Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Breakup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sad_eyes
    We often discussed this, and talked about how many children we would want, how we would raise them, etc. In the end, this was what he wanted too. But he had to chose. And he stuck with his traditions.....which I hate, and it hurts, but as I mentioned before, I have to respect.
    You have to accept it, yes, but respect it, no! xxxx respect - he hasn't shown you much, has he? For him, in the end, you were just a convenient temporary sideline to his life before returning back to the bosom of his "wonderful" family values. There is probably a universal type of such males: Asians or Blacks taking a few years "off-culture" with their "white" girlfriends for some amusement before getting married to one of their own.
    Plenipotentiary meow!

Comment

You know what's weird? I know of 3 people who had a break-up last night. One being you, the other being my close friend who was going out with some girl for a pretty long time, and another is some guy I know who had just met the girl. Weird. A lot of people have been telling me yesterday a lot of people broke-up. Ain't that somethin'?

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
        Such wisdom is rare on these here forums lately.
        If you appreciate such wisdom, then you should be watching soap operas more often!
        What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip
          You will NOT regret this decision. Believe me. With this kind of a guy, you are not just marrying him, you are marrying his parents. You are far better off without him than with him unless you want to be the donkey of his parents for the rest of your life.

Stay strong and don't take this kind of crap from anyone. If he loves you, if he REALLY loves you, no one else in the world should be able to tell him whether he wants to marry you or not!

And even if he does marry you, you have to make it clear from the beginning that the parents are going to have to mind their own business and not act like they own you as a pet or a piece of property. From the sounds of it, they will.

All I can say is, YOU GO GIRL.

Originally posted by bell-the-cat
          You have to accept it, yes, but respect it, no! xxxx respect - he hasn't shown you much, has he? For him, in the end, you were just a convenient temporary sideline to his life before returning back to the bosom of his "wonderful" family values. There is probably a universal type of such males: Asians or Blacks taking a few years "off-culture" with their "white" girlfriends for some amusement before getting married to one of their own.

You're both giving us the impression that in life 1 cent + 1 cent is equal to 2 cents!

Is it the case?
          Last edited by Siamanto; 06-11-2005, 12:23 AM.
          What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Yes well what else would 1 cent plus 1 cent equal?

hmmm?

--------------
            ..And $20 says you'll be back with Levonik by the end of next week!

Comment

Last night my sister and I went out to the bar with my brothers friends. I dont deny looking for him, my eyes were everywhere, every bald head made my heart race.........then we decided to go to another bar as we got bored with the one we were currently at, and we were walking when I seen my good friend Aram and his brother in law driving. Aram is best friends with Levon, he stopped the car and shouted at me from across the street asking how was I and things like that. Then the car drove away and Levon was standing there. That was a shock. He came over and we talked. He asked me why I didnt return his phone calls or why I blocked him from my msn. I cried....of course. I didnt know what to say, we both admitted that the feeling was wierd. I seen him earlier today when I was coming back from downtown with my sister, we drove by him in our car he was on his bike. He stopped and looked until we were gone. He said he seen that the car wasnt in my mothers home driveway so he new that I would be out and he went and looked for me......... I invited him with us to go to the bar, he came..we started dancing with my friends but I could see he was uncomfortable so I told him just to go sit down. He sat down and watched me, and even made a comment about this one Indian guy who was looking at me that if he came to me, he would "kick his ass.." then the slow song came on and he asked me to dance. That was a surprise because when we were together, he didnt really like to do that and if we did he wouldent hold me close like he did last night....he hugged me so close, I really needed that. After that things were awkward. I asked him if we were friends and he paused for a moment and said yes. My sister and our friends went home and me and Levon walked around the city and talked for about an hour and a half. We talked as if we hadent seen each other in a couple of months. We laughed, hugged, smiled, and there were ALOT of awkward moments. We are so used to holding each others hands and kissing that now we dont do that it is weird. Even Levon mentioned, after a long peiriod of silence that something felt wierd. We wanted to kiss each other, haha...........that was clear. And everytime he would brush the hair out of my face, I felt so nervouse. Truley, it felt like we were meeting for the first time again. All those..."butterflies." I dressed to impress last night (not to sound like a skank) and he was impressed....and now that we are not together I find him even more desirable....we went and sat on a swing set and I talked while he pushed me, we did that once when we were together...but then a couple of times he gave me the friends vibe and not the ex bf, he even pushed me on the shoulder. lol...........I dont know...........when we seperated ways we hugged and I told him to call me sometimes...............my mother often shakes her head and asks why we even bother trying to fight each other...........

Did I do right? I mean by talking to him..........?
              Last edited by sad_eyes; 06-12-2005, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spiral
                Yes well what else would 1 cent plus 1 cent equal?

hmmm?

