Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Zimmerman Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zimmerman Case

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
    I hope you aren't referring to me personally, because you don't know me from Adam... See, what happens when you shoot first and think or ask questions later is that you make errors. You disagreed with me without even bothering to learn my position first. You obviously didn't even read my second paragraph. The self-defense was indeed changed -- by Florida in 2005.
    No, I know where my shots go.....doesn't matter where you stand on this, you come across social engineer Adam or not, a danger to our God given rights (Inalienable rights) and the constitution and the second amendment that is already under attack.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
      No, I know where my shots go.....doesn't matter where you stand on this, you come across social engineer Adam or not, a danger to our God given rights (Inalienable rights) and the constitution and the second amendment that is already under attack.
      Do you really think that my summary reflects something about my views about the second amendment?
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

There is an analogy to be made here with NBA rules. If someone is driving towards the basket, you run in front of them, you get called for a foul. But if you are standing with your feet planted and the other player runs into you, you get the "stand your ground protection."

The stupidity in Florida is that basically you can run around with a gun and as soon as you feel threatened for your life you can shoot. That is really xxxxin dumb. If you are at home with your gun and someone breaks into your house, sure go ahead, shoot them. But if you are running around the street looking to "stand your ground", then we run into the sort of vigilante killing that Zimmerman ended up doing. I am sure he was threatened and he probably had a good reason to shoot ... but he should not get blanket protection under this "stand your ground" stupidity. There has to be legal consequences.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
          There is an analogy to be made here with NBA rules. If someone is driving towards the basket, you run in front of them, you get called for a foul. But if you are standing with your feet planted and the other player runs into you, you get the "stand your ground protection."

The stupidity in Florida is that basically you can run around with a gun and as soon as you feel threatened for your life you can shoot. That is really xxxxin dumb. If you are at home with your gun and someone breaks into your house, sure go ahead, shoot them. But if you are running around the street looking to "stand your ground", then we run into the sort of vigilante killing that Zimmerman ended up doing. I am sure he was threatened and he probably had a good reason to shoot ... but he should not get blanket protection under this "stand your ground" stupidity. There has to be legal consequences.
          That's a good analogy. That's what the problem is with how they changed the self-defense law. You can go instigate a confrontation or fight and then kill the other person saying you felt threatened. That's crap.

Just look at the kind of xxxx happening in Florida... You have this moron shooting at an SUV full of teens because he didn't like their "thug music" . He's claiming he thought he saw a gun in the window.
          Police officers and military have training and that training is invaluable in being able to quickly assess a situation and even they are vulnerable to making grave mistakes such as in the case of Amadou Diallo where police opened fire on an unarmed man on his own front porch because they thought the wallet he pulled from his jacket was a gun. We cannot have civilians running around as vigilantes opening fire on shoplifters and youth playing rap music.
          [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
          -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

I agree,people get shot every day (sadly) but it went to the courts because it was a murder.
            This case should have never maded to the courts, it wasted tax payers money for special interest groups who want to start a race war.

You know what is the best think about the outcome of this......he gets to have his gun back.
            Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

I am contributing
              Nothing, I get it... You just wanted to start a thread and pretend to contribute to discussion here.
              Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                Well sip this is not a basketball game.....people lives are at stake.

The stupidity in Florida is that basically you can run around with a gun and as soon as you feel threatened for your life you can shoot. That is really xxxxin dumb.
                How did you come up with that conclusion, nobody does that and there has not been one case like that in any state. Simply put if someone come at you with a knife you have the right to protect yourself with your knife or a gun. Best situation is to avoid the conflict but the law is with you if you stand your ground instead of running away (if you can).

If you are at home with your gun and someone breaks into your house, sure go ahead, shoot them.
                Just make sure you don't shoot your spouse or your kid. Even in these situations you must act responsibly and only use deadly force if your or your family lives are in danger, also be aware where your shots go and what types of ammo/gun you are using as to not penetrate neighbors house.

