Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Gegev and Yedtarts mostly, others want to voice something on my bisexuality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gegev and Yedtarts mostly, others want to voice something on my bisexuality?

Dear Gegev and Yedtarts, both of you seem to really be rather offended by my bisexuality. Hopefully I can answer any questions or just let you vent on the topic. It's easier to keep the whole discussion here because a) it's directed at me anyway, and b) i don't want to fill my other thread going over a different topic.

I'll start with Yedtarts' latest comment to me:

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
    The question here is, does he know you too well???? (about being bisexual)

In my personal opinion bisexuals are spoiled, confused and brainwashed people, a product of Hollywoodian and western media brainwashing conspiracy promotion, which confused people think it’s cool, different and unique to announce about they being bi and announce it proudly, as if they deserve a medal of honor. How come it’s ok and cool to be bisexual, and it’s not ok and not cool to like 2 girls or 2 women at the same time?

To answer your first question, yes, my boyfriend is completely aware of my bisexuality. He knows of past girlfriends and we also "check out" females together. We'll swap images, rate them, etc.

If i may, i'd find it easier to paraphrase your other comments for clarity on my part. if i misunderstood, please let me know.

1. "Bisexuals are spoiled, confused, and brainwashed people" because Hollywood and the rest of the media made it "cool, different, and unique" (traits youth aspire towards) to be bisexual. They are also rude because they shove it in our faces and expect to be praised about it as if they received a medal of honor."

Firstly, scientifically and philosophically there is a debate as to how bisexuals come to be. Some people, like yourself, believe it's because of the media. I'd agree to an extent. Many bisexuals that I have come across were straight, then just say they're bisexual because it's a latest fad. I, myself, get insulted and angry at those fakes. However, I am of the belief that many of us are simply that way. I couldn't control it. I wasn't brainwashed. My evidence? I was not raised with much TV or radio. I was mostly raised in a strictly Roman Catholic fashion. Further, my earliest female crush was when i was very young (3rd grade). I was completely confused until I hit high school. I am not a fan of the media and avoid it. I don't think it's "cool" to be bisexual. I'm accepting of it and mentor other students struggling with that and the "hate crimes" they receive. I will not go into just how many physical fights, arguments, sneers, harrassment that I have received by simply being bisexual. I will simply say i've had more than most straight people experience in their lifetime, and I have yet to be 21 years old.

Secondly, I did not wear my bisexuality as a badge. Though you saw me mention it in the Armenian identity/women thread, that is not how it was first 'revealed'. It was under Motivational Posters. I posted one that was obviously sexual regarding females but funny because it tried to project that cupcakes were the real point of the poster. Gegev, in a very round about way, essentially asked what my sexuality is. That was when i said: it is none of your business but since you dont know me and i'm nice anyway, i'm bisexual.

I am one of the bisexuals that joined "GALAS" : Gay and Lesbian Armenian Society. I am also a bisexual that doesn't believe i should have to hide my sexuality. We get bombarded with "straight" orientation ALL THE TIME for DECADES. It's not a new concept. It's expected of people to be that way. When they discover someone that's not, they usually rely on hate and force to try to change that person. I warn you, it doesn't work. Why should I live in fear all the time? No, I am who I am. I love myself. I have a supportive network (boyfriend, GALAS, friends...). Also, no one's advocating straight people turn gay. That'd be simply ludicrous. All I ask is to be accepted for who I am, regardless of if you approve or disapprove it. Discrimination hurts, regardless of if you're the minority Armenian, or if you're bisexual. It's even worse if you're both (i would know, GALAS as told me many things.)

2. Why is it ok to be "cool and bisexual," but not to like 2 females at one time?

"Cool and bisexual" comes from Hollywood trying to promote tolerance, not it's the latest fad. That's young people taking it too far doing that. Your other half is rather divided. Some people promote "Free love" where that is completely okay. In America, it is also okay. In free love, it is even okay to have relationships with both women. For the rest of us that is not okay. Just because someone is bisexual, doesn't mean they're having two relationships: one with a boy and one with a girl. I have one boyfriend. I am also attracted to other females. He has me as his one girlfriend. He is also attracted to other females.

Here in America, it is common practice to "date around." In other words, date various people without intention to marry just yet. This practice teaches someone what they want or don't want in a relationship. If someone "matches" with them, or not. Cheating is still frowned upon.

