Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Zimmerman Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zimmerman Case

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
    And all of the research showing that the conviction rate is higher for black persons in otherwise identical crimes? Or that white victim with black defendant is the most likely combination to get a conviction (compared to black victim and white defendant, or white/white, etc.).

You may think that race would have no impact for you if you were a juror, but it simply isn't the case on the whole.
    Many people cannot imagine what it is like to be black in USA. Even if you ignore all the suffering blacks endured before (slavery,racism,segregation..) and base things on the present you will still see that race plays an important factor. If you are a black man looking for a job you never really know if you did not get that job because there was a better candidate or simply because there was a white candidate.
    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

And all of the research showing that the conviction rate is higher for black persons in otherwise identical crimes? Or that white victim with black defendant is the most likely combination to get a conviction (compared to black victim and white defendant, or white/white, etc.).

You may think that race would have no impact for you if you were a juror, but it simply isn't the case on the whole.
      You may want to look up the fact that who has benefited the most and have gotten off the hook from this self defense law in court systems......yes, it is the African Americans.

As a Juror you have certain instructions that you must follow, even as a racists it would be hard not follow the rules and at most you will get a hung jury, unless everyone of those Jurors decided to go with race.

To add:

In a US criminal justice system, after a long Jury selection system by the defense and prosecutions, at the end of the trial the jury is instructed on the laws and its procedures in this type of the case by the Judge. As a Juror it is your responsibility to pass your vote/decision based on laws, evidence presented, testimonies, and anything the court decides that should not be used as evidence instead of passing judgment based on feelings, assumptions, mistrust, or race.

The US justice system is far from perfect and race does play a role in overall indictments.....however to me it is the best we have compared to all other countries.
      Last edited by Eddo211; 07-23-2013, 07:55 PM.
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
        You may want to look up the fact that who has benefited the most and have gotten off the hook from this self defense law in court systems......yes, it is the African Americans.

As a Juror you have certain instructions that you must follow, even as a racists it would be hard not follow the rules and at most you will get a hung jury, unless everyone of those Jurors decided to go with race.

To add:

In a US criminal justice system, after a long Jury selection system by the defense and prosecutions, at the end of the trial the jury is instructed on the laws and its procedures in this type of the case by the Judge. As a Juror it is your responsibility to pass your vote/decision based on laws, evidence presented, testimonies, and anything the court decides that should not be used as evidence instead of passing judgment based on feelings, assumptions, mistrust, or race.

The US justice system is far from perfect and race does play a role in overall indictments.....however to me it is the best we have compared to all other countries.
        You're not reading what I'm actually saying and instead you're giving me very general descriptions of the responsibilities of jurors? I'm familiar with criminal law, criminal procedure, and the rules of evidence... What I am saying is different. I am telling you there's a large body of research showing that holding everything else constant except the race of the defendant, black defendants are more likely to be convicted (this is especially true if the victim is white).

So to say that race doesn't influence legal outcomes is demonstrably false.

I am not saying that that is what happened in the Zimmerman trial. In that instance, I think it's the law itself that's the problem.

With that clarified, I'd rather not go in circles with you because you seem to think that if one acknowledges that there's some bias in the legal system then one must also be hell bent on repealing the 2nd amendment or something. You're confounding the issues; they're independent. It's possible to support the people's right to bear arms while simultaneously believing Florida's self-defense law to be overly broad and dangerous.
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
        -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

You're not reading what I'm actually saying and instead you're giving me very general descriptions of the responsibilities of jurors? I'm familiar with criminal law, criminal procedure, and the rules of evidence... What I am saying is different. I am telling you there's a large body of research showing that holding everything else constant except the race of the defendant, black defendants are more likely to be convicted (this is especially true if the victim is white).

So to say that race doesn't influence legal outcomes is demonstrably false.
          It seems you are the one who is not reading what I am saying.....I did acknowledge in my post that race does play a role in convictions, indictments (see last paragraph of my last post) and you know what? in overall picture of the justice system and the ones who get away with murder the most are the foxy white females compared to black females.