But if you are running around the street looking to "stand your ground", then we run into the sort of vigilante killing that Zimmerman ended up doing. I am sure he was threatened and he probably had a good reason to shoot ... but he should not get blanket protection under this "stand your ground" stupidity. There has to be legal consequences.
                Zimmerman was on a neighborhood watch, he had a legal license to carry firearms, it did not matter what race the person is I would have profiled and confronted him as well in those circumstances, however I would have identified myself and keep it professional instead getting into a pissing match.
                Both had a chance to avoid the conflict but Trayvon threw the first punch and decided to take Zimmerman out by banging his head against the ground.
                So what you want to do, sentence him to 20 years in prison for self defense, have you ever served as a jury in a criminal case and do you understand how the process works and why these laws have worked forever?

Nobody has the facts that the Jurors in this case had, people speak as if they know all the fact.....I am glad that there were six women who came up with this decision and I am sure if it were 6 men it would have been the same verdict why? because it is the right thing to do in this case however with six white men that would have caused more racial problems.

I wonder how many people lost their bets on this trial.....sick, this not entertainment, this not a joke or a game, people's lives and future are at stake
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Well sip this is not a basketball game.....people lives are at stake.

How did you come up with that conclusion, nobody does that and there has not been one case like that in any state. Simply put if someone come at you with a knife you have the right to protect yourself with your knife or a gun. Best situation is to avoid the conflict but the law is with you if you stand your ground instead of running away (if you can).

Just make sure you don't shoot your spouse or your kid. Even in these situations you must act responsibly and only use deadly force if your or your family lives are in danger, also be aware where your shots go and what types of ammo/gun you are using as to not penetrate neighbors house.

Zimmerman was on a neighborhood watch, he had a legal license to carry firearms, it did not matter what race the person is I would have profiled and confronted him as well in those circumstances, however I would have identified myself and keep it professional instead getting into a pissing match.
                  Both had a chance to avoid the conflict but Trayvon threw the first punch and decided to take Zimmerman out by banging his head against the ground.
                  So what you want to do, sentence him to 20 years in prison for self defense, have you ever served as a jury in a criminal case and do you understand how the process works and why these laws have worked forever?

Nobody has the facts that the Jurors in this case had, people speak as if they know all the fact.....I am glad that there were six women who came up with this decision and I am sure if it were 6 men it would have been the same verdict why? because it is the right thing to do in this case however with six white men that would have caused more racial problems.

I wonder how many people lost their bets on this trial.....sick, this not entertainment, this not a joke or a game, people's lives and future are at stake
                  First off, there's no way to know who instigated the fight
                  second of all, if the kid was the one who started it, he had every right to do so
                  this zimmerman was nothing but a loser in life, with a hero complex, he wasn't a soldier, he wasn't a cop, he was just a 30 year old nobody, still in community college, with a history of aggression and problems with the law
                  When you get hassled and stereotyped your whole life based on your race, you have every right to retaliate
                  not that it even compares to 1% of what blacks go through, but anytime one of my coworkers ask me "how Armenians manage to buy those cars" or "why Armenians behave" like this or that (implying Armenians steal), I don't try to defend Armenians, I make them feel stupid for even having asked the question, so they never ask the same question to someone else. Now imagine that a 100 times over, that's what you get as a black person. So you have every God damn right no retaliate when some nobody loser stereotypes you and decides to go after you based on your race

Comment

You can go instigate a confrontation or fight and then kill the other person saying you felt threatened.
                    Doesn't that also sum up American foreign policy over the last few decades.

..and also the American policy on the killing of its own citizens. "...the killing of US citizens is lawful if they pose an "imminent threat" of violent attack against the US, and capture is impossible. The document adopts a broad definition of imminence, saying no evidence of a specific plot is needed" http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/se...hite_Paper.pdf and http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...osition-matrix
                    Last edited by bell-the-cat; 07-18-2013, 05:10 AM.
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                      First off, there's no way to know who instigated the fight
                      Correct.

Originally posted by Mher View Post
                      this zimmerman was nothing but a loser in life
                      That's an odd follow-up. Is this a fact, because you present it to be?

Comment

Working...
                      X