--------------
                ..And $20 says you'll be back with Levonik by the end of next week!
                What, in real life, 1 cent plus 1 cent may equal? In some cases $20????

Comment

Originally posted by sad_eyes
                  Last night my sister and I went out to the bar with my brothers friends. I dont deny looking for him, my eyes were everywhere, every bald head made my heart race.........then we decided to go to another bar as we got bored with the one we were currently at, and we were walking when I seen my good friend Aram and his brother in law driving. Aram is best friends with Levon, he stopped the car and shouted at me from across the street asking how was I and things like that. Then the car drove away and Levon was standing there. That was a shock. He came over and we talked. He asked me why I didnt return his phone calls or why I blocked him from my msn. I cried....of course. I didnt know what to say, we both admitted that the feeling was wierd. I seen him earlier today when I was coming back from downtown with my sister, we drove by him in our car he was on his bike. He stopped and looked until we were gone. He said he seen that the car wasnt in my mothers home driveway so he new that I would be out and he went and looked for me......... I invited him with us to go to the bar, he came..we started dancing with my friends but I could see he was uncomfortable so I told him just to go sit down. He sat down and watched me, and even made a comment about this one Indian guy who was looking at me that if he came to me, he would "kick his ass.." then the slow song came on and he asked me to dance. That was a surprise because when we were together, he didnt really like to do that and if we did he wouldent hold me close like he did last night....he hugged me so close, I really needed that. After that things were awkward. I asked him if we were friends and he paused for a moment and said yes. My sister and our friends went home and me and Levon walked around the city and talked for about an hour and a half. We talked as if we hadent seen each other in a couple of months. We laughed, hugged, smiled, and there were ALOT of awkward moments. We are so used to holding each others hands and kissing that now we dont do that it is weird. Even Levon mentioned, after a long peiriod of silence that something felt wierd. We wanted to kiss each other, haha...........that was clear. And everytime he would brush the hair out of my face, I felt so nervouse. Truley, it felt like we were meeting for the first time again. All those..."butterflies." I dressed to impress last night (not to sound like a skank) and he was impressed....and now that we are not together I find him even more desirable....we went and sat on a swing set and I talked while he pushed me, we did that once when we were together...but then a couple of times he gave me the friends vibe and not the ex bf, he even pushed me on the shoulder. lol...........I dont know...........when we seperated ways we hugged and I told him to call me sometimes...............my mother often shakes her head and asks why we even bother trying to fight each other...........

Did I do right? I mean by talking to him..........?
                  Can you guess my answer?

With Spiral we have $20 on you! Please don't disappoint us! I can't afford losing $20!!! Thanks!

Comment

Sad Eyes,
                    While your love for Levon and his love for you might very strong, the duty he feels to his family (especially as an Armenian) or the duty he feels to his ethnicity cannot be downplayed or ignored. Hie family's unacceptance of you is not based on racism but on self-preservation of our tiny tribe. After all, we (Armenians) are only 7+ million on this green planet or ours. However, finding a true soulmate is such a lucky thing that it can't be thrown away and IMO it comes before all else. So if you both honestly believe you're each other soulmates, then you must stay together. But if Levon finds that his duty to his family and/or his duty to his people is stronger than your love, then I think the best thing for you is just forget him and really stop any contact with him. If I was in a similar situation, I'd ask the person to make a decision (give him a couple of days). After that, the best thing to do would be to go in whatever direction it takes you and not look back. Life's too short for spending it looking back and wallowing in uncertain decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by karoaper
                      Sad Eyes,
                      While your love for Levon and his love for you might very strong, the duty he feels to his family (especially as an Armenian) or the duty he feels to his ethnicity cannot be downplayed or ignored. Hie family's unacceptance of you is not based on racism but on self-preservation of our tiny tribe. After all, we (Armenians) are only 7+ million on this green planet or ours. However, finding a true soulmate is such a lucky thing that it can't be thrown away and IMO it comes before all else. So if you both honestly believe you're each other soulmates, then you must stay together. But if Levon finds that his duty to his family and/or his duty to his people is stronger than your love, then I think the best thing for you is just forget him and really stop any contact with him. If I was in a similar situation, I'd ask the person to make a decision (give him a couple of days). After that, the best thing to do would be to go in whatever direction it takes you and not look back. Life's too short for spending it looking back and wallowing in uncertain decisions.
                      karoaper,
                      I agree with everything you have said, except for one "detail!" How can you give only two days for such a decision? Keep in mind that the Human Reason is a very adaptive substance and people get used - i.e. adapt - to new or foreign ideas in time. You can't save - or build - a relationship with (an) ultimatum(s). For me two days equates to an ultimatum.

Comment

Working...
                      X