Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Cultural disappearance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its called progress. in 88 years theyve invented a couple of things like the telephone and other modern wonders that have an effect on people. just because they changed doesnt mean theyve assimilated. they are still armenians and most of them have a lot more armenian culture than "american culture"

Comment

Well since I don't know what in God's bong you two are talking about so I'll just post Turkey-themed images and wait for this thread to be in page 2 of the threads.

Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian its called progress. in 88 years theyve invented a couple of things like the telephone and other modern wonders that have an effect on people. just because they changed doesnt mean theyve assimilated. they are still armenians and most of them have a lot more armenian culture than "american culture"
        Then what do you call all those youngsters going out of their miserable ways to act black, gangsta...bla bla? I don't know if you've noticed, but most armenians in the Diaspora don't put much importance on marrying an Armenian. They say, hey, if it's love, then race/ethnicity doesn't matter. Sadly, I USED TO think the same way, until I moved to California from another state (which had virtually no Armenians there, which is why I chose to move to CA) and realized how close to extinction we really are, whether you like it or not. Face it, our culture is going down the drain, unless we are willing to go back.

Comment

This doesn't necessarily apply to Armenians.

I mean all of Europe, by 2050 will be majority non-"white", and "white" is simply a political term I'll have you know, no different than "black".

While some people are more "Caucasoid" or "Negroid" has no bearing on such terms as "white or black".

Europe itself is in population implosion so by 2050 it will be majority "non white" as its labor force is comprised mostly of non citizens of the said countries.

But then again, no one has ever had a fixed identity for all time, so identities and peoples and cultures eventually do change, disappear, and give birth to new ones. Outcomes can be reversed but it is hard and as usually is the case, no one is excused from the laws of history and sadly to say that Armenians will do disappear at a given time.

What puzzles me is that only "white" countries, namely "Europe" and "America", embrace the idea of "diversity" and "multiculturalism" while other countries don't.

"Multiculturalism" or "diversity" is one of the many variables of why all empires and civilizations fall eventually ( one of the variables of chaos theory ).

One can argue that diversity in the U.S. will eventually result in the empire splitting, much like Rome, or the Soviet Union, into smaller territories respective of the groups that comprise it.

So the idea that "diversity" is healthy, from the standpoint of maintaining homogeneity is fallacious, and homogeneity is one of the pillars of the "State".

Cheers.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

but the soviet union was never a homogeneous state. russia basically just took over its neighbors then after a while everyone wanted out again. and by the way europe doesnt exactly embrace diversity, they still have some brains left. we Armenians are a result of assimilation, we come from a mix or urartians and tribes from the greek peninsula htat took over and mixed with the urartians. or so thats how one of the most popular theories goes.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian but the soviet union was never a homogeneous state. russia basically just took over its neighbors then after a while everyone wanted out again. and by the way europe doesnt exactly embrace diversity, they still have some brains left. we Armenians are a result of assimilation, we come from a mix or urartians and tribes from the greek peninsula htat took over and mixed with the urartians. or so thats how one of the most popular theories goes.
              I didn't the SU was a homogenous state. Other States however do claim homogeneity. It crumbled because of forcing other cultures into one single State. Take a look a Japan for example, no matter how much it talks of 'diversity' or imports western goods and movies, Japan has remained characteristically Japanese.

Europe embraces diversity. If you haven't noticed this, take a look at the two major European countries such as France and UK. Other countries such as Spain or Germany have a labor force that is mainly from other countries.

I know Armenians are a result of influences and amalgamations of different peoples, and you probably didn't know this without reading Armenian ethnogenesis, but so is everyone else, that is my point. No one is "pure". But after a certain point those influences have created a distinct culture. Now with that said, if those people disappear then so does their culture, it's simply logical. "Armenians" have historically been blessed in that they have been able to absorb and take influences from other peoples and survive and grow, extremely resilient. However, at one point they will eventually be absorbed by someone else with the new onset of interconnectedness throughout the world and population shifts and mass immigrations. They aren't confined to that region of the Armenian plateau as they have historically been, and therefore can't absorb the influences that come and go, they are now spread out on a world scale.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

well then if what you are saying is true the world should eventually be one big nationality with no distinctions at all and we will all have beige skin and brown hair and be 5 10 and have brown eyes. oh how uninteresting and disgusting the world is getting.

Comment

Indeed.

The same people who support 'diversity' are unaware that their policy eventually leads to a lack of diversity.

Hence government interference with "affirmitive action" and "egalitarian legislation" and forcing private business owners to hire minorities or homosexuals or what have you, should be done away with.

That is a gross violation of private property rights.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                  X