Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Gegev and Yedtarts mostly, others want to voice something on my bisexuality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gegev and Yedtarts mostly, others want to voice something on my bisexuality?

Originally posted by Odar View Post
    Gay people are not funded by anyone, either. I thought we were talking about causes.
    That's not true either
    http://www.freedomtomarry.org/

Comment

Re: Gegev and Yedtarts mostly, others want to voice something on my bisexuality?

Originally posted by Tali View Post
      However, some did. I'm not going to say all. I do not doubt your knowledge of history. The underground 'railroad' helped those with social inequality try to get to more equal treatment. It wasn't complete. (It still isn't for ANY race) but it was an attempt. In fact, the issue of slavery first appeared back when we were even writing our Constitution after our failed Articles of Confederation. We compromised that we cannot pass legislation that would negatively affect slavery for at least 20 years. Then, after 20 years, we passed legislation that stated we can no longer import slaves. That's when the South retaliated by then saying all children of children are slaves and so forth...

As for education, I'm certain you're aware of Brown v. Board of Education cases of 1954 and 1956/8; particularly growing up in the Detroit area. I wasn't disagreeing that there is no inequality towards racial groups. I am saying there still are successful blacks (*cough* the current President of the United States) that aren't basketball players or certain stereotypes attached to them.

The whole thing about the 'basic rights of humanity' has always and will forever be debated. There's even two different terms for them: civil rights versus civil liberties. That last bit about people eventually breaking free really intrigues me. For you see, I don't think people ever are really "free." That it's impossible -- though I may have an entirely different definition of "free" than you may have.
      Well my point was, that the years of slavery simply cannot be "fixed" by saying - ok, you're free to go now. We've used you to get REALLY wealthy so we no longer need your services. See, I don't think it works like that. I think there should be reparations including land and money for the generations of abuse. The wealthy should have been punished for what they did. At least, if I was black and had influence in America, that's what I would be working for. It seems to me Obama doesn't have the same vision. He wasn't raised as a member of real black advocacy groups like Black Panther party.

Sorry KanadaHye, but have you heard of NOM?
      http://www.nationformarriage.org/sit....BEC6/Home.htm
      No I haven't but I like this:

"Gays and Lesbians have a right to live as they choose,
      they don't have the right to redefine marriage for all of us."

Seriously, what IS it that people want? It seems to me, they want the same tax breaks and health care benefits that heterosexual married couples get. Guess what, the ugly single woman or ugly single man who can't find a mate doesn't get any tax breaks either, where is the equality?!?! I can see the issue government has here which is, straight males can easily be roommates and receive the benefits of same sex marriage all the while being playboys.

So soon as government removes these tax breaks and marriage privileges, that would put a huge sinker on marriage in America. I know many people who got married JUST FOR THE TAX BREAKS.
      Last edited by KanadaHye; 02-15-2011, 07:20 PM.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Where did I say they've turned into fascists? :-? Unless for "fascist" you mean every kind of intolerance toward non-approved, yet non-criminal behaviours. I don't like this use of the term, as you can find intolerant people even among those who embrace ideas completely opposed to political fascism. And I'm not sure they learned anything from Italy - I remember J.M. Le Pen once said that Hitler should have used an oil press on xxxs instead of the gas chambers. Luckily old Le Penis never made it to the government - unlike "our" pimps, mafiosi and racists, who seem to think they have the right to insult whoever doesn't kiss their asses.
        If you start denying certain groups from their individual rights such as their right to practice religion, you're essentially saying "you can't become a member of our giant organization called a country unless you change who you are"

I think George Orwell defined fascism the best:

The word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else ... Except for the relatively small number of Fascist sympathisers, almost any English person would accept ‘bully’ as a synonym for ‘Fascist’. That is about as near to a definition as this much-abused word has come.

Gay people are not funded by anyone, either. I thought we were talking about causes.

Well, this guy who's a rich same sex advocate is funding the politics:
        http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...606679,00.html
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

As much as Communism, that's why I prefer to distinguish between fascist ideology and intolerance/hatred toward this or that group/minority/whatever. My paternal grandfather believed that Fascism could make Italy a great and respected country where law and order prevailed (he was a carabiniere), but as far as I know he was never a hater. Of course he grossly misunderstood what it was all about, but there have been and there still are millions of people like him, who support parties and ideas without knowing exactly what they're doing.

There are people in Germany who make children just for the "Kindergeld" Seriously, I'd rather shovel dung for 12 hours a day to earn some money :P

Comment

I’m a multisexual, I see any hole get the urge to seal it, I see any pole get the urge to ride it. beat this!

Comment

Suit yourself :P

Comment

I'm hypersexual, give me time and I'll make up some fictitious terms and classifications for the next generation to follow.

For now I'll just claim it's caused by erratic blood pressure and hormone levels.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                  Well my point was, that the years of slavery simply cannot be "fixed" by saying - ok, you're free to go now. We've used you to get REALLY wealthy so we no longer need your services. See, I don't think it works like that. I think there should be reparations including land and money for the generations of abuse. The wealthy should have been punished for what they did. At least, if I was black and had influence in America, that's what I would be working for. It seems to me Obama doesn't have the same vision. He wasn't raised as a member of real black advocacy groups like Black Panther party.
                  That's a great idea and I agree with it, but it's not practical. Why? Because even back then, the 3/5ths compromise was because many states had MORE slaves than slave owners in the entire STATE they can't pay them all back.

No I haven't but I like this:

"Gays and Lesbians have a right to live as they choose,
                  they don't have the right to redefine marriage for all of us."

Seriously, what IS it that people want? It seems to me, they want the same tax breaks and health care benefits that heterosexual married couples get. Guess what, the ugly single woman or ugly single man who can't find a mate doesn't get any tax breaks either, where is the equality?!?! I can see the issue government has here which is, straight males can easily be roommates and receive the benefits of same sex marriage all the while being playboys.

So soon as government removes these tax breaks and marriage privileges, that would put a huge sinker on marriage in America. I know many people who got married JUST FOR THE TAX BREAKS.
                  I know my fair share of people like that too.

I don't like that phrase, because what harm does it do to allow everyone to marry?
                  I marry for love and security for a future. I'm not alone in that.

So what if we "redefine" marriage? At its most basic form, it doesn't even change much: Marriage between two people. Marriage between a man and a woman. One is excluding a very specific group of people and one is not. I like the one that's not.

Even then, so what if homosexual people marry? That doesn't change anything about straight marriages. Churches will still not be forced to marry gay couples (thanks to separation of church and state).

Comment

Even then, so what if homosexual people marry? That doesn't change anything about straight marriages. Churches will still not be forced to marry gay couples (thanks to separation of church and state).
                    They can't marry just like you can't marry an outlet to another outlet, you can only marry a plug to an outlet. You can define it as something else but it can't be defined as marriage. Marrying is when two parts fit together!!

Comment

They can't marry just like you can't marry an outlet to another outlet, you can only marry a plug to an outlet. You can define it as something else but it can't be defined as marriage. Marrying is when two parts fit together!!
                      Yes, but marriage is when two hearts fit together. Think about the vows of most services. They don't say: now you can insert your **** into her ****. They focus on love and commitment. Homosexual/bisexual people are capable of that. It's that marriage represents the bond two lovers share. They want to have that bond just like everybody else that opts to marry.

You can disagree with the actual act of sexual portion -- however, that argument is even outside marriage. Even religious groups don't always practice what they preach: many "religious" people do not wait til marriage before having sex.

Therefore, that entire argument went out the window way back in history. (I'm talking the reformation here of Lutheran in the 16th century!!)

Comment

Working...
                      X