Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

notes / comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: notes / comments

Originally posted by tunot
    Actually, I'm after a bit of stability. For people to stop talking of miscegenation because we are constantly under the threat of being on the verge of extinction. Is that too much to ask? Unless you want to continue belonging to a nation that is worthless through and through and better off extinct than surviving just for the sake of survival. When you hated being an Armenian, you knew much more of your heritage than you do now, since you've been blinded by our pathetic history, which our books like to embellish and which you now like to believe is god-sent truth. Try and remember why you hated being an Armenian so much and you may begin to understand what is ailing us as a nation and why we are still complaining about being on the verge of extinction.
    When I hated my heritage, I did not spend time with other Armenians other than my family. Then, as I began speaking the language more and more out of my own interest, I started mingling with other speakers of the language, I felt more comfortable. I got to get more of a feel for what kind of people the speakers of our language are. I used to be prejudiced against them because I thought the language was ugly, their pride was ugly. I think I've learned more since then and not vice versa tunot.

To this day, I don't share the pride they're indoctorined in our private schools, however, they're normal people just like the everyone else, and we share heritage in common, so we can communicate and come together in our unique way. Why throw this away? For what? What do you get out of throwing it away tunot?

Originally posted by arabaliozian
    Armenians should embrace themselves and cherish their heritage?
    i would amend that: we should reject that which is weak and evil within us,and accept that which is good and constructive.

we should reject a culture of treason and subservience.
    and develop self-reliance.
    Yeah, that's a fairer way of putting it.

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian
      Armenians should embrace themselves and cherish their heritage?
      i would amend that: we should reject that which is weak and evil within us,and accept that which is good and constructive.

we should reject a culture of treason and subservience.
      and develop self-reliance.
      I agree about treason and subservience, but what is good and evil?
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Perhaps he's refering to the insanity we're capable of practicing. I respect his choice of words anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
          I agree about treason and subservience, but what is good and evil?
          Evil is treason and subservience. You may now guess what good is.

Comment

Evil is treason and subservience. You may now guess what good is.
            I don't disagree there, but to me good and evil as a concept is relative, and it is all a matter of perspective and circumstance. And you will come to see, that what one considers treason another considers his pleasure or right.
            Last edited by Anonymouse; 06-26-2006, 09:22 PM.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

I don't disagree there, but to me good and evil as a concept is relative, and it is all a matter of perspective and circumstance. And you will come to see, that what one considers treason another considers his pleasure or right.
              You say one thing x month and another a few months later... I don't want to dig through what you've said before, so I'll ask you to clarify. I wonder if I see the conflict because I've already done what you are thinking...

Do you think there is right and wrong? Do you think right and wrong is all relative? You've argued for both. Long ago, I asked you about cultural relativism.

On a side note, I really enjoy reading these random thoughts on this thread.
              They are full of wisdom.
              I dig this stuff.
              People should maybe even take notes.
              Thanks.
              Last edited by Anahita; 06-26-2006, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anahita
                You say one thing x month and another a few months later... I don't want to dig through what you've said before, so I'll ask you to clarify. I wonder if I see the conflict because I've already done what you are thinking...

Do you think there is right and wrong? Do you think right and wrong is all relative? You've argued for both. Long ago, I asked you about cultural relativism.

On a side note, I really enjoy reading these random thoughts on this thread.
                They are full of wisdom.
                I dig this stuff.
                People should maybe even take notes.
                Thanks.

Perspectivism should not confuse the fact that no two ideas or things can hold equal weight.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

If it makes our nation continue to exist as it is, then it's evil, because it is forcing us to be weak against our enemies, it is forcing us into a position which makes us vulnerable for another genocide, and it is forcing us to be under the constant threat of being on the verge of extinction.

Comment

If it makes our nation continue to exist as it is, then it's evil, because it is forcing us to be weak against our enemies, it is forcing us into a position which makes us vulnerable for another genocide, and it is forcing us to be under the constant threat of being on the verge of extinction.
                    Well, I don't think that will happen, but other genocides will happen unless people like Armenian survivors (and a few others around the world) know enough to stop.

YOU CAN LITERALLY STOP A GENOCIDE, right now!! [url] link later
                    Last edited by Anahita; 06-27-2006, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Tuesday, June 27, 2006
                      Everything I say about Armenians is a confession. I invent nothing. When I observe a tendency or a contradiction in myself (such as, to brag or to wallow in self-pity, or to pretend to be better than I am by ignoring my shortcomings in the hope that others will not take notice of them) I make sure that these are results of my Armenian upbringing and education rather than personal failings.
                      The trouble with fanatics is that once they get hold of an idea, they cease asking questions and entertaining doubts. As a former fanatic, whenever I subscribe to an idea I now consider its opposite and invariably I see some merit in it. When Marx said, “I am not a Marxist,” I suspect that’s what he was doing too. It is such a pity that his followers appropriated his assertions but rejected his doubts.
                      On the day they reject the validity of doubts and the importance of dissent, empires begin to dig their own graves. You may now draw your own conclusions about nations and tribes or, for that matter, collections of tribes that pretend to be nations.
                      Oswald Spengler (1880-1936), German philosopher and historian: “Real historical vision belongs to the domain of significances in which the crucial words are not ‘correct’ and ‘erroneous, but ‘deep’ and ‘shallow’.”
                      Arnold J. Toynbee (1889-1975), British historian: “It is unlikely that a writer will not retract some of his previous propositions if he has reconsidered them genuinely.”
                      John Constable (1776-1837), British painter: “No two days are alike, not even two hours; neither were there two leaves alike since the creation of the world.”
                      #

Comment

Working...
                      X