Re: Gegev and Yedtarts mostly, others want to voice something on my bisexuality?

In my book marriage is a commitment to one person and one person only (till death do us part) it’s not a child’s game, I like this toy, no no, I like that toy, oh no no no, I like this one now. If one can’t make up his mind why get married, when he can stay single and changes partners as much as he likes to whatever gender he chooses till he decides which one he likes and sticks with till death. In life certain and important situations obliges people to decide and make their minds for good, and I think marriage is one of this important situations. This is my personal opinion of course.

Would you like it if your husband tells you “honey I love you but, I like this other woman too, and I would like to sleep with her at the same time”

Comment

Re: Gegev and Yedtarts mostly, others want to voice something on my bisexuality?

Originally posted by Tali View Post
      Dear Gegev and Yedtarts, both of you seem to really be rather offended by my bisexuality. Hopefully I can answer any questions or just let you vent on the topic. It's easier to keep the whole discussion here because a) it's directed at me anyway, and b) i don't want to fill my other thread going over a different topic.

I'll start with Yedtarts' latest comment to me:

To answer your first question, yes, my boyfriend is completely aware of my bisexuality. He knows of past girlfriends and we also "check out" females together. We'll swap images, rate them, etc.

If i may, i'd find it easier to paraphrase your other comments for clarity on my part. if i misunderstood, please let me know.

1. "Bisexuals are spoiled, confused, and brainwashed people" because Hollywood and the rest of the media made it "cool, different, and unique" (traits youth aspire towards) to be bisexual. They are also rude because they shove it in our faces and expect to be praised about it as if they received a medal of honor."

Firstly, scientifically and philosophically there is a debate as to how bisexuals come to be. Some people, like yourself, believe it's because of the media. I'd agree to an extent. Many bisexuals that I have come across were straight, then just say they're bisexual because it's a latest fad. I, myself, get insulted and angry at those fakes. However, I am of the belief that many of us are simply that way. I couldn't control it. I wasn't brainwashed. My evidence? I was not raised with much TV or radio. I was mostly raised in a strictly Roman Catholic fashion. Further, my earliest female crush was when i was very young (3rd grade). I was completely confused until I hit high school. I am not a fan of the media and avoid it. I don't think it's "cool" to be bisexual. I'm accepting of it and mentor other students struggling with that and the "hate crimes" they receive. I will not go into just how many physical fights, arguments, sneers, harrassment that I have received by simply being bisexual. I will simply say i've had more than most straight people experience in their lifetime, and I have yet to be 21 years old.

Secondly, I did not wear my bisexuality as a badge. Though you saw me mention it in the Armenian identity/women thread, that is not how it was first 'revealed'. It was under Motivational Posters. I posted one that was obviously sexual regarding females but funny because it tried to project that cupcakes were the real point of the poster. Gegev, in a very round about way, essentially asked what my sexuality is. That was when i said: it is none of your business but since you dont know me and i'm nice anyway, i'm bisexual.

I am one of the bisexuals that joined "GALAS" : Gay and Lesbian Armenian Society. I am also a bisexual that doesn't believe i should have to hide my sexuality. We get bombarded with "straight" orientation ALL THE TIME for DECADES. It's not a new concept. It's expected of people to be that way. When they discover someone that's not, they usually rely on hate and force to try to change that person. I warn you, it doesn't work. Why should I live in fear all the time? No, I am who I am. I love myself. I have a supportive network (boyfriend, GALAS, friends...). Also, no one's advocating straight people turn gay. That'd be simply ludicrous. All I ask is to be accepted for who I am, regardless of if you approve or disapprove it. Discrimination hurts, regardless of if you're the minority Armenian, or if you're bisexual. It's even worse if you're both (i would know, GALAS as told me many things.)

2. Why is it ok to be "cool and bisexual," but not to like 2 females at one time?

"Cool and bisexual" comes from Hollywood trying to promote tolerance, not it's the latest fad. That's young people taking it too far doing that. Your other half is rather divided. Some people promote "Free love" where that is completely okay. In America, it is also okay. In free love, it is even okay to have relationships with both women. For the rest of us that is not okay. Just because someone is bisexual, doesn't mean they're having two relationships: one with a boy and one with a girl. I have one boyfriend. I am also attracted to other females. He has me as his one girlfriend. He is also attracted to other females.