I am not saying that that is what happened in the Zimmerman trial. In that instance, I think it's the law itself that's the problem.

With that clarified, I'd rather not go in circles with you because you seem to think that if one acknowledges that there's some bias in the legal system then one must also be hell bent on repealing the 2nd amendment or something. You're confounding the issues; they're independent. It's possible to support the people's right to bear arms while simultaneously believing Florida's self-defense law to be overly broad and dangerous.
          Like I said, you mam are a "Social Engineer" who wants to change well proven laws in effect for hundreds of years just because you don't like the juries verdict and you play judge and jury......people like you are the ones who are a bigger threat to our liberty and God given rights than the enemy abroad.
          B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

It seems you are the one who is not reading what I am saying.....I did acknowledge in my post that race does play a role in convictions, indictments (see last paragraph of my last post) and you know what? in overall picture of the justice system and the ones who get away with murder the most are the foxy white females compared to black females.
            That's an interesting claim, why do you think that?

Like I said, you mam are a "Social Engineer" who wants to change well proven laws in effect for hundreds of years just because you don't like the juries verdict and you play judge and jury......people like you are the ones who are a bigger threat to our liberty and God given rights than the enemy abroad.
            You sir are building a StrawSiggie to avoid what I'm actually saying.
            This is now the second time, I'm pointing this out to you... How is 2005 hundreds of years ago?! I am talking about FLORIDA'S STAND YOUR GROUND law which was passed in 2005 changing the then existing self-defense law and not self-defense generally. How do I socially engineer you into a better listener?

[COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

I wonder if StrawSiggie would like to become a moderator here and settle all these arguments
              this post = teh win.

Comment

Stand your ground law is in effect in more than 20 states and its not the case in Zimmerman trial and so unique to Florida Siggie.......you can point out all you want, I can read between lines, you are as transparent as it can be.

The best would be for you not to visit Florida and all them other states.......follow the sheeple directed by celebreties and watch Hollywood R rated movies.
                B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Stand your ground law is in effect in more than 20 states and its not the case in Zimmerman trial and so unique to Florida Siggie.......you can point out all you want, I can read between lines, you are as transparent as it can be.

The best would be for you not to visit Florida and all them other states.......follow the sheeple directed by celebreties and watch Hollywood R rated movies.
                  What's that? I couldn't hear you over TMZ...

This time the StrawSiggie is a vapid star-eyed celebrity obsessed sheep? SMH

That law is not in effect in more than 20 states. That count includes states with castle doctrine that's limited to "your premises/" (e.g. Colorado, California, etc.), but that is different from Florida which used to have that same law, but AGAIN changed it in 2005 to make it even broader by removing any duty to retreat ever (not limited to your premises).

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                  I wonder if StrawSiggie would like to become a moderator here and settle all these arguments
                  I'm not even trying to settle any argument. From the first, he came ready to paint anyone saying that the outcome left some sense of justice lacking with these broad stereotypical ultra-liberal strokes. He's made the same incorrect statement three times now. That's what I corrected. Otherwise, he's perfectly entitled to his opinion about the law and the way it was applied in this case. We're talking about a value judgment there. Saying that FL's self-defense law is the same as in 20odd states and hundreds of years old though, is not a value judgment it's a statement of fact which happens to be incorrect.

Comment

Hmmm .... what are those "God-given rights"? God and his supporters seems mostly interested in taking away rights - though for some occasions that's good, if you count the right to kill and the right to bear false witness as "rights" (though the military-arm of the God-fearing USA seems to think it never needs to abide by those two restrictions, especially if it concerns that "enemy abroad"). And He/She/It is not at all interested in judges and juries ("judge not, lest ye be judged", etc - or as Marge Simpson said, and as numerous religious fanatics since religion began have enacted, "just kill 'em all and let God decide").
                    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

... it's a statement of fact which happens to be incorrect.
                      Since when do the NRA propaganda sheeple care about facts? Hmmm, it's kinda fun calling the others sheeple. Makes things so much easier to "argue"

Now having said that, Eddo, I hope you realize what the "Sig" in Siggie's name means
                      this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                      X