Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Will Armenians be extinct in 100 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unger the point i was trying to get at was not "do not raise the question" rather it is that.. its very simple to crisize.. it is actually healthy to crisize and raise the question i agree.. but along side the crisizm you must work on doing something to change the wrongs around you!! are you willing to do that because if you are there are many different ways you can help.
    I say this because i am active in this sence and work dilligently in different aspects of the armenian community and i see results, and wenever i dont i work harder to see them!

Comment

Ok Anonymouse............

If you ever do me a favor, let this be the one.

Do not start a cult....
      As inspirational as your words may be, I'd end up being your partner in crime.

In other words you're somehow easily brainwashing me with ideas that make sense.

On that note i'll pour a shot for you

Comment

Originally posted by vrej
        unger the point i was trying to get at was not "do not raise the question" rather it is that.. its very simple to crisize.. it is actually healthy to crisize and raise the question i agree.. but along side the crisizm you must work on doing something to change the wrongs around you!! are you willing to do that because if you are there are many different ways you can help.
        I say this because i am active in this sence and work dilligently in different aspects of the armenian community and i see results, and wenever i dont i work harder to see them!
        Well I am helping in every bit I can. I have family in Armenia and both my family and I here send them financial and material aid in anyway we can. I do what I can in proportion to my own well being. I do not send money through agencies or funds as that is how beaurocracy operates and beaurocracy doesn't help anything or anything except beaurocrats.

The Armenians that aren't helping at all are the ones who only care for their self-gratification and you'll usually see them cruising the streets in their lavish cars and always at bars or clubs "clubbin" or "goin out". I have no beef with partying, I myself party, but many of the Armenian youth these days are just plain old apathetic. They don't care for anything or anything but their own selves and that is the result of mincing commercial capitalism with Armenian culture, or any other culture for that matter. I see the same superficial materialistic xxxx in Asian, Hispanic and other immigrants of the second generation. Their youth are just as caught in the winds of this Hollywood generated culture of image seekers and and attention xxxxxs. How many of them actually care about their history, their homeland? None of them. You think these ASA parties mean anything other than to enrich the game of a player or a 'pimpette' as they call it.

xxxx them all with a big horses xxxx. An Armenian like that is better of neutered.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Andromida806
          Ok Anonymouse............

If you ever do me a favor, let this be the one.

Do not start a cult....
          As inspirational as your words may be, I'd end up being your partner in crime.

In other words you're somehow easily brainwashing me with ideas that make sense.

On that note i'll pour a shot for you
          hahahaha nothing better than intoxication. I must admit I'm not an alcoholic but I do enjoy my fair share of intoxication and passing out. I once had 10 shots of Vodka and on the 11th shot my nose started bleeding.

But don't worry I'm not bent on cult worshiping. Anything that involves fanaticism I am against, as fanaticism is the number one enemy of critically and rationally thinking. Fanaticism in anything is wrong, at least in my opinion.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

11 shots to make you bleed..... What kind of vodka were you drinking ?
            You have to share. I must try that brand.

My most extreme experience with alcohol had to be a welcome home party that my friends and family threw for me when I came home after my first year in Germany. I had so much to drink I was literally drunk till the next evening. At least breakfast was enjoyable.

Comment

my friend... sending money is only one way, and sending money to your family is only helping your family, and NOBODY CAN SEND MONEY TO EVERYONE CUS WE ARE NOT MILIONAIRES.. my conclusion is money is here today gone tomarow, i send money to a family in armenia also, but this doesnt do anymore than provide THEM with food. Money does its share in this task, but if we are talking about preventing Armenians from extinction, money is not the answer i see, the answer is that we must all join youth groups, and join community groups who work on preserving culture, who work on the Armenian Case, that work on building a better diaspora, and that go to Armenia and with their own hands work on rebuilding homes that are falling apart. All these programmes are available, and all this allows you to see your efforts make a large difference... Yes money will help a family live another day and this is important, but it isnt the most productive way to preserve Armenians... after we all dedicate ourselves and work in these youth groups and become involved in our communities then we will see a brighter future for Armenia, its easy to critisize.. its hard to do the work to fix the problems.. beleive me i have been in both shoes..

