Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who plans on going back home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I definitely plan on going back on a regular basis. I've been back once so far. As far as moving back permanently, I have considered it. My heart is in Armenia. Time will make my decision clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
      In my case, it just seems like the logical thing to do. We can't deny that no matter where we're living (except maybe the armenian communities in arab countries), we are losing our national identity at an alarming rate. Just checking the "honour roll" at my old armenian elementary school, I was shocked by how many "Jennifer Hagopian"s or "Steven Avedissian"s I was able to find.

Yet the thing with armenians is, they're all comfortable in their "new homes", and try to be as american or canadian or whatever possible. And to show the world that they're still armenian, they'll write a 100$ check once a year to help the "poor armenians over there". As soon as Armenia has become a charitable cause instead of your homeland, then you are, in my point of view, a lost case.
      Amen.

They relish in the fact that "Yea there are still some Armenians in Armenia to keep the homeland pumping". But you know the days are numbered and if he thinks like that, she thinks like that, and everyone else does, then where does it end?
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

It truly is bothersome that this is the first generation in centuries to actually have an independant Armenia, as well as the means to support it, and chooses to do nothing. As the proverb says: kna merir, yegoor sirem.
        Maybe after the disappearance of Armenia will people notice that they were at fault.

Though personally, I am not so pessimistic. Of course, I have completely lost hope in many MANY armenians, but I know of at least 10 who are determined to move there as soon as they have enough money to open up a business there (so they create jobs instead of taking them from other people). Living and opening a business in Armenia just makes sense on so many levels. Economically, production costs are lower, and every dram invested is invested in your OWN country. Also, by moving there, not only have you saved your own family from becoming the next "Mr. and Mrs. John and Suzie Aristakesyan", you also provide jobs for parents who already live there, and save them from emigration.

AND FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, YOU GET TO SEE ARARAT EVERY MORNING WHEN YOU WAKE UP!!!!

Comment

Excellent post Baron Dants. After reading that I plan on legally changing my name from Mike to Armen.

Comment

I hope that we act upon our words.

I could see ARARAT from my balcony in Armenia, and it's definitely worth going back for. I've never seen a sight that beautiful during sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by sSsflamesSs
              I hope that we act upon our words.

I could see ARARAT from my balcony in Armenia, and it's definitely worth going back for. I've never seen a sight that beautiful during sunset.
              Well, I haven't been to Armenia yet (will be going for the first time this summer), though it seems like I've been there for quite some time.

As for acting upon our words, I know I will. I don't exactly know what job I'll have there (right now, I'm very interested in the politics/journalism world), but I'm still quiiiite young, so I have time to decide.

All I know is, as sSsflamesSs said, my heart is in Armenia, and if we live only once, let's at least not live with that freakin "bantooghtootyoon" haunting us wherever we go I mean, does life seriously get any better when you go crazy over ever single apricot you eat and every drop of water you drink?

Comment

Is something that important that it is worth more than your own self? Would you give yourself for the totality? Are you more important than the whole? What is sacrifice but giving yourself for that higher end, beyond your self serving means? Are you willing to live for the whole? Fight for it and die for it? Or are you too precious and important?
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                  Is something that important that it is worth more than your own self? Would you give yourself for the totality? Are you more important than the whole? What is sacrifice but giving yourself for that higher end, beyond your self serving means? Are you willing to live for the whole? Fight for it and die for it? Or are you too precious and important?
                  Jesus, stop talking so smart!
                  But if I do get your question, I am more than ready to put my personal gains aside for the "main goal", which in my case, is the Motherland. If you are not living for a cause other than the nice house and the benz, then your life is not worth living anyways. And if you are living for a cause, then you should be ready to die for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
                    Originally posted by Anonymouse
                    Jesus, stop talking so smart!
                    But if I do get your question, I am more than ready to put my personal gains aside for the "main goal", which in my case, is the Motherland. If you are not living for a cause other than the nice house and the benz, then your life is not worth living anyways. And if you are living for a cause, then you should be ready to die for it.
                    "The unexamined life is not worth living."

--Aristotle

Comment

Yea Armenians have forgotten that without the whole they are nothing. Everyone owes to the collective consciousness. Without their ancestors dying and preserving what they have today, they wouldn't be here to begin with. They forget that even if they are individuals they are nothing without the whole which only then gives rise to such individuals. But then apathy and indolence are so pervasive that you can speak and spout as much words of wisdom as you please and it all goes in one ear and out the other. Even here in the forums there might only be 2 or 3 people that would be willing to live and die for that idea and the rest simply aren't as stirred by it.

I definitely do not plan on staying here forever. This country is going down the drain as all empires do. It's only a matter of time. No one can imagine this country falling but neither could Roman 2000 years ago, yet Rome fell. It happens all the time in the history of civilizations. It's the rule not the exception.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X