Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Non-Judaic Nature of Christ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Non-Judaic Nature of Christ

Originally posted by North Pole View Post
    Armenian, pardon my ignorance, but I have a question - was the Caucasus a part of Khazaria?
    As far as I know, only the northern slopes of the Caucasus is said to be a part of the Khazar kingdom. But I would not be surprised if at certain times their political/economic/cultural reach extended into the south Caucasus. Why do you ask? And why in this thread?
    Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here's a map of the khazar kingdom at its height around 800.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Originally posted by Yeznik View Post
        Ah yes, Campbell, the man George Lucas accredited for the idea and concepts of Star Wars.
        And as Star Wars, this thread about fiction and medieval, obscurantist phantasmagory...unless one is an "illuminati" - in the sense of lunatic, of course.
        What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
          Intentions of the apostles

The apostles of Christ seem to have gone to great lengths to directly connect the risen Christ to Hebrew scripture within their writings. Perhaps this was done by the followers of Christ in order to convert J-ews at the time from their seemingly primitive and corrupt faith. The aforementioned is precisely the reason why there seem to be contrived attempts by the apostles connecting Christ to the Hebrew scriptures. Attempts such as making Christ sit on a donkey and enter Jerusalem, as prophesied in Hebrew scriptures, to convince the J-ews that Christ was indeed their long awaited Messiah. Unfortunately, our present day knowledge and understanding of Christ is primarily based upon these contrived attempts of the apostles. Nevertheless, the attempts of the apostles would prove to be a futile effort in the long run.
          After you created this thread, I started rereading the New Testament, and this time between the lines. I must say that by paying close attention to the apostles' rhetoric, the above 'assumption' of yours does sound plausible to me and it just made certain things more digestible for me but the problem I see here is that the book in question (the New Testament) is in essence a text with an anti-Semitic flavour, with that said, wouldn't such an effort by the apostles (doing certain modifications on the book to 'please' Jews and make them convert) be an utter stupidity because whatever you do, however you try to interpret it, some sort of anti-Jewish mark is still left there. Actually, it's just crammed with 'Jew-bashing' and 'anti-Semitic' discourse, so how can they be attracted to such a book and a 'being' known as Christ who is the reason for such a book ?

Now this quotation of the Christ that I don't understand and is a bit confusing; I have to say it in Armenian: "Երանի հոգով աղքատներին որովհետեւ նրանցն է երկնքի արքայութիւնը:"
          So, why հոգով աղքատներին??? It just does not have a positive connotation for me. A person with a "աղքատ հոգի" sounds to me as a spiritually empty person, with no depth. Am I wrong? How do you understand this? What do you think?

And can you tell me please which is the Creed in Armenian?

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
          And as Star Wars, this thread about fiction and medieval, obscurantist phantasmagory...unless one is an "illuminati" - in the sense of lunatic, of course.
          Anti-Christ?
          Last edited by Lucin; 07-18-2008, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
            After you created this thread, I started rereading the New Testament, and this time between the lines. I must say that by paying close attention to the apostles' rhetoric, the above 'assumption' of yours does sound plausible to me and it just made certain things more digestible for me but the problem I see here is that the book in question (the New Testament) is in essence a text with an anti-Semitic flavour, with that said, wouldn't such an effort by the apostles (doing certain modifications on the book to 'please' Jews and make them convert) be an utter stupidity because whatever you do, however you try to interpret it, some sort of anti-Jewish mark is still left there. Actually, it's just crammed with 'Jew-bashing' and 'anti-Semitic' discourse, so how can they be attracted to such a book and a 'being' known as Christ who is the reason for such a book ?

Now this quotation of the Christ that I don't understand and is a bit confusing; I have to say it in Armenian: "Երանի հոգով աղքատներին որովհետեւ նրանցն է երկնքի արքայութիւնը:"
            So, why հոգով աղքատներին??? It just does not have a positive connotation for me. A person with a "աղքատ հոգի" sounds to me as a spiritually empty person, with no depth. Am I wrong? How do you understand this? What do you think?

And can you tell me please which is the Creed in Armenian?

Anti-Christ?