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
                The Armenians that aren't helping at all are the ones who only care for their self-gratification and you'll usually see them cruising the streets in their lavish cars and always at bars or clubs "clubbin" or "goin out". I have no beef with partying, I myself party, but many of the Armenian youth these days are just plain old apathetic. They don't care for anything or anything but their own selves and that is the result of mincing commercial capitalism with Armenian culture, or any other culture for that matter. I see the same superficial materialistic xxxx in Asian, Hispanic and other immigrants of the second generation. Their youth are just as caught in the winds of this Hollywood generated culture of image seekers and and attention xxxxxs. How many of them actually care about their history, their homeland? None of them. You think these ASA parties mean anything other than to enrich the game of a player or a 'pimpette' as they call it.

xxxx them all with a big horses xxxx. An Armenian like that is better of neutered.

You are very correct with this paragraph it is the same here but not that bad yet.. but this doesnt mean all Armenian Youth are like this, and there is a large percentage who work diligently in different areas of the community. I love partying also, i go out and have fun too, but i also sacrifice many hours everyday to help my community and Armenia... At a point I used to critisize these people also (before i was involved in the community), but then i sat back and though.. i dont have the right to critisize until i myself do something... now that i am , i critisize and am in the position to work on my crisizms... HOPEFULLY THIS MAKES SENCE! lol

Comment

Vrej, although it may be very gratifying and out of good will to go to Armenia and rebuild crumbling homes with our own hands, Armenia needs to create its own work force for rebuilding the country. There cannot be any improvement in the economy (except supply of materials) if we go and rebuild out of charity. we should concentrate on creating some kind of organization within Armenia that will give Armenian citizens opportunities for employment in rebuilding (jobs that they desperately need). ~ just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by vrej
                    my friend... sending money is only one way, and sending money to your family is only helping your family, and NOBODY CAN SEND MONEY TO EVERYONE CUS WE ARE NOT MILIONAIRES.. my conclusion is money is here today gone tomarow, i send money to a family in armenia also, but this doesnt do anymore than provide THEM with food. Money does its share in this task, but if we are talking about preventing Armenians from extinction, money is not the answer i see, the answer is that we must all join youth groups, and join community groups who work on preserving culture, who work on the Armenian Case, that work on building a better diaspora, and that go to Armenia and with their own hands work on rebuilding homes that are falling apart. All these programmes are available, and all this allows you to see your efforts make a large difference... Yes money will help a family live another day and this is important, but it isnt the most productive way to preserve Armenians... after we all dedicate ourselves and work in these youth groups and become involved in our communities then we will see a brighter future for Armenia, its easy to critisize.. its hard to do the work to fix the problems.. beleive me i have been in both shoes..
                    It remains no matter how much 'involved in the community' you are that is irrespective of the cultural and geopolitical situation of Armenians worldwide. My entire thread was more based along the lines of some unifying force that would give a new vision of unity to Armenians, not mere community involvement. There is a greater scope I am trying to reach and pointing out that Armenians are sort of having breathing trouble worldwide with regard to their destiny.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilya
                      Vrej, although it may be very gratifying and out of good will to go to Armenia and rebuild crumbling homes with our own hands, Armenia needs to create its own work force for rebuilding the country. There cannot be any improvement in the economy (except supply of materials) if we go and rebuild out of charity. we should concentrate on creating some kind of organization within Armenia that will give Armenian citizens opportunities for employment in rebuilding (jobs that they desperately need). ~ just a thought
                      I got a better idea, how about hanging a few of those leaders in public as a warning to all traitors? You see one thing has been prevalent in Armenian history, the lack of unity and most of all the efforts of traitors to sabotage any and all efforts of unity. One Armenian is a leader, the second one is jealous and hence resorts to treasonous acts. That is what has always been and what is currently happening in Armenia. Those leaders have sold out the country and carved it into pieces and for what? A few million bucks, a mansion and a benz?
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X