Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

S.o.s!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: S.o.s!!

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
    ... be more ethical and fair...
    Entirely my point ... somehow now "man made Global Warming" has become the "ethical" point of view. The same kind of "ethics" that battle tooth and nail to preserve "natural environments" like in the California Sierras or Utah, only to see it all go up in flames in a matter of days. How much did the recent Lake Tahoe fires contribute to "Man Made Global Warming" I wonder ... how about the massive fires in Utah?
    this post = teh win.

Comment

LOL Siamanto "is typically a name given to males?????" *wonders how many of us have known, in real life , Armenians with First Name "Siamanto." probably none or almost none of us. wonders how it can be typically??? *
      WOW, two pages to verify if Siamanto is a 'he' or 'she'. Well, it is typically a name given to males (as Sip said) an example is my aunt's husband , but 'our' Siamanto here is definitely a 'she' based on her previous posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
        WOW, two pages to verify if Siamanto is a 'he' or 'she'.
        I agree....Yet, ironically, you are adding to the "two pages?"

Well, it is typically a name given to males (as Sip said) an example is my aunt's husband
        Siamanto is a pen name that was assumed by a male poet and may be used to name either a boy or a girl; it is not even an Armenian First Name. You know a single male person who was probably named after Siamanto, the poet, and you use the word "typically???"
        Why not something like: "Because it was used as a pen name by a male poet, it would be rather used to name a boy child than a girl?" Too moderate or more accurate for your taste???
        Honestly, I wonder if there are - or has been - enough Armenians - around the world - named "Siamanto" in order to use the word "typically."

but 'our' Siamanto here is definitely a 'she' based on her previous posts.
        Is your use use of the word "definitely" as "accurate???" as the use of "typically??" How "definite" is your conclusion? Is it based on something "typically" feminine in me? Just curious.
        If I know one Armenian who misuses the words "definitely" - and "typically" - so can I say that "Typically, Armenians misuse the words 'definitely' and 'typically'?"
        Last edited by Siamanto; 07-14-2007, 10:20 AM.
        What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Siamanto must be a girl for the simple fact that she is always PMSing.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Siamanto is a pen name that was assumed by a male poet and may be used to name either a boy or a girl; it is not even an Armenian First Name.
            Why not something like: "Because it was used as a pen name by a male poet, it would be rather used to name a boy child than a girl?" Too moderate or more accurate for your taste???
            Many Armenian male poets/ writers such as Paruyr Sevak, Raffi or Siamanto had pen names that later have become Armenian male first names. As a result now Paruyr, Raffi and Siamanto are names typically given to males and not to both genders, for a clear reason.

Is your use use of the word "definitely" as "accurate???" as the use of "typically??" How "definite" is your conclusion? Is it based on something "typically" feminine in me? Just curious.
            If I know one Armenian who misuses the words "definitely" - and "typically" - so can I say that "Typically, Armenians misuse the words 'definitely' and 'typically'?"
            How do you know I am misusing the word 'definitely'? Assumptions???
            As I said it's based on one post of yours previously when one of the Jurks was around.

You know a single male person who was probably named after Siamanto, the poet, and you use the word "typically???"
            Probably??? And you are misusing the word 'probably'??? I know for sure many MALES named after Siamanto.
            LOL, dumb arguments...

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse View Post
              Siamanto must be a girl for the simple fact that she is always PMSing.
              Still stalking me and checking my PMs? How many times do I have to tell you that it's over between us because you're not good enough for me? So please don't make me say words that may hurt!

Have a Nice Day!
              Last edited by Siamanto; 07-14-2007, 12:29 PM.
              What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Many Armenian male poets/ writers such as Paruyr Sevak, Raffi or Siamanto had pen names that later have become Armenian male first names. As a result now Paruyr, Raffi and Siamanto are names typically given to males and not to both genders, for a clear reason.
                LOL What? "Raffi" and "Barouyr" were not already Armenian First Names??? Does the analogy apply to "Siamanto?"

How do you know I am misusing the word 'definitely'? Assumptions???
                As I said it's based on one post of yours previously when one of the Jurks was around.
                And that is not an assumption??? Lucin, let's be a bit more reasonable, please.
                This was the best!

You know a single male person who was probably named after Siamanto, the poet, and you use the word "typically???"
                Probably??? And you are misusing the word 'probably'??? I know for sure many MALES named after Siamanto.
                LOL, dumb arguments...
                LOL By the way, how the word "probably" was misused when yourself, you said:
                "Many Armenian male poets/ writers such as...Siamanto had pen names that later have become Armenian male first names. As a result now...Siamanto are names typically given to males?????"

You "know for sure many MALES named after Siamanto???" A unique experience? Good for you!
                Of course, it's only my personal experience, but I have met many many thousands of Armenians from all over the world and not a single one named "Siamanto."

Have a Nice Day!
                Last edited by Siamanto; 07-14-2007, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I have to say this has been a most entertaining thread.
                  this post = teh win.

Comment

Siamanto, before you continue down this new line of nonsense, here are the dictionary definitions for "typically":

typ·i·cal·ly [típpik?lee] adverb
                    1. in the usual way: with all or many of the usual or expected characteristics
                    2. in most cases: in most cases or on most occasions
                    3. predictably: as is to be expected

Encarta® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1999,2000 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.

Even if there is only ONE occurance of the name "Siamanto" to refer to a male, the use of the "typically" adverb is justified under the third definition.

Now as far as you again taking your limited view of the world, extrapolating it to unlimited extents, and then criticizing others who don't see it your way ... seems that this too fits very well in the on-going theme of this thread. Are you really trying to say that just because you haven't seen any Siamantos, there aren't any?
                    Last edited by Sip; 07-14-2007, 12:35 PM.
                    this post = teh win.

Comment

LOL What? "Raffi" and "Barouyr" were not already Armenian First Names???
                      Were they??

And that is not an assumption??? Lucin, let's be a bit more reasonable, please.
                      This was the best!
                      My statement would be an assumption; only if you are a transsexual otherwise it's you who are making assumptions. I'll find the post and send it later, although it's really getting nonsensical.

LOL By the way, how the word "probably" was misused when yourself, you said:
                      "Many Armenian male poets/ writers such as...Siamanto had pen names that later have become Armenian male first names. As a result now...Siamanto are names typically given to males?????"
                      I don't see the word 'probably' used by me.

Of course, it's only my personal experience, but I have met many many thousands of Armenians from all over the world and not a single one named "Siamanto."

LOL, so you have met many Siamantos, but Dear Siamanto, you previously said the following:

LOL Siamanto "is typically a name given to males?????" *wonders how many of us have known, in real life , Armenians with First Name "Siamanto." probably none or almost none of us. wonders how it can be typically??? *

I guess that it suggests how credible and/or factual are Sip's statements.
                      Good night!
                      Last edited by Lucin; 07-14-2007, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X