Wall Street executives are good people, oh but its the peoples fault the banks were encouraging dumping loans they knew the people cant pay back on them. What the heck is wrong with you? What about the billions of dollars that continues to disappear in Wall Street while the middle class shrinks in America and millions are impoverished. Bro not my job to provide you with credible sources for anything. I think you are old enough to research yourself. But first you need to learn to understand what you are reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
            Aint my job to educate you Mos. Everyone here is telling you something and you are refusing to listen to us. So the problem is in your head. You are attacking America but you defend Wall Street? Oh but most Wall Street executives are good people, oh but its the peoples fault the banks were encouraging dumping loans they knew the people cant pay back on them. What the heck is wrong with you? What about the billions of dollars that continues to disappear in Wall Street while the middle class shrinks in America and millions are impoverished. Bro not my job to provide you with credible sources for anything. I think you are old enough to research yourself. But first you need to learn to understand what you are reading.
            Everybody here are not experts in the world financial markets/banking and don't have enough credibility to make such a statements. Unless the argument here is supported by an array of reputable, academic evidence, then I am not going to take anyone's word. It's called making an academic argument. It seems a lot of people will talk big here, but they refuse to back up their big words by academic proof, nor do they address the flaws in their viewpoints. An argument like that would be ridiculed and ripped to shreds in an academic setting (university). The burden of proof lies on you to proof your statement which is extraordinary in nature. If you cannot, then your statement and arguments are worthless.

Asking for academic proof is defending Wall Street? Where is the logic? And all I highlighted is the complexity of the issue that you are making a statement about.
            Last edited by Mos; 10-19-2011, 07:01 AM.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              Everybody here are not experts in the world financial markets/banking and don't have enough credibility to make such a statements. Unless the argument here is supported by an array of reputable, academic evidence, then I am not going to take anyone's word. It's called making an academic argument. It seems a lot of people will talk big here, but they refuse to back up their big words by academic proof, nor do they address the flaws in their viewpoints. An argument like that would ridiculed and ripped to shreds in an academic setting (university). The burden of proof lies on you to proof your statement which is extraordinary in nature. If you cannot, then your statement and arguments are worthless.

Asking for academic proof is defending Wall Street? Where is the logic? And all I highlighted is the complexity of the issue that you are making a statement about.
              Very good Mos.....everyone should think like that. Don't let anyone make your mind up for you, especially swinging dcks on this forum (including me).

Al Jazeera has this video on the subject, kind of interesting.
              News, analysis from the Middle East & worldwide, multimedia & interactives, opinions, documentaries, podcasts, long reads and broadcast schedule.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
                Everybody here are not experts in the world financial markets/banking and don't have enough credibility to make such a statements. Unless the argument here is supported by an array of reputable, academic evidence, then I am not going to take anyone's word. It's called making an academic argument. It seems a lot of people will talk big here, but they refuse to back up their big words by academic proof, nor do they address the flaws in their viewpoints. An argument like that would ridiculed and ripped to shreds in an academic setting (university). The burden of proof lies on you to proof your statement which is extraordinary in nature. If you cannot, then your statement and arguments are worthless.

I'm an expert in gambling and I know never to bet money that you can't afford to lose

Here is something about the stock market.... you can buy stock in say Apple and it doesn't pay dividends (meaning there is no real profit and the stock price depends on how 'hot' the item is). However, if you INVEST in the companies in Asia that actually supply Apple they take your investment and pay dividends from their profit because they use your money to buy raw materials and equipment for their factories and get paid for producing something. They make the products, Apple doesn't produce anything!!! All they do is market/advertise/hype

Entire humanity is bullsh!t if you think about it... we put a value on things and then work to pay for those things we value. In the modern world, I'd say an automobile has more value than human life.... meaning that a car consumes more energy than human life.
                Last edited by KanadaHye; 10-18-2011, 11:17 PM.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

The British situation now that is on the BBC and mentioned on many news radios.

Comment

And Greece with the protestors with the recent bond deal due.
                    I heard about Slovakia somewhere on the news radio...

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                      I'm an expert in gambling and I know never to bet money that you can't afford to lose

Here is something about the stock market.... you can buy stock in say Apple and it doesn't pay dividends (meaning there is no real profit and the stock price depends on how 'hot' the item is). However, if you INVEST in the companies in Asia that actually supply Apple they take your investment and pay dividends from their profit because they use your money to buy raw materials and equipment for their factories and get paid for producing something. They make the products, Apple doesn't produce anything!!! All they do is market/advertise/hype

Entire humanity is bullsh!t if you think about it... we put a value on things and then work to pay for those things we value. In the modern world, I'd say an automobile has more value than human life.... meaning that a car consumes more energy than human life.
                      Apple I would say doesn't produce the products physically (third party manufactures do it in China) but they produce the ideas and software, which in this day is the key thing. That being said, we can discuss the issues of humanity, materials, and even stock market in a philosophical manner as the ideas are interesting and there are things to be said. However, we cannot allow ourselves to all of sudden become experts in finance and world markets, and make conclusions based just on our reasoning. We can have opinions and thoughts, but we don't have the authority to turn those opinions in to definite statements and impose it on other people.
                      Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                      ---

Comment

Working...
                      X