Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Prostitution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seapahn
    If that were the case, you would be their most significant sponsor.

Basically the entire argument in this thread has come down to "prostitution is bad, girls are stupid, so let's make it illegal to protect them from making this huge mistake in life because so many of them are going to go and become prostitutes if it were legal". Obviously I disagree.
    Thats not it at all. Sex isn't for sale, no matter if your a male or a female.

Comment

• Why not? Give me a good reason why your way of thinking on this should be forced on everyone.

Reasons presented so far that I remember:

1) Prostitution bad because many girls are forced into it.
      2) Prostitution bad because it degrades the prostitute.
      3) Prostitution bad because it destroys marriages.
      4) Prostitution bad because it spreads disease.

My answers to these:

1) Being forced is irrelevant to whether it's legal or not.
      2) That is the prostitutes choice. People should have freedom of choice.
      3) That is something that the married people need to worry about not the rest of the population. Legislate laws to protect marriage regarding marriage itself -- such as outlaw adultery maybe.
      4) Disease spreads due to sexual promiscuity. If you want to prevent the spread of disease, you must either:

a. educate
      b. monitor and check periodically
      c. outlaw promiscuity (good luck!)

We all know c won't happen and in order to achieve a and b it is much better if prostitution is legalized as we have discussed before.
      Last edited by Sip; 05-08-2004, 10:09 AM.
      this post = teh win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seapahn
        If that were the case, you would be their most significant sponsor.

Basically the entire argument in this thread has come down to "prostitution is bad, girls are stupid, so let's make it illegal to protect them from making this huge mistake in life because so many of them are going to go and become prostitutes if it were legal". Obviously I disagree.
        I have a problem with the tyranny of good intentions. Everyone has the "best in mind" for everyone, but that is often the behavior that illicits the worst unintended consequences. Just worry about your own morals and your own life. I think prostitution is bad and wrong, but shyt who am I to try to change the oldest profession?
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Just trying to catch up guys...is the issue now if prostitution is good or bad?or is it if it should be legalized.
          Like a lotof of things on this planet,it is what it is.
          Has been around forever,and will be around forever.
          Heaven forbid anyone I know from being desperate enough to get into such a line of work!
          I agree 100% that men pay for prostitues because they leave when it's all said and done.
          Our opinions if it's good or bad doesn't really matter...like I said it is what it is.

Comment

• I think we pretty much all agree it's bad. The issue is whether there should be laws against it.
            this post = teh win.

Comment

• It should be neither legal or illegal, it should just be god dammit.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

• aren't there already laws which make prostitution illegal,which get the prostitute and the people using their services arrested?
                yeah I know mostly it's the men that get hauled off to jail...they want to embarrass and inconvenience the men,having their cars impounded.if that is what works,well then that is what will be used.

Comment

• ANONY, I missed your sense of humor...well it is what you said it should be.
                  and it still exists...

Comment

• How did I manage to kill this thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse
                      It should be neither legal or illegal, it should just be god dammit.
                      "Legal" means it is allowed to be, ass. Stop getting so emotional about it. In order for it to "just be" at this point, it has to be legalized; in other words, permitted by law. It either is permitted or it is not. Holy shyt.

Comment

Working...
                      X