Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Revolution finally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Revolution finally?

If you cannot make conclusions based on reasoning then what is the point of reasoning? Who says you cannot turn your thoughts into definite statements? Do you listen to yourselve? We have brains to gather information, analyze it and to fomrconclusions which decide what actions we take -this is how it works for normal people. People see they are getting screwd so they are going after those who are screwing them and they have every right to do that. You can sit home and watch it on tv if you like but you dont have the right to tell them that they "dont have a right to turn opinions into definite statements" when those opinions and statements are based on hard facts!
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

SERJ TANKIAN SUPPORTS OCCUPY WALL STREET PROTERSTERS

Tert.am

Famous American-Armenian singer Serj Tankian expressed support with
      the Occupy Wall Street protesters in the United States.

"I hope that the Occupy Wall Street movement truly turns into a
      political force that pulls the Democrats to the much needed left, as
      the Tea Party moved the Republicans toward the right. More importantly,
      it's a celebration of the fact that the current post-industrial,
      capital based, globalist agenda has failed due to its built in unjust
      inequalities and the loss of faith of its adherents, the general
      public," the singer said on his Facebook page.
      Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
        SERJ TANKIAN SUPPORTS OCCUPY WALL STREET PROTERSTERS

Tert.am

Famous American-Armenian singer Serj Tankian expressed support with
        the Occupy Wall Street protesters in the United States.

"I hope that the Occupy Wall Street movement truly turns into a
        political force that pulls the Democrats to the much needed left, as
        the Tea Party moved the Republicans toward the right. More importantly,
        it's a celebration of the fact that the current post-industrial,
        capital based, globalist agenda has failed due to its built in unjust
        inequalities and the loss of faith of its adherents, the general
        public," the singer said on his Facebook page.
        I think the lyrics to "Unthinking Majority" best describes the current political arena.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          I think the lyrics to "Unthinking Majority" best describes the current political arena.
          No man those in politics are thinking very hard about THEMSELVES!
          Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
            If you cannot make conclusions based on reasoning then what is the point of reasoning? Who says you cannot turn your thoughts into definite statements? Do you listen to yourselve? We have brains to gather information, analyze it and to fomrconclusions which decide what actions we take -this is how it works for normal people. People see they are getting screwd so they are going after those who are screwing them and they have every right to do that. You can sit home and watch it on tv if you like but you dont have the right to tell them that they "dont have a right to turn opinions into definite statements" when those opinions and statements are based on hard facts!
            As I said, all of us can make conclusions based on our reasoning. Nothing is stopping us from doing that and it doesn't stop also some of the lunatic conspiracy theorists in the world in making their own conclusions. That's not the point. The point is you can't based off of your own reasoning alone, declare your conclusion to be fact, especially when the conclusion itself is rather extra-ordinary and rather wide-reaching. If you want to be taken seriously, and actually have at least some legitimacy to your points you need to support your reasoning and conclusion with an array of legitimate, academic evidence which comes from experts, professors, studies that all have serious expertise in the field and whose reasoning has legitimacy in the academic world. All of us can make a good argument, but in the end of the day if you want your argument to have some academic credibility it needs to have a solid support from external sources. I can just imagine if some people here were to write a thesis in economics regarding the "ponzi scheme" of the whole financial system in an academic setting like a research university - with the current reasoning and lack of evidence thatI see - their "conclusions" would be ridiculed and shred to pieces. So, I could care less what your opinion is or what reasoning you used or how good you think you know the financial system, if you are trying to convince me or anybody of a point, you are going to have to use solid academic proof to make me consider your viewpoint, or else without such proof, it's worthless.
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              As I said, all of us can make conclusions based on our reasoning. Nothing is stopping us from doing that and it doesn't stop also some of the lunatic conspiracy theorists in the world in making their own conclusions. That's not the point. The point is you can't based off of your own reasoning alone, declare your conclusion to be fact, especially when the conclusion itself is rather extra-ordinary and rather wide-reaching. If you want to be taken seriously, and actually have at least some legitimacy to your points you need to support your reasoning and conclusion with an array of legitimate, academic evidence which comes from experts, professors, studies that all have serious expertise in the field and whose reasoning has legitimacy in the academic world. All of us can make a good argument, but in the end of the day if you want your argument to have some academic credibility it needs to have a solid support from external sources. I can just imagine if some people here were to write a thesis in economics regarding the "ponzi scheme" of the whole financial system in an academic setting like a research university - with the current reasoning and lack of evidence thatI see - their "conclusions" would be ridiculed and shred to pieces. So, I could care less what your opinion is or what reasoning you used or how good you think you know the financial system, if you are trying to convince me or anybody of a point, you are going to have to use solid academic proof to make me consider your viewpoint, or else without such proof, it's worthless.
              Ok, but Zionism isn't a conspiracy.... neither was Pan-Turkism... or Americanization...
              "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                Ok, but Zionism isn't a conspiracy.... neither was Pan-Turkism... or Americanization...
                Zionism is not a hypothesis or assumption, it's an idealogy/mindset, same with Pan-Turkism. I doubt you have people arguing over whether Zionism is real or not. Americanisation I see more as a term used to describe the influence and change caused by American culture and economy in other countries.
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Global Research is a media group of writers, journalists and activists and based in Montreal, Canada, and a registered non profit organization.
                  Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Well the article itself is weak and it's definitely not an academic article - it seems to be more an opinionated article devoid of any real analysis of substantial references, not to mention the nature of the website it was published on. Now when it comes to what the author is saying - it's pretty typical rant about the control of the world via a small elite - in essence very similar to the New World Order conspiracy theorists. Again, like he does in his article, we can have an interesting discussion about how much real control we think this elite has over the world and what their real intentions are. I think it's pretty obvious first off, that large multi-national companies and the top people in them yield a lot of power and can make many things happen. These elites naturally will have a lot of control over governments, for example through lobbying efforts which comes with their money - all this is accepted fact. Now saying that there is this "plan for the world" which includes genocides, wars, etc. in order to control the world is crossing the line into indefinite and unsupported statements. It's a far-fetched assumption and not an analytical or academic conclusion - and if you ask me, just fringe paranoia.

I'm still waiting for Serjik to provide me with substantial academic proof that all the world markets, stocks, financial system is a "ponzi scheme"
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

Re: Revolution finely?

Originally posted by Serjik View Post
                      Aper how old are you? Wall Street and Washington creates virtual money and they force the world to use it. Its one big damn ponzi-scheme! The dollar is fake! Banks create money out of thin air. Stocks derivatives are also fake they are virtual realities made up by some mathematician and then they sell it to the naive people for mega profit. Its all a hoax like black magic!
                      Quite a wise observation. There is too much money that is not real money (most of it is not backed up by things that have real value). And what does America do to solve this problem of too much worthless money being unable to find things of value to attach to - it prints even more billions of the stuff!
                      Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Working...
                      X