Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Will Armenians be extinct in 100 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got it

Comment

Well in the end no one is immune to the process of cultural disintegration, but the only thing one can hope for is to somewhat lag the process but then again what's the point if you know it's worthless in the grand scheme of things.

If anything one should cherish culture as that is one of the dynamics that raises man above the beasts of burden, and allows him to put his brain into creative and higher use than just mere self aggrandizement and reveling in the animal wants of most leaving creatures with an organismic consciousness.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

you know Anonymouse, after i read what you post here in Armenian news i cant believe you're that mild mannered tampon salesman who wears sun galsses while pooping to look cool..

Comment

would you want to go back to Armenia??? I mean, that is the only logical way to prevent the disintegration of Armenian culture, if Armenians actually stay in Armenia..

Comment

Staying in Armenian might lag results but it won't stop the inevitable. That country is literally ruled by a few criminal scum number being the corporate installed President by the U.S.

The allocation of wealth is in the hands of a few, there exists a gap between the middle class and the rest of society. Birth rate is very low due to the hardships that ensue with government corruption, and the overall moral fabric is somewhat disintegrating.

I would go to Armenia if I could but for what? I know I may sound high and mighty while preaching here on these forums but what is the alternative? Surely no one, aftering being exposed to the opportunities one can rack up in this country, would want to go back to a Third World nation, or second world at best. Otherwise none of our families would have left the homeland in the first place.

I think alot of the younger Armenian generation has gotten disconnected the how's, and why's, the reasons why their families fled and the reasons why they are where they are. And if they have forgotten, plagued with apathy and indolence, then their destiny is only theirs to blame.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

thats true...

Comment

I have a new Mercedes, laugh laugh, I am being Armenian, laugh, I have cool music, laugh, I have alot of money I racked up and now I am flaunting all that wealth...laugh. I don't really care about the rest of the Armenians, as long as my fat hairy behind has a Benz to sit on, the rest of the Armenians are not my concern.

That is the mentality that pervades.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

extinct is not a word in our dictionary

Armenians will not be extinct in 100 years... raising the question even is a waste of time.. many Countries have worked on making us extinct and have not reached their goals..instead of raising such a question sit and think on how you can work on not allowing Armenians to be extinct. Critisize, but through the critisizms see the problems and work on fixing them. Every Armenian has the ability to work towards creating an Armenia which will survive.., after all we have survived for close to 4000 years through very tough times.. What we face today in the diaspora and present day Armenia is nothing compared to what we have suffered in the past.. let us learn from our past and live a stronger present and create a stronger future..By creating a strong diaspora (which will be done by people like you and me), and by aiding our country with any means possible, we will reach our goals my friend. The future of Armenia is in our hands.. we will decide the future, if we decide to end Armenia it wil end.. IF WE BELEIVE STRONGLY IT WILL SURVIVE, GROW STRONGER, AND BECOME WHOLE ONE DAY, THEN GOD AS MY WITNESS IT WILL!!

Comment

Re: extinct is not a word in our dictionary

Originally posted by vrej
                    Armenians will not be extinct in 100 years... raising the question even is a waste of time.. many Countries have worked on making us extinct and have not reached their goals..instead of raising such a question sit and think on how you can work on not allowing Armenians to be extinct. Critisize, but through the critisizms see the problems and work on fixing them. Every Armenian has the ability to work towards creating an Armenia which will survive.., after all we have survived for close to 4000 years through very tough times.. What we face today in the diaspora and present day Armenia is nothing compared to what we have suffered in the past.. let us learn from our past and live a stronger present and create a stronger future..By creating a strong diaspora (which will be done by people like you and me), and by aiding our country with any means possible, we will reach our goals my friend. The future of Armenia is in our hands.. we will decide the future, if we decide to end Armenia it wil end.. IF WE BELEIVE STRONGLY IT WILL SURVIVE, GROW STRONGER, AND BECOME WHOLE ONE DAY, THEN GOD AS MY WITNESS IT WILL!!
                    Actually I don't know why you take an anti-intellectual stance in raising the question. It is a simple logical question that is in accord with the laws of culture and civiliztion. I don't see how raising the question is wrong or a waste of time. It's a simple question to reassess situations. You're overconfidence in the fact that Armenians have survived for millenia, is shared by many Armenians including my own family, but it overlooks the fact that the present day diaspora and geopolitical situation of the world and Armenia itself is far more different and volatile than it was say 1000 years ago. The world itself is more concentrated now and blending and while it is blending old cultures are dying and new commercial cultures are spawning.

Believe all you want but until there is a unifying element amongst Armenians world wide current trends speak for themselves. Sad but true as uttered by the mouth of Metallica.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

yeah see thats what it is, Armenians think we survived for so thousands of years and we will get through this and survive still. Have any of you been in Armenia in recent years? 2001, the year of Armenia's 1700th anniversary of Christianity.. The streets were so empty..Even with the tourism 'high' that year.. I didnt see one familiar face, like i had in the years before. and the people who remain there, talk of leaving. ofcoarse we don't want our own nationality to disintegrate. But what is the uniting force of Armenians today that will help us fight extinction? Most seem to be concerned with only thier personal gains. If someone knows please share it with the rest of us. No one wants to live in Armenia today, half the country (if not more) is beneath the poverty line. how are we supposed to help our country if the millions of dollars in international aid dont bring about any changes. And exactly what will be the point of helping Armenia if there arent Armenians left living there?

Comment

Working...
                      X