Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Narcissist Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahhh..., you too are so cute.

Comment

Originally posted by fIReBuRntInHeLL these women are the ones who have the most insecurities and lack of self confidence. Because who ever admires him/herself then this person must have some serious mental problems. A person who is goodlooking doesn't need to declare, people have eyes can watch them and people have tongues to compliment them. if u are goodlooking good for you, keep for urself! We are not having a beauty pagent over here, we're having conversations. So far i never saw any of my fellow forumers to make anouncements about their external appearance! u r the one who says that which indicates ur lack of confidence and insecurity. I met lot of guys like you who thought they were beautiful but deep down inside they are messed up. Now whatever i said dont take close to your heart it's just a forum and just another attack post with no hard feelings.

PEACE =)
      Hahaha Fire, you got him right below the belt!

You rock!

Comment

Quiet flames. You know you like me.

Narcissism is essentially self-love. The adoration and compliments of others are certainly nice to have; I'm not going to say I don't enjoy the attention I get. Nonetheless, it is all peripheral to the adoration and the compliments that I give to myself. Another person can never say "you are beautiful" quite as sincerely as I can say it to myself. For what truly matters? The opinions of the idiotic masses? Or the opinion of the only person I find significant?

The ugly person who was made fun of growing up will come back rambling about inner beauty, but what is inner beauty? I find my intellectual person to be just as beautiful as my physical person. Should this somehow diminish my physical beauty? Why should not a lucky person (for truly it is nothing but blind chance that makes me as intelligent and gifted as I am) revel in his own luck? I don't even believe in God, yet I thank him every day for the lot that I have been given and for the world that so values what I have to offer it.

The true narcissist wakes up every morning with a smile on his face because he knows that he easily could have been one of the hundreds of ugly, stupid persons he will likely encounter that day. He does not claim to be any better or more virtuous, simply luckier. The true narcissist appreciates beauty, true beauty, not the vague nothingness spoken of in the other thread. Those who say they can find beauty in everything have devalued the very concept. For if beauty can be found everywhere, what makes it special? It ceases to be beautiful. Beautiful things possess the quality that we come to recognize as beauty because they are distinct from other objects. They have something that the rest don't. The true narcissist recognizes this in himself and loves the way any asthetically minded person should. For if beauty is indeed something special that is worthy of admiration, then why should not the beautiful admire himself?

The ugly person will come back and speak of insecurity and of psychology, and she will be completely missing the point. Surely when she sees something that she finds beautiful, she adores it, she wishes to be in its company and perhaps she even wishes that she could be a little more like it. Lord knows I feel this way when I encounter objects and persons that possess types of beauty that I do not. This should not devalue the beauty that I do possess, nor does the naysaying of the ugly, any more than the rantings of a disbeliever affects the faith of a devoutly religious person.

The true narcissist loves the earth and loves humanity. The true narcissist loves himself as a natural offshoot of these two phenomena and is appreciative of the fact that many ugly things come from them as well. Narcissism is not in and of itself a way of life. Nor does it, by itself, impart or imply virtue on the part of the narcissist. Nonetheless, it should be not be degraded by those who misunderstand it, nor should it be ridiculed by the ugly that claim security in silence. For when you are assured that you possess some truth, do you not attempt to communicate that truth to others? Did not the apostle Paul advocate martyrdom in the name of truth? When in the possession of some artifact that produces good feelings, do you not place emphasis on appreciation of that artifact, whether it be girlfriend or teddy bear or Platonic dialogue? Why should not the narcissist do the same when that artifact is himself?

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname Quiet flames. You know you like me.

blah blah blah
          See loser, the thing is, you THINK that I like you.

I agree with Fire and spiral - a true narcissist does not seek validation from others, as you so openly do.

Comment

Originally posted by sSsflamesSs See loser, the thing is, you THINK that I like you.

I agree with Fire and spiral - a true narcissist does not seek validation from others, as you so openly do.
            Funny that I should so openly offend and mistreat those that you claim I am seeking validation from. Seems your theory needs refinement.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname Funny that I should so openly offend and mistreat those that you claim I am seeking validation from. Seems your theory needs refinement.
              The fact that you offend and mistreat them is irrelevant. A true narcissist does not need validation. The definition of a narcissist is, "someone in love with themselves". People do not seek validation from others to love someone, now do they? Keep on gloating though, loser - I find it quite entertaining.

Comment

The way I treat others is far from irrelevant, Ms. Flamer, for one seeking validation will almost certainly behave in such a way so as to elicit validation. I do not behave in this way. In fact, I quite openly scoff at the opinions of others and behave in such a manner that many very strongly dislike me. The true narcissist is not bothered by such dislike, or even by hate, for the hatred and scorn of others can never outweigh the love that the narcissist has for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname The way I treat others is far from irrelevant, Ms. Flamer, for one seeking validation will almost certainly behave in such a way so as to elicit validation. I do not behave in this way. In fact, I quite openly scoff at the opinions of others and behave in such a manner that many very strongly dislike me. The true narcissist is not bothered by such dislike, or even by hate, for the hatred and scorn of others can never outweigh the love that the narcissist has for himself.
                  I think you're just obsessed with the idea of narcissism - has nothing to do with you being narcissistic.

This is not the greatest example, but it gets the point across...

You are to narcissism, what other people are to perfection - you try hard to reach it, but fail to do so.

THIS IS NOT TO SAY THAT NARCISSISM IS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM A BRANCH OF PERFECTION. Just wanted to make that clear.

Comment

I can't stand all this psychoanalytic crap. Didn't we get past this with the legitimizing of neuropsychiatry? Why are you guys so bothered by loser's narcissism? Can't you see that he feeds off of opposition? I think he wants you to disagree with him and challenge him. He isn't seeking validation; he's seeking discord.

Comment

And also loser, if you did not need validation, then why would you gloat all the time? Communication is a way of getting others to respond to you. By bragging, you are indirectly asking others to respond to what you are saying...or else you would not brag and would keep it to yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X