Lucin, the meaning of the verse is to be void of material desires/possessions and to only desire Christ. For example there are the Desert Fathers who were considered the poor in spirit. Now there is a difference between being poor in spirit and being spiritually poor. In retrospect the most poorest (worldly) people in the world were considered the Desert Fathers who were basically hermits (jknavor) and monks who owned nothing, but the provided the some of the richest spiritual lessons.

The Creed in Armenian is the Havadamk.

Comment

Lucin, the meaning of the verse is to be void of material desires/possessions and to only desire Christ. For example there are the Desert Fathers who were considered the poor in spirit. Now there is a difference between being poor in spirit and being spiritually poor. In retrospect the most poorest (worldly) people in the world were considered the Desert Fathers who were basically hermits (jknavor) and monks who owned nothing, but the provided the some of the richest spiritual lessons.

The Creed in Armenian is the Havadamk.

Thank you Yeznik.

I have mainly read the Bible in Armenian (and Persian) so I don't get well certain biblical/ theological terms used here in English.
              Can you tell me please how we call an "apologist" in Armenian? Havatatsyal (հաւատացեալ)??

I don't know if you were following my discussion with Hellektor in the Ottomans thread which turned into a 'theological' debate. Anyway, he just said the following: "Christ is most probably a mythical character; he has not been recorded in history."
              I was just a bit intrigued by that statement. Has Christ been recorded in historical archives or not? If so, where exactly?

If I'm not mistaken you as a Christian embrace comfortably both Old and New Testaments. Right? I would really like to know how you justify the 'drastic' change in the nature of God in the New Testament? How do you reconcile 'their' different natures?
              Last edited by Lucin; 07-23-2008, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucin View Post
                Thank you Yeznik.

I have mainly read the Bible in Armenian (and Persian) so I don't get well certain biblical/ theological terms used here in English.
                Can you tell me please how we call an "apologist" in Armenian? Havatatsyal (հաւատացեալ)??

I don't know if you were following my discussion with Hellektor in the Ottomans thread which turned into a 'theological' debate. Anyway, he just said the following: "Christ is most probably a mythical character; he has not been recorded in history."
                I was just a bit intrigued by that statement. Has Christ been recorded in historical archives or not? If so, where exactly?

If I'm not mistaken you as a Christian embrace comfortably both Old and New Testaments. Right? I would really like to know how you justify the 'drastic' change in the nature of God in the New Testament? How do you reconcile 'their' different natures?

Lucin, I spoke to one of my spiritual fathers regarding your questions and he suggested the following:

1.- the word apologist in Armenian is tchadakov.

2.- For the second question Absolutely: Tacitus, Suetonius, Pliny the Younger, Lucian, Philo, Josephus all make reference to the historical Jesus.

3.- For the third question, he recommended reading the Old and the New as one book and in whole and not partially. Some people try to figure out that God in the Old Testament is totally different one than of the New Testament. But when you read the Bible as a whole you will realize that that is not the case.

E.g. Read Psalm 51, the Book of Jonah, where it shows how God is merciful, but at the same time just.
                Last edited by Yeznik; 07-25-2008, 06:20 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Yeznik thats what Im doing right now, I have started reading the Bible, I'm in Genesis but Im gonna go all the way I dont want to skip any part of it.
                  Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

The old testament is for joos, pure and simple. I think one should read still read the old testament, especially Genesis but the core of Christian teachings comes from the New Testament and Zoroastrianism.
                    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
                    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

Lucin, I spoke to one of my spiritual fathers regarding your questions and he suggested the following:
                      Sorry to be a pain. Thanks Yeznik.

1.- the word apologist in Armenian is tchadakov.

2.- For the second question Absolutely: Tacitus, Suetonius, Pliny the Younger, Lucian, Philo, Josephus all make reference to the historical Jesus...

Interesting. I did a little research on these historians, there were both sources; confirming and refuting their writings. But I found interesting, the following excerpt in one of the articles on the historicity of Christ:

"If there were Christians in Rome in 41-49 AD, then that's a pretty strong indication that Jesus existed, since His life would have been well within the memories of those living at the time."

Comment

Working...
                      X