Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

American Spirit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Spirit

I have to create a film for my cinema class. Normally, I would love doing this, it's my career, but there are rules I have to follow and the professor has picked the "topic" of the film.

It has to be a short film (6 minutes) and the topic is "Chase." The film must consist of something following or chasing something else. It can be one person going after another, a car going after a person, a dog going after an elephant... anything. It doesn't necessarily have to be an action chase sequence, a simple "following someone" will do, as long as it's done nicely.

I hate when I have to follow rules because I can't be creative. The storyboard is due tomorrow and I drew some meaningless pictures. As long as we turn in a revised storyboard when filming is complete, we'll be okay, so I'm turning this one in like this.

So, help me think of an idea. What should it be out? Nothing cheesy (horror film, action film) and yet something simple. I had a great idea about rape (no, really, it was good) but I can't use more than 10% dialogue (ugh, another rule!). So shoot me some ideas. Here's some from past students:

1) Woman breaks up with man and leaves him. Man has flashbacks of their time together and runs after her. After he finally finds her at a bus stop, they get back together.

2) Woman walks down the street and a man follows her. He tries to impress her by dancing for her. She shrugs him off. The man gets his two friends to join and they dance again. She walks away. The man chases after her until she finally takes off her jacket and dances on her own. Impressed, the man's friends join her until the man himself joins and it's a dance-a-thon. They kiss. Movie's over.

Re: My Brain Gives Up

why to create scenarios like in points 1 & 2?, just ask a friend of yours or two of them, you'll be two or three on the street and from different angles of views pick someone walking and follow him/her and shoot all together, then proceed to a nice mixing and add some music which is assorted with the shooting, that's I can suggest and of course wishing good luckl

Comment

I'm not trying to recreate those scenarios, I was giving examples.

As for yours, thanks, but it's too plain. There are so many projects I've seen that have no storyline and it's 99% chase sequence. I want a story in there but can't think of one without incorporating some dialogue. I also don't like the idea that I have to end up making my characters chase either. It feels too cheesy.
      Last edited by One-Way; 10-23-2008, 08:40 PM.

Comment

well in any case you will need the assistance of several persons, why don't you try chasing a thief who you surprised in your room, or a pickpocket who took the bag of a lady? for the second one running within the crowd would give some action, sorry for delaying answers, but meantime I'm going to other threads

Comment

The whole thing could be shots of you, with a camera, chasing the perfect subject. You are going around, trying hard to get the perfect shot. But every time at the worst possible moment, something goes wrong .. something blocks your shot so you end up chasing it.

Of course we never get to see the subject but if done well, I think this would be kinda cool and at the same time paradoxical and sh!t.
          this post = teh win.

Comment

That's a good idea. Too bad we're using miniDV cameras and no matter how steady, it's going to look horrible. Unless, of course, it's about a guy with a camera (or a digital camera) like a tourist, trying to take the best shots of LA. Except something keeps going wrong and he has to move around. But... what's he chasing?

We can't really make this film "artsy" so he can't be chasing "the perfect shot." This has potential, Sip. We need to figure it out.

Comment

Let's say he has a friend, and he wants his friend to pose in front of all the famous shots in LA, but something keeps going wrong. It wouldn't exactly be him chasing his friend to find the perfect shot, it's more of "chasing the perfect photograph" and it wouldn't work. It has to be someone chasing someone else.

Comment

make something like this

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Maybe if my name was Guy Ritchie.

Comment

I tend to make better films when I wing it. When I've got the camera rolling, no story, I end up making some really nice films. I'm thinking of having a very, very simple story. Boy chases girl. Go shoot that, and incorporate the story later. Sounds stupid, but it's better than beating up myself over it.

Comment

Working...
                    X