Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Will Armenians be extinct in 100 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good idea I've heard Levon Ter Petrossian currently lives in Armenia, is that true? If he does, isn't he embarrassed? :?

Comment

i think he still does .. he was almost even going to run for president in the next elections.. i'd like to strangle that bastard with my own hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Lilya
        Vrej, although it may be very gratifying and out of good will to go to Armenia and rebuild crumbling homes with our own hands, Armenia needs to create its own work force for rebuilding the country. There cannot be any improvement in the economy (except supply of materials) if we go and rebuild out of charity. we should concentrate on creating some kind of organization within Armenia that will give Armenian citizens opportunities for employment in rebuilding (jobs that they desperately need). ~ just a thought
        you see now we are on the right track we critisized.. now we should talk about ways in which we can do something about all the problems that arose.
        your thoughts are very true!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
          It remains no matter how much 'involved in the community' you are that is irrespective of the cultural and geopolitical situation of Armenians worldwide. My entire thread was more based along the lines of some unifying force that would give a new vision of unity to Armenians, not mere community involvement. There is a greater scope I am trying to reach and pointing out that Armenians are sort of having breathing trouble worldwide with regard to their destiny.
          Well the thing is you cannot just disregard the problems within your boundaries, and jump straight to global issues... you should work on strengthening the Armenian community around you which will lead to a stronger foundation from which you can have an effect globally. This you do through community involvement.. and community involvment plays a very important role in 'the cultural and geopolitical situation of Armenians worldwidde' because , 'the cultural and geopolitical situation of Armenians worldwidde' is comprised of these communities we live in, thus if every Armenian in their community does their share and eventually work with one another, and then work with other communities it will eventually lead to good. this is becoming very successful up here in Canada.

Yes i agree us Armenians have alloooot of difficulty working together.. but this is one very big problem we must work on overcoming.. and from what i see around my community we are halfway there.. but im sure its much different in california!
          It takes hell of allot of work but it mmust be done!

Comment

You are right, but these communities you speak of is exactly where there is no interest by most of the Armenian youth anymore. As I said more people rather go out have fun, and live a light and carefree life than to have the burden of culture and community on their shoulders, and you even said the keyword California. Here it is very complex as Armenianculture hasmorphed into something very godawful and I don't think I've seen it as bad as it is here in any other place. It's really disheartening.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Why has Armenian culture morphed so much in California? Its the area most concentrated with Armenians, one would think they would be the ones who wouldnt lose their culture cuz they have other Armenians around them. Or is it that Amenians in other locations feel separated from Armenians and Armenian culture, so they are more likely to preseve it ?

Comment

Vrej we have to wait in a long line to strangle him

Comment

As I said, when you mince Armenian culture with corporate commercial capitalism, the results are what you see in California, the 7th largest economy in the world just by itself alone, where superficial culture reigns, material wealth and objects are greatest and in abundance there and when you have Armenian families taht moved there from the poor regions of Armenia or other parts where they didn't have much, alot of the temptations of capitalism corrupt them. There's many factors.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

The sad thing is the leader of the homeland don't care. They just don't care and it mind boggles how someone can be so tuned out of their cultural consciousness and be a slave to greed and gluttony and hanging off of the U.S. nutsack. Without a homeland there is no culture and there are no Armenians. And the homeland is slowly weathering away by the torrents of both time and the apathy of the so called leaders, who all in my opinion should be tortued by first having their testicles removed by a saw, then tied up and gagged and whipped with chains, then pour acid on each toe one by one, then release an army of fire ants on them, and then shoot darts at them and then poke their eyes out, and then finally let some rats do the rest of the job. A slow, bitter, and painful death they shall suffer. I am really wicked and hateful towards them and the punishment I mentioned is still too light for them.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Well the way i see it things are slowly changing in the homeland, and the advances are a good start.
                      And for California... yeah i have heard enough bad things from there.... it really sickens me because Hard working Armenians work to create something for their culture, and try to portray a positive picture for Armenians.. and then there are others who through their actions go out and ruin it all... :?

Comment

Working...
                      X