Here in America, it is common practice to "date around." In other words, date various people without intention to marry just yet. This practice teaches someone what they want or don't want in a relationship. If someone "matches" with them, or not. Cheating is still frowned upon.

Reading this was as exciting as listening somebody describing his/her haemorrhoids.
      Politics is not about the pursuit of morality nor what's right or wrong
      Its about self interest at personal and national level often at odds with the above.
      Great politicians pursue the National interest and small politicians personal interests

Comment

Tali, you'll find that a lot of people look at America's culture from the perspective of Borat. While many people accept that there may be cases of "confusion" due to cultural upbringing or maybe just hormonal imbalance, there is also a belief that a lot of it is in a person's head. That means that psychology has a lot to do with how a person perceives their own gender. As far as TV and the media promoting these alternate "lifestyles" to make it more "acceptable" I'd have to say that's a bunch of sheep manure.

I'd like to see how many of these "marriages" would take place if the law makers put a minimum of 10 yrs of marriage for those without children and for those with children, separation wouldn't be able to take place until the last child is 18. After all, America is a country based on laws.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Yedtarts View Post
          In my book marriage is a commitment to one person and one person only (till death do us part) it’s not a child’s game, I like this toy, no no, I like that toy, oh no no no, I like this one now. If one can’t make up his mind why get married, when he can stay single and changes partners as much as he likes to whatever gender he chooses till he decides which one he likes and sticks with till death. In life certain and important situations obliges people to decide and make their minds for good, and I think marriage is one of this important situations. This is my personal opinion of course.

Would you like it if your husband tells you “honey I love you but, I like this other woman too, and I would like to sleep with her at the same time”
          Perhaps I confused you. In American culture, it's not just bisexual people. A straight couple does the same thing. When we "date around," it's ever since most of us are probably junior high or high school age (so roughly earliest 12 years old). We have boyfriends or girlfriends (respective of orientation) ever since then. It means we date to see what we like in a relationship, not a gender. We're dating one at a time. Once we know what we want in a relationship, we keep having them til we finally find the one relationship where we know we want to marry that person.

Marriage is important. Dating around isn't once you feel you're ready to marry. In America, you marry after you've had a few relationships and therefore prove you are ready to make a commitment to the person you love.

As for your last one, you seem to confuse dating around with being married. My boyfriend and I are in what's called a "closed relationship." That means neither of us can go date other people since we are dating each other. Marriage is also considered a "closed relationship." Now, if my boyfriend and I were to break up, then both of us are free to go date other people.

Originally posted by gegev View Post
          I see US is not that democratic country, as you wish.

Some bisexuals reached excellence by becoming three sexual; having intercourse with dogs as well. Those are the ones to ....admire .... I think it is the real, next challenge for them.

So, I think your bisexual courses are not needed here, because, excluding you, I guess, most of us; Armenian woman/men are not that advanced/talented to be more than one sexual.
          In the United States, there are some states in which same-sex marriage is legal. I'm not in one of those states, but by looking at the last vote on it, it's a possible reality soon for my state.

I can't tell if you're joking, but there's no such thing as "three sexual." You're either: homosexual (like same gender as you), "bisexual" (like both genders), or "heterosexual" (like opposite gender). What you're referring to is called "beastiality." It is one of the sexual preferences of some individuals that doesn't really have a category. Also included are: necrophilia, pedophilia, and so on. Because someone is bisexual, homosexual, heteosexual, does not mean they also are into beastiality, necrophilia, or pedophilia. I myself am not into those latter 3. I like male and females humans.

I obviously got the hint that you want me to leave the forum. However, I'm not doing that so I guess you're going to have to be creative in avoiding me or leave yourself. Also, you generally stated Armenian men and women are only "one sexual" (which is entirely inaccurate to begin with: you mean heterosexual) -- but guess what? You're entirely and utterly wrong I hate to break it to you but there are quite a few Armenian Gay and Lesbian societies. I'm actually in one.

Originally posted by londontsi View Post
          Reading this was as exciting as listening somebody describing his/her haemorrhoids.
          That's fine that you feel that way. In a round about way I guess you're technically following the forum rules by stating an opinion about my bisexuality. I opened up this thread to answer questions. Either way, you still read the thread therefore you were informed - regardless of if you agree with it. You see, it's very rare for homosexuals or bisexuals to people to discuss their sexual orientation and even receive comments like yours (those yours is pretty tame for a homophobe), yet we have to put up with "straight orientation" pressures all the time. We can't go anywhere without it being shoved down our throats. It's interesting though, you probably feel like i'm shoving my bisexuality down your throat and are resenting it - whereas I know you're shoving your "straight orientation preference" down my throat and yet I'm able to tolerate it.
          Last edited by Tali; 02-12-2011, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
            Tali, you'll find that a lot of people look at America's culture from the perspective of Borat. While many people accept that there may be cases of "confusion" due to cultural upbringing or maybe just hormonal imbalance, there is also a belief that a lot of it is in a person's head. That means that psychology has a lot to do with how a person perceives their own gender. As far as TV and the media promoting these alternate "lifestyles" to make it more "acceptable" I'd have to say that's a bunch of sheep manure.

I'd like to see how many of these "marriages" would take place if the law makers put a minimum of 10 yrs of marriage for those without children and for those with children, separation wouldn't be able to take place until the last child is 18. After all, America is a country based on laws.
            I'm not familiar with Borat. But the other stuff you brought up is entirely up to debate right now. There is no one answer that is "preferred" over the others. Some people feel it's possibly genetic, others feel it's possibly all in one's mind, and yet others feel it's based on how someone's raised. No one knows. It's a really intriguing discussion in science and psychology classes I found. Mostly because there's no evidence for any of the possible "answers."

Ah, but you also brought up another interesting thing. Many people call bisexualism and homosexualism a "lifestyle." I suppose that makes sense, because I see "heterosexualism" as a lifestyle, too. You can make the same argument for asexualism. Though this can all get very confusing quickly.

Actually, it's rather fascinating. In California, you'll find people becoming "domestic partners." It's the closest homosexual couples can get to marriage in my state currently. I'm not sure if you heard of the controversy that occurred in 2008. San Francisco (a city here)'s mayor legalized gay marriage for that city. Turned into a big thing. But main ponit is that many couples who have been together for DECADES (i'm talking 3,4 ,5 or so decades) were finally able to get married. Even though in that same year, CA decided that statewide it is illegal for homosexual couples to marry, the marriages that did take place before that vote are held valid. also, as for children, many homosexual cuoples do want children so they adopt ones that usually a heterosexual couple abandons (whether by unplanned pregnancy, lack of financial assistance, etc) - and absolutely 0 evidence that it is harmful to the child. so i'm glad children are finally finding homes where they'll be loved and cared for.

The statistics for straight marriages with and without children is pretty broad. There is more likely divorces between straight couples than homosexual couples regardless of children. Straight couples used to "stick together" because of children but that's changing too. Kinda sad really.

Comment

To Tali: Would you marry a bisexual man and have children with him?

Comment

Yes I would

Comment

Originally posted by Tali View Post

The statistics for straight marriages with and without children is pretty broad. There is more likely divorces between straight couples than homosexual couples regardless of children. Straight couples used to "stick together" because of children but that's changing too. Kinda sad really.
                  When I refer to marriage, I'm referring to everyone regardless of their lifestyle. Just because someone is married doesn't mean they are devoted to their marriage. By the way, the statistics in California doesn't represent the rest of the world. The statistics in America altogether was altered so that people would perceive divorce as the norm. Self fulfilling prophecy. I don't expect many people to understand the broader politics behind these organizations that promote these ideas but straight couples used to "stick together" because they had brains that weren't controlled by the corporate media.
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

To me, as long as I love the person I'm with, that we're faithful to each other, and have a family and home, working together to maintain it -- I'm set that's all I want in life. I just want my own family (me, my spouse, children, and pets) where I won't be judged anymore, ridiculed, beaten. As I mentioned in another thread, my parents picked my major so I don't even get a career I want to do -- but i don't care because the job they picked is going to help me pay more and support my family. That's my dream.

I agree with you. I'm not going to even attempt to say the media hasn't influenced America. The statistics I was using was just for America. When we go on the global level... it's really not a surprise. The ones with the most media have higher rates of divorce than those without.

Comment

Working...